“Poor Service and No Food at Captin Hardy”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Captain Hardy's

Captain Hardy's
Ranked #16 of 20 Restaurants in Port Hardy
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Rancho Cucamonga, California
“Poor Service and No Food at Captin Hardy”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

I would not recommend this restaurant. Although it was a Sunday and very busy, the waitress was rude and condescending. When I greeted her with "god morning, she immediatly pointed to her watch and said it was afternoon. I lightly complied with her correction.

I then asked for some halibut, and she pointed to a very very small sticky note on the cash register which said "no Halibut Today". I apologized to her for not seeing it.

I asked the waitress if there was any fresh seafood, she replied that everything was frozen.

So, I ordered a bacon and lettuce and tomato sandwich. I waited 45 minutes for the sandwich and at least five other customers who arrived after me were served.

My wife who had ordered a sandwich next door had joined me at my table at Captain Hardy and finished her sandwich while I was still waiting for my order.

I finally said to the waitress that I was tired of waitng and requested my money back. She replied, "Can't you see, we are really busy". I was finally refunded my money and I told the waitress she was very rude. She frankly could not recall any of her previous rude innuendos or comments.

I would highly recommend NOT eating at this eating establishment, although frankly I never ate there.

Visited May 2012

Campbell River, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012

Great food, friendly waitress. Funny cook made us all laugh in the morning, what a great start to the day

Visited August 2011
“Wave your hunger goodbye....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012 via mobile

Spent a couple of days in Port Hardy..ate breakfast here both mornings. You get a no nonsense, hearty breakfast at a good price with very friendly staff. Absolutely no problem recommending this restaurant

Grande Prairie, Alberta
“Big Breakfest = Big Smiles”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2012

Had a fantastic greasy breakfest from Captain Hardy's after staying at the C&N Backpackers Hostel. Very affordable and very tasty!

Visited June 2011
Maryland
“exceptional breakfasts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2010

We went to Captain Hardy's for breakfast on our recent trip to Port Hardy. Our experience was so exceptional we went there for breakfast the next day, too, and loved it! The food was excellent, nicely plated, and while I expected it to be greasy - Captain Hardy's has the appearance and prices of a "diner" - it most definitely was not. The red-jacketed potatoes that came with our eggs were crisp and light. I had the blackstone bennie - fresh eggs, perfectly poached, perfect tomatoes, and light hollaindaise sauce rather than the thick packaged crud I would have accepted. Really, this was beyond my expectations. During our two breakfasts, people in our party had the oatmeal, waffles, pancakes, eggs and bacon, and the bennie I described: everyone loved everything! And the service was friendly, fast, and welcoming. Really, the perfect restaurant.