Last minute idea to spend the weekend somewhere up north with access to beautiful walking locations, uncertain weather, lack of camping equipment - glamping became a new learnt term for us all, and we all thoroughly enjoyed the experience.
Our pod at Rivendale, was located up a hill, away from the main sections of the campsite, which suited us fine. The site was very well kept, water available very near by, each pod has a connection to electricity - what more could you ask for? :)
We were quite conscious regarding noise levels for other campers, as the spacing between the pods isn't huge. Our intention to walk wasn't so much held back by the rain, we walked during the night instead :) But coming back to the site we couldn't help but feel that we might be slightly disturbing others. No comments were made or complaints risen though.
There is an on site pub serving food - those that ate were happy enough. On site shop for supplies, even for BBQ was handy. And regarding walks, a number of possible trails can be reached either by foot or by car from the camp site. Wash facilities were impressive, couldn't ask for more at a campsite.
Would recommend, do recommend! I imagine for couples, families - this would be more suitable. Will be doing something like this again, although maybe next time looking for something more secluded.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Park surrounded by fabulous scenery offering Yurts, Camping Pods, Pine Lodges, B & B rooms, Holiday Caravans & tent or caravan pitches for rental. WiFi cafe, pub & restaurant on site. Ideal for walking & cycling just 100 metres from the Tissington Trail with footpaths from site leading into Dove dale. Convenient Alton Towers, Chatsworth, Matlock, Carsington Water, National Tram Museum etc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with PitchUp so you can book your Rivendale Caravan & Leisure Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rivendale Caravan & Leisure Park Hotel Alsop En Le Dale
- Rivendale Caravan And Leisure Park
- Rivendale Caravan & Leisure Park Alsop En Le Dale, Peak District National Park