“New meaning to "bed and breakfast"”
Review of Lintwood Farmhouse

Lintwood Farmhouse
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Osmaston
Lintwood Farmhouse
Ranked #1 of 1 Osmaston B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 7, 2010

I was inclined to say nothing of the wonderful hospitality of our hosts in the hope that I could cherish this secret and come to stay whenever I pleased. However, that would hardly be the appropriate way to express my delight and that of my children, who also enjoyed the most comfortable beds and the most delicious breakfast in Derbyshire. The previous night was spent at the vastly more expensive Von Essen Callow Hall. Lintwood Farmhouse is by far and away a more comfortable place to rest-and far less costly. The bed was very comfortable, and as big as half a boxing ring. The spotless bathroom is larger than any bathroom in any 5 star hotel on any of the four continents that I have visited. Plemty of hot water, towels, soap, shampoo and heaps of toilet roll.The rooms are equipt with coffee and tea making facilities. Orders for breakfast were taken the night before-the choice extensive. The scrambled eggs are of unparralleled simplcity-free range and very local -just delicious, serrved up by one of the world's more entertaining, intrepid, learned men who was delighted to remove my plate as I cast my eyes down lamenting the end of the weekend's culinary delight. This is serious bed and breakfast!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Safarini
There are newer reviews for Lintwood Farmhouse

Reviewed June 25, 2010

I had the pleasure of staying one night at Charles & Jennifer's beautiful farmhouse whilst on a business trip. I had stayed in several B&Bs in the area for previous events which, this time around, were all booked up. I stumbled upon Lintwood Farmhouse through Google and, in haste to find a room at short notice, called them up. I was greeted by the wonderful (or should I say, wizard... it'll make sense when you stay there!) Jennifer, who booked me in, and I knew then I was in for a treat.

To say the house is beautiful is an understatement. The location and grounds are utterly charming, as are the hosts, including the pet pooch Meg. They could not have been more accommodating; not only did they treat me to a welcome drink in the garden, they proceeded to invite me to have supper with them, which involved a couple of bottles of red wine between us.

As I mentioned to them, it must be the least profitable B&B in the country, as Charles & Jennifer relish entertaining their guests above and beyond the call of duty! They really could charge triple, and no-one would bat an eyelid.

In summary, Lintwood is a hidden gem, and the charming and interesting hosts make it a real find. I will be back both for business and leisure - it's a proper slice of England.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank PhilMiner
Reviewed June 20, 2010

We stayed for two nights at Lintwood. Jennifer and Charles Swabey were really friendly and hospitable. Our room in their lovely old house was supremely comfortable with a spacious bathroom and we had excellent breakfasts.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NainyNorthWales
Reviewed January 16, 2010

In the midst of what was apparently the coldest winter for 30 years we spent a glorious weekend cuddled up before a roaring log fire - too comfortable to brave the outdoors. The bedroom and bathroom were luxury personified, and our hosts utterly charming

This is no ordinary b&b. Welcomed like long lost friends we entered the unusual world of an isolated Derbyshire farmhouse in the depths of winter, wonderfully equipped to keep the cold at bay - and entertained by our hosts' conversation and delightful humour in glorious surroundings. But please note, in these wintery conditions a four wheel drive vehicle is essential.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BandBdevotees

Been to Lintwood Farmhouse? Share your experiences!