“One Can Only be so Lucky to Stay at the Best Place in Port Hardy.”
Review of Orange Tabby B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Hardy
Orange Tabby B&B
Ranked #3 of 16 Port Hardy B&B and Inns
Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada
“One Can Only be so Lucky to Stay at the Best Place in Port Hardy.”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

It happened by accident that I met the amazing woman who runs the Orange Taby on a morning walk my first day in Port Hardy. A very wonderful accident as I hadn't found accommodations yet and needed them. Susan is very friendly and offered that I come by later and look at her B&B. So I did and I will never forget the 2 amazing months I spent in Port Hardy with Susan and James as my hosts. They are knowledgable about everything you need to know, from the right way to cook fresh caught crab, to all the great hiking and fishing spots, and where to eat and what to see. The guest areas are very private and separate and include your own washroom and a fully equipped kitchen with laundry as well. The rooms and living areas are tastefully decorated making you feel as comfortable as you would be at home. Susan is very particular and meticulous about cleaning and disinfecting. Some of the rooms have an amazing ocean view and with the excellent location you are in walking distance from everything you need in town as well. On occasions you will come home to fresh baked bread and scones or a home cooked meal, but my favorite will always be the molasses raisin bread. Thanks for the amazing stay Susan and James! You two are fantastic ;)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Rebecca K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Its a very quiet clean and comfortable Bed and Breakfast. Susan and James were without question the friendliest hosts ive run across. I work on the road 10 months of the year, it is hard to find such a place in my travels. They were there making sure all my needs were taken care of, without being bothersome. I happened to be there on ST. Patricks Day, they had an excellent meal prepared, and then after we went down to the local sports lounge and had a couple green beer, i enjoyed my stay there and made friends with them that i will not soon forget. If you are out that way you must call them and book your stay, you will not regret it. Thanks again Susan and James for all the meals the baking and pastries you had for us.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank William B
West Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Enroute via ferry to Prince Rupert my wife and I stayed for two nights and another night when coming back. Rooms were clean but a little small, beds were okay and breakfast was very good. Town is quite small so almost any place would do for location to ferry.

Room Tip: Only three rooms to choose from. The Pug room is the smallest.
4 Thank NEB7
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed September 5, 2012

James and Susan, owners of the Orange Tabby, truly go above and beyond in every aspect of their role as innkeepers. Both are superb cooks, gracious hosts and knowledgable residents of the northern island. They are attentive without being intrusive. Guest rooms are at ground level and very private. One of our party misplaced his wallet. How many hosts would drive a worried guest to the ferry terminal late at night to set his mind at ease? Without question, this should be your first choice of where to stay in Port Hardy.

4 Thank Nancy W
Lake Stevens, Washington
Reviewed September 3, 2012

James and Susan make sure that every detail is taken care of...from booking a tour with Larry (we saw bears and elk), making sure a dinner was waiting upon our return, raincoats for an adventure in the woods, homemade champagne (wish we could buy some of that in the states!) to toast my parents 50th anniversary, healthy and hearty breakfast, comfortable and spotless rooms....there is no where else to stay in Port Hardy!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Mamahiker
Arlington, Texas, United States
Reviewed August 18, 2012

My husband Tim and I have never been to this part of the Island, so we were excited,but unfamiliar with the area and what to do when we got there. The owners, James and Susan were fantastic and the first thing we were asked is "What will be your adventure for today?" They know everything there is to do and are gracious and friendly and eager to help you create your perfect adventure. Between the lovely room, yummy food and especially the charm of the hosts, we had a wonderful stay and plan to make it a yearly stop when we visit Canada. I do not have enough time to tell you about our adventure but let's just say that it was "paved" with lots of excitement .
Lynda & Tim .

Room Tip: We stayed in the orange tabby room. It was beautiful and cozy :) Even has a small fridge.
3 Thank Lynda B
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 29, 2012

fabulous hosts, clean and well thought out rooms, immaculate linen. i cant say enough good things about this 5star gem in the middle of nowwhere. We went out on the beach with Susan and James and that was a new experience picking up clams and crabs and geoducks. Everywhere in town feels like 5 minutes walk, max,

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family