“Don't waste your money”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Victoria, Canada
“Don't waste your money”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

The 'Chinese' restaurant was a total disappointment! Wait staff were great which is too bad because the food they have to serve is below par. In a fishing port one expects fresh seafood and not canned shrimp. It was inedible and stayed up most of the night being sick, so thanks anyway Mr. Manager ... It was not fresh like you insisted and wouldn't return our money.

Very bad experience ... Stay away!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“City feel in a small town.”
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

I'm from Vancouver and my brother worked in Port Hardy. When he came home he told me if you were ever in Port Hardy, go to Seto's. Well came up with him this time and I have to say we had a blast. I felt like I was sitting in a lounge in Vancouver. The food was outstanding and even more so the staff were so friendly. There was a cute guy behind the bar that made my friend and I feels so welcome.

I would dine their again if never I am in the area, in a heart beat.

• Visited January 2013
Campbell River, Canada
“Not a good experience”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Booked a buffet for 25 people (peewee hockey team), did not happen and we were told it was our mistake. NOT!!!! Had to order from menu it took 2 Hrs for food to arrive & 1 person didn't even get a meal. Only apology was from server with NO appearance from owner & manager(who were present). food was cold & not very good. Rating in the minus 5. Will never go there again.

• Visited January 2013
“Classy lounge, good chinese food”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Seto's is gorgeous, with deep red walls and an overall eclectic vibe. The food is standard Canadian Chinese fare, but it's sure delicious!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Basio_fervidus
Port McNeill
“Delicious food, wonderful service”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We've eaten Seto's eastern food many times but this time we enjoyed a wonderful western meal. We were there for a pre-booked Christmas party so there were more than 20 of us. The tables were all nicely set for Christmas and we were given 3 choices for dinner: roast beef, stuffed pork tenderloin or salmon. I had the pork and it was delicious !! A very generous portion of stuffed pork with gravy, cheesy scalloped potatoes and root vegetables. Beautifully displayed. Our dinner also included salad, buns and lots goodies for dessert like mini cheesecake, tarts and cake. They really know how to cater and the service was exemplary.

• Visited December 2012