I visited Rivendale early May, the caravan and camping site was in a lovely old quarry , nicely set out, with different areas for different things such as camping, yurts, statics tourers.
Staff were pleasant, I wouldn't say they were over friendly or over helpful.
The restaurant and bar were closed except on weekends which it did state on the website that this was opening times for Low Season, I thought in May that they may be open, so I ate and drank off site all times, which required the car as a ten minute drive to Ashbourne and a 15 Minute drive to Buxton. Also not available for use was the eco spa/Jacuzzi another thing I think that would have contributed to the trip.
Cafe was open each day with a basic menu.
Site was kept clean and tidy at all times, I am sure the campsite when full and all facilities open is lovely, I just think I picked the wrong time to visit.
Overall a nice experience at Rivendale but just let down by lack of things open or available on site.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Park surrounded by fabulous scenery offering Yurts, Camping Pods, Pine Lodges, B & B rooms, Holiday Caravans & tent or caravan pitches for rental. WiFi cafe, pub & restaurant on site. Ideal for walking & cycling just 100 metres from the Tissington Trail with footpaths from site leading into Dove dale. Convenient Alton Towers, Chatsworth, Matlock, Carsington Water, National Tram Museum etc. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Rivendale Caravan & Leisure Park Hotel Alsop En Le Dale
- Rivendale Caravan And Leisure Park
- Rivendale Caravan & Leisure Park Alsop En Le Dale, Peak District National Park