“Best Sushi I've had in Canada.”
Review of Toudai Sushi

Toudai Sushi
Ranked #6 of 22 Restaurants in Port Hardy
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 8, 2014

My gf and I went to Toudai Sushi mid Aug 2014 on our one night in Port Hardy before we caught the BC Ferry up to Bella Bella. We've eaten in around six different Sushi restaurants in Canada in the eight weeks we've been here and this is hands down the best. The presentation, quality of ingredients and the taste were all superior to anywhere else we've been. I see some comments about the quality of service here but we didn't experience anything negative, in fact we chatted to the waitress after our meal and she gave us some local info. leaflets and a quick First Nations local history lesson; we left fully sated and very happy with our evening!

Reviewed September 2, 2014

I love this sushi restaurant! For a small town we have an awesome little sushi treasure!! The locals have their favourite roll or appy and if there is a question the amazing Dana can always give an idea or two of the many different tastes that could tantalize anyone!! I haven't gone wrong w/ any recommendations I've had!! Amazing place to hang out and look out the windows at the activity in the bay...!!

Reviewed August 20, 2014

Short: Tasty, pedestrian fare that was well prepared, pricey (not so much because of where it is) funky and fun wait staff.

Long: When one of our party suggested sushi, I will admit I was not sure if that would be wise without a personal recommendation from someone I know. It was a pleasant surprise to take the advice of the manager of Ecoscape Cabins to try this local find. The food was nicely presented and though not especially adventurous it was tasty. The Bento Box A was generous and warm/cool as you would expect from the content.

The tempura was a bit different, perhaps Im used to the crispier and lighter versions I have tasted before. Dinner for 4 was not outrageous but a bit pricey for the food presented.

I would go back and try other offerings. The wait staff was a treat and very efficient.

1  Thank yaletowners
Reviewed March 4, 2014

First thing I am going to say is that I have never had a poor meal there. I have had sushi at a zillion restaurants from Vancouver to Central America. Their food is up there with the best. The service and the atmosphere is a different story. The restaurant needs updating and they should turn the heat once in a while. The servers are good but a lot of the time under staffed. I believe at times the kitchen can't keep up. I think they should think about changing their name to "Tomorrow Sushi"

Reviewed July 21, 2013

With few restaurants in the area, was pleasantly surprised to find a real sushi restaurant, with real sushi chef, in Port Hardy. Very enjoyable Bento Box meal. Nice view over the water. Pretty basic older surroundings, decor etc.