“WE LOVED IT”
Review of Bassettwood

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tissington
Bassettwood
Ranked #1 of 2 Tissington B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed at Bassettwood for 2 nights as we were going to Alton Towers for the day and loved every minute of it. Sarah and Brian were really welcoming and really looked after us. We loved the farm and being surrounded by all the animals. Our room was lovely and comfortable and at night it was really quite, so we slept really well. We had a cooked breakfasts every morning which were great and loved the fact the breakfast/tearoom room had a window that looked into the cow barn, great touch. We could come and go as we pleased and could leave our bikes safely at the farm too. We loved the fact the farm was tucked out of the way, but pubs and shops were only a short driving distance away. We took advantage of the Tissington Bike Trail and looked around Ashbourne, Chatsworth and Bakewell. We would go back to Bassettwood again because it was a really enjoyable stay

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed August 31, 2012

After a very late night,all we wanted was peace and quiet a coffee and the morning paper . So in the afternoon we thought it would be nice to find somewhere we had not been just to have a cup of tea . After looking on TripAdvisor we found "BASSETTWOOD" .it's quite a way down the lane to the farm,but don't let this deterr you ,I .promise it is worth it Arriving at the farm we were met by Sarah Allen,she took our order ,home made (warm) scone, cream, jam, and as an extra treat a big slice of Victoria sponge ,there was also a choice of tea,
I have to say the cakes were VERY GOOD,. We have had cream teas in quite a lot of hotels and restaurants locally ,and this one is up at the top. Shara really did a good job of looking after us
and we would have no hesitation in recommending BASSETTWOOD FARM

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Thank you Sarah for the most delicious piece of CAKE .I will be back for more very soon. Just what i needed and chance to sit and chat/eat cake/drink tea in beautiful surroundings .thank you. Keep on baking

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 13, 2012

My daughter and I recently enjoyed an excellent cream tea with Sarah. The scones were light as air and the clotted cream had a crust, just as it should! There was lots of tea too.The window looking into the barn was really good, enabling us to watch the cows ...and them to watch us! Sarah kindly showed us the b & b bedrooms. They are very attractive, spacious, clean and bright with roomy showers en suite.
We enjoyed tea so much I took my husband and son for a visit the following day. We felt so welcome. We were shown the goats and felt welcome to stay as long as we wished. Many thanks to Sarah and her husband. Bassettwood tearoom was recommended to me and I pass on that recommendation without any reservations.

Room Tip: If I were staying at the B & B I would have no preference regarding rooms. They both looked love...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We turned up after lunch on a bank holiday due to awful weather on the campsite a short drive away. The new owners were extremely helpful and accommodating - we have 3 children so going to any hotel/b+b is hard work. The room was very spacious, clean and comfortable - they have obviously invested money in the property.
Great nights sleep followed by a lovely breakfast. The children then helped the owners feed the lambs and baby goats - it is difficult to compete with that!
We may well return to this area again this year - if so - we will not hesitate to book a room here.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Just to add another very positive comment to the other recent reviews, I went out of my way on a cycle trip to check out the tea at Bassettwood and I wasn't disappointed. Rarely have I had such light scones; never have I had such perfect raspberry jam! It was everything a cream tea should be and, believe me, I have tried plenty in Cornwall and Devon! The new owners have put a massive amount of effort into renovating their house and the end result is fab: every little detail is just right. Sarah Allen is obviously a talented cook and, if there's any justice in this world, she deserves to do well.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 2, 2012

We called into this gorgeous little tea room on the way home today. We were warmly welcomed by the owner who chatted to us while we chose from the menu.
We had a cream tea for two and our daughter chose hot chocolate and a delightful cupcake.
After eating, we were shown the B & B guest accomodation which was tastefully decorated and looked very comfortable.
We are aware that the previous owner of this establishment had some negative comments on Trip Advisor. We suggest that if you have been tempted to try the accomodation and tea rooms before, but have been put off, please try again as you will not be disappointed!
Thank you---we will be calling in again!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Bassettwood? Share your experiences!