“Good sushi. Try the candied apple roll.”
Review of Toudai Sushi

Toudai Sushi
Ranked #6 of 22 Restaurants in Port Hardy
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 28, 2013

The restaurant itself has a good view of Port Hardy harbour.
It was somewhat cold when I was in Port Hardy (3 degrees C) so they had some additional heaters placed around the restaurant.

I tried 3 different rolls all were good. California, Dynamite, and a Candied Apple roll which I thought was the best, unique.

Service was excellent. I was in a bit of a rush, made that clear, and was in and out within 20 mins.

I will go again.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have gone to this restaurant several times, and the food is always great; however, the service sucks. The place was fairly busy, and the waitress was mainly focused on take-out than service customers. After we got our food, that was the last time we saw her until we flagged her down 1/2 after we were finished. She didn't even clear the appy dishes off our table! There's an electronic button on the table to flag the waitress, but they cleared it from the screen and didn't even look at us. The food is great, but I can't handle terrible service - may not go back.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Sushi was really good and there was lots to chose from. They are only open til 9 and if you look closely the kitchen closes at 8 so you need to get there early. I got there about 10 to 8 and was asked to "hurry and order - sooner the better".

Reviewed January 15, 2013

DEFINITELY order the agedashi tofu when you go to Toudai's, it's maybe my favourite food! This place has a great view of the bay, lots of windows, and great sushi.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

This is a place that is more than you expect. Port Hardy isn't the most exiting little place, and I was more than surprised to find a hotel with a restaurant on the premises. To then find out that it produces very good food, at very reasonable prices made our day. Just don't expect to arrive for a late evening meal - the kitchen closes at eight, and the doors at nine, in keeping with just about everything else in town...