“I don't sleep that good at home....”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Hardy
Bear Cove Cottages Resort
rinse rupert
“I don't sleep that good at home....”
Reviewed May 27, 2010

The cottages are exactly what the doctor ordered. I love the location and the relaxation I get when I stay at the Bear Cove Cottages. Country air, privacy, BBQ on the deck and fantastic views. I have stayed at the cottages a number of times and I love it everytime I go. Shannon and Wade are the reason I return, good people, with a A class resort. I managed to get a trip in early this spring to the north island and managed to get out fishing as well while I was there, a little early for the big salmon but Wade is a pro and he took me to where they were biting, and I manged to land a nice spring much early than I ever have in the past. I have already booked my summer fishing trip at Bear Cove for the end of July and I can't wait to get back. Never disappointed with my stay there at Bear Cove cottages, I recommend the cottages to all my family and friends if they are on they way to Port Hardy. Something to be said about the sleep I get when I stay there, I don't sleep that good at home. Bear Cove Cottages is also true to it's name, I managed to see one of the local bears up really close this time, and got some great pictures. Shannon told me the bear I saw is named Ebony, I couldn't of planned it any better if I tried.....

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Victoria
Reviewed May 26, 2010

we stayed 1 night, on way to BC Ferries... Magnificent view from cosy cabin. The owners were really friendly and helpful, Equipped well in kitchebn, nice relaxing bath jacuzzi.... only draw back, not great without a car, we dropped car off at airport and once caught taxi there we couldn't do much(not that we needed to!)
Definitely recommend if heading on the ferry or have car,.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed May 22, 2010

My friends and I have stayed at the Bear Cove Cottages for several years on our annual fishing trip to the area. We really like it there because the cottages provide us with the perfect spot to just hang out after fishing. They are out of town a few minutes, which makes the area pretty quiet so you can sit out on the balcony. Wade and Shannon are great hosts, staying out of your way or helping out whichever you are looking for. The kitchenettes in the cottages are a good feature for the area, as you are sure to be heading out early on an excursion and want to eat some breakfast or pack a lunch to go. After all, the best feature of the area is the wilderness, and there isn't a restaurant around every corner... thank goodness.

There is a nice view of the water and island from the cottage balconies.

The drive up to Port Hardy is beautiful, and if you keep your eyes open you will see a lot of wildlife in the area. I have been to Port Hardy at least 15 times, and every time I have been on the water I have seen either whales or porpoises or dolphins... and always bald eagles and seals.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Victoria
Reviewed April 10, 2010

My boyfriend and I decided to make a trip from the bottom of the Island all the way to the top, and we booked at the Bear Cove Cottages on the Internet before we left. They looked cute and were a good rate. As we neared Port Hardy, I started to get a bit worried, since the town seemed so isolated. I wasn't sure what we would find! However, I was pleasantly surprised to find the Bear Cove Cottages to be a row of very cute and clean cabins nestled up on a hill overlooking the ocean. Shannon and Wade, the proprietors, were very friendly and made us feel at home right away. We enjoyed the electric fireplace, which helped to take the April chill away. I'd been worried that the cottages would be far out of town, but we were happy to find that they were only about a three minute drive away. The cabins come equipped with a kitchenette and fridge, which was handy too. I'd highly recommend this spot for anyone needing a place to stay in Port Hardy.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Vancouver Island
Reviewed April 10, 2010

We've just returned yet again from a much needed rest away from "it all". We discovered Bear Cove Cottages a couple of years ago and have returned several times. It's a beautiful drive up Vancouver Island with amazing wildlife sightings on the way.
Not only do we appreciate the cozy cottages with the most comfortable beds and magnificent ocean views........it is the hospitality of it's owners that keeps us coming back. The Dayleys have gone out of their way for us each time we arrive and make our comfort their priority on a daily basis. The cleanliness is also very much appreciated!
The cottages are self-contained with a small kitchen so we're able to cook our own meals (if we want to).....we just have to bring our food. Sometimes we decide to treat ourselves and head to a local restaurant just a few minutes away.
It's such a quiet setting.......we have always enjoyed watching the eagles from our deck......a real treat for us city people! It's owners, Wade and Shannon, are long time residents and know the area so well. That's been very helpful in us getting information for our day trips. The ferry to Prince Rupert is just 2 minutes from them too and we found that really handy last year.
We'll go back again for sure and have recommended several friends and family members.

Vancouver
Reviewed February 22, 2010

Our family has stayed at Bear Cove Cottages seven years in a row and have fished the waters around Port Hardy every trip. Wade & Shannon provide great accommodation, close to town but removed enough to be peaceful. The fully equipped cabins are new, clean, functional and provide a great view of the ocean.

We fish with Wade on his fabulous 25 foot Grady White and have had great success year after year. My wife, our twin daughters and I have all caught tyees along with lots of other salmon and bottom fish. We see whales, dolphins, porpoises, sea lions and seals. The bird life is amazing. Wade is outstanding as a guide and has great equipment on board. His six years of Coast Guard training gives us confidence when we’re out on the water and his upbringing in the area allows him to know the hot spots to fish. The lunch that Shannon provides is excellent and much appreciated. Bear Cove Cottages is a great set-up that makes our trip easy and enjoyable.

Would we go back again? Absolutely. We’ve already booked for this summer!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank CMSJ-yvr
Olympia WA
Reviewed February 17, 2010

My spouse and I traveled with 2 other couples who are long-time friends. We rented an RV space; they each rented a cottage. Both the RV site and the cottages were great. The cottages were clean and well equipped. A freezer was available for our fish and the boat moorage, while a short walk from the cottages, was secure and convenient. The aff were helpful and accomodating, and the cottages have a great view of Hardy Bay..

J. Rochelle

Ecoscape Cabins
Ecoscape Cabins
#2 of 15 in Port Hardy
North Coast Trail Backpacker's Hostel

Been to Bear Cove Cottages Resort? Share your experiences!