We stayed in the B&B accommodation at Rivendale and, especially after reading a lot of the TA reviews, were sceptical about it's 4* rating, but it really is excellent. The room was as lovely as you could wish for, good quality furnishings, a fabulous large bed, air con/heating which kept it as cool/warm as you wanted, a clean contemporary bathroom with a good shower. The bedding was white and fresh and the towels good quality, thick and fluffy.
I have given the overall mark as 4 rather than 5 only because it wasn't absolutely perfect; there is a slight issue with noise from the front door, stairway and other guests' doors. I'm not sure what you could do about it, but with solid floors it's a bit echo-ey and secure door clicks very loudly and the fire doors are prone to make quite a noise as they shut. Also whilst the breakfast was very good on the first day, it was all a bit undercooked on the second.
We had friends staying in tents and caravans at Rivendale for the weekend and, as we are not campers, being able to go along and stay in a B&B room was fabulous.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Park surrounded by fabulous scenery offering Yurts, Camping Pods, Pine Lodges, B & B rooms, Holiday Caravans & tent or caravan pitches for rental. WiFi cafe, pub & restaurant on site. Ideal for walking & cycling just 100 metres from the Tissington Trail with footpaths from site leading into Dove dale. Convenient Alton Towers, Chatsworth, Matlock, Carsington Water, National Tram Museum etc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with PitchUp so you can book your Rivendale Caravan & Leisure Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rivendale Caravan And Leisure Park
- Rivendale Caravan & Leisure Park Hotel Alsop En Le Dale
- Rivendale Caravan & Leisure Park Alsop En Le Dale, Peak District National Park