“This pub is one of the best”
Review of The Royal Oak Inn

The Royal Oak Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Wetton
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Royal Oak at Wetton is a 300 year old traditional country pub that offers excellent pub food, a selection of ever changing Real Ales, an open fire and beer garden. We have recently won 2 CAMRA awards and we feature in the 2017 Good Beer Guide. We host events throughout the year, from charity quizzes, Meet the Brewer, outdoor theatre, local art & craft exhibitions to vintage car rallies. We are a family friendly pub and walkers, cyclists, muddy boots and dogs are all welcome! We also have a small, basic and quiet campsite and from October until Easter offer free camping for any campers who dine in our pub. Please call for more information!
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We had our motorbike rally in Wetton Village this weekend. The weather was awful and although the pub doesn't usually open during the day it stayed open for us all afternoon. Fires were lit and we were ensconced until midnight with lively discussion with the locals excellent beer and very fine food coming out of the kitchens. The young lady behind the bar went out of her way to be helpful and accommodating and she didn't stop working all the time we were there. The pub itself has a wonderful atmosphere and is quite a find and tucked away in such a small village it was obvious that both bar staff and locals work hard to make sure people return again and again.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Fantastic homecooked food with massive portions and over 30 choices for main courses. Dogs also allowed in the pub. Great choice of real ales

Reviewed October 26, 2013

I love this pub. It is a typical no-nonsense Peak District pub that offers a very welcoming environment, open fire, great beer and some of the best pub food I have ever had. This is traditional stuff here so don't expect fancy gourmet pub food. My wife had Ham Egg & Chips which had the most sublime off the bone ham and I went for the Pork & Black Pudding sausages which were heavenly! The staff were welcoming and the atmosphere great. They take dogs, walkers, cyclists and anyone with a smile! Only problem is that they close at 2:30pm, I could have stayed all afternoon. Finally, the prices are very attractive. £23 for a meal for two including drinks - you cannot beat that.

This is my third visit to this pub and far from my last!

2  Thank Paul H
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Myself and my husband and grandaughter eat at the royal oak in wet ton last night myself and my husband had gammon and Chloe had burglar the meal was great the staff were first class and the pub was very well coming if you are in Derbyshire don't miss having a meal at the oak.

1  Thank Angie W
Reviewed September 26, 2013

The food has a heavy bias toward fried, the décor was jaded, patio area not swept for a long time and it generally looked and felt unloved. My order was wrong and you could hear staff arguing in the background. The positives were a cheerful barmaid who tried her best and the beer was well kept.