Rivendale Caravan & Leisure Park
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$162
$104
$300
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsshower blockon sitethe pubtissington trailnice sitecamping podswild campinghot tublong walklog burnertouring caravanpool tablelast weekenddisused quarryplay arealovely locationwell stocked shop
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

Came for a weekend stay in our tourer.lovely site,very peaceful with clean toilets.
Unfortunately the site is let down with the bar/restaurant. Rude staff and no choice on meals.the food menu on the website looks great but in reality there was only a choice of 4 meals.

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank DerbyRachel
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We arrived on site Sat 25th May, having booked a 5 night stay. The site, staff and location was so good, we stayed for the full week. Shame the heavens opened for three days after extending our visit! The reception staff gave free walking maps, and recommended a good pub on one of the walks - unusual as they have their own bar/restaurant. We ate here twice, although limited menu, the food was lovely.

The friendly staff all worked so hard, from morning till night making sure things were up to scratch.

For us, this site fulfilled all our needs as it is so dog friendly; being able to take your dogs when you eat out takes a lot of stress out of a trip, not having to leave them in the caravan with the possibility of disturbing others.

Thanks for a great week, cant wait to come back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Gregpotter, Manager at Rivendale Caravan & Leisure Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thank you for your review, this is a great area for a walk with a pub enroute. Best wishes.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I visited Rivendale early May, the caravan and camping site was in a lovely old quarry , nicely set out, with different areas for different things such as camping, yurts, statics tourers.

Staff were pleasant, I wouldn't say they were over friendly or over helpful.

The restaurant and bar were closed except on weekends which it did state on the website that this was opening times for Low Season, I thought in May that they may be open, so I ate and drank off site all times, which required the car as a ten minute drive to Ashbourne and a 15 Minute drive to Buxton. Also not available for use was the eco spa/Jacuzzi another thing I think that would have contributed to the trip.

Cafe was open each day with a basic menu.

Site was kept clean and tidy at all times, I am sure the campsite when full and all facilities open is lovely, I just think I picked the wrong time to visit.

Overall a nice experience at Rivendale but just let down by lack of things open or available on site.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank CHALKY54321

Thank you for your review. Unfortunately, the hot tub had sprung a few leaks at the time of your visit, hence was out of action, for which please accept our apologies. Our cafe is open to both residents and non-residents 7 days a week 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The bar also opens on some mid-week evenings outside of the school holidays when there is demand for it. However, there are 3 pubs within a 2.5 mile radius of Rivendale which can be accessed by pubic footpath, without the need to drive to Ashbourne or Buxton - our apologies if we failed to point this out.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We have just had a wonderful long weekend in the beautiful Olympia Lodge at Rivendale. It was a perfect holiday home for 6 adults. Spotlessly clean, incredibly stylish, comfortable and very well equipped. As a group of mixed ability cyclists it's ideally located for family cycling on the flat Tissington Trail and for road cyclists who aren't afraid of long steep hills.
We ate in the pub on-site two evenings and all enjoyed our meals and excellent service.
The staff at Rivendale are so helpful and welcoming, we felt as if we were seeing old friends after our stay here last October. We look forward to staying here again. Thank you Kim, Vicky and staff.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind words, they are much appreciated - we look forward to your next visit. Best wishes from all our staff.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Hi. Just back from rivendale. Stayed in the meadow with our tent and really loved the setting. I actually like the fact you can't take your car onto the meadow. It's covered in wild flowers and lush grass and all this would be turned over in no time. Besides the whole place feels more tranquil and less like a car park which i think is a big plus.The trips back and forth to ferry your kit is made a little easier by the fact it's slightly downhill when dropping off at your pitch.

Walks from the site are breath takingly beautiful and the Tissington trail is right on the door step.

Have read a few negatives about the loo block , yes it got muddy but what can you expect, it rained most days. The block is uni sex which was unusual and I would have preferred separate facilities but I got over it. Yes, they could do with a bigger pot wash but I can honestly say we neve queued once for it!

Staff were great. I had a flat battery the night before leaving and no number to call the RAC on me as my phone was also flat. A member of staff took me to the reception ( well after it was shut) flashed up the computer and got me the number, then gave me their phone to use and even popped mine on charge without me asking . She then said she would keep an eye out for the van and direct them to m car. Faultless service at a stressful time so thank you very much for that.

Kids loved the site and played in the wooded area in the meadow. They also loved the fields around the meadow with long grass and we played a game of (drop) hide and seek. Seriously funny when one minute they are running off in all directions only to disappear into the grass when some one shouted drop. They were practically invisible until one of them giggled once you were getting really close. happy days.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends