“Could not be better!!”
Review of Le Presbytere

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Thezan-Les-Beziers
Le Presbytere
unknown
“Could not be better!!”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Our family of two adults and four children spent one lovely evening and night in Le Presbytere and we really enjoyed it. We had dinner, together with our hosts, on the terrace on a beautiful, warm summer night, the food was fantastic, the wine delicious and the company outstanding. How Martin and Síle sit and chat to complete strangers and make them feel so welcome is a mystery to me! While there was no choice on the menu, we had outlined our preferences and there was food to fully satisfy everyone, including our fussy 11 year old. There is a feeling that everyone is more than welcome and we all felt very comfortable.
We slept soundly in our comfortable beds and then sat down to a fabulous breakfast. I have to mention that the house itself is really beautiful, at the heart of the village. I really cannot recommend this place highly enough and we certainly hope to return!

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful, with big windows, comfortable beds and old furniture.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank lisdilure

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed November 8, 2013

We've been in many regions of France, but never this far south, so when We saw an Irish TV programme featuring Martin and Sile's place, we said 'that's us1' And it was. Living in South Kilkenny, it was a perfect distance to occupy 15 days - we planned to drive, you see: big car, lots of empty space, wine... Anyway, we picked a few watering-holes on the down 9and back - I must get round to those!) and arrived on a Wednesday evening to spend 8 nights at Le Presbytere. It being Augyut, we were hot and sticky and grimy as we walked across from the church carpark, having followerd Martin's impeccable directions. Just as in all the best movies, the door swung open as we reached fro the bell, and we were wafted through to the terrace, to partake of tea: real tea: Barry's tea! Yerra what else would you want boy?!
Our room was a real gem - spacious, airy, tiled for coolness, big bed: and period furniture and built-in wood fittings sourced from the hinterland - none of which is any use if the ambience isn't there; but it is, in bucketfuls. from the wonderful breakfast, with 6 kinds of jam/marmalade, all homemade, to the stunning evening meals served up by our chef/patron, not forgetting the copious quantities of excellent local red and white wine. What a lift, at the fagend of a long day's exploring: Narbonne or Beziers or Pezenas or Montpelier, to remember Mour hosts' parting morning injunction: 'drinks on the terrace at 7.30. No second bidding needed. Seriously, if you wanted somewhere to spend a little time quietly; a little reading, a little writing, a little walking, all while being cosseted and fussed over - this is the place. Martin doesn't cook every night - he needs a break, too; but he's ready with recommendations in the vicinity, all of them excellent. Then there's the advice, maps, craic: enough. What are you waiting for? Oh, and did I mention the ridiculously reasonable rates?

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 4, 2013

My mum and myself booked the 5 day cookery course with Martin to celebrate our birthdays this September. We were looking forward to a relaxing 5 days of good food, wine and fun doing the course and exploring the area. We were not disappointed! Martin is a fantastic chef and made every gorgeous meal look easy to prepare. We quickly felt at home in Martin and Siles beautiful home and our room was really pretty and spacious with lovely views onto the village church.
So a great big thank you to you both for making our special birthday treat so enjoyable and we'll definitely be back with the whole family as threatened !! x

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank gkav73
Galway City
Reviewed September 26, 2013

When I'm reading reviews, especially 5 star reviews on T.A. I get a little nervous. If a review has nothing bad to say about a venue I worry that it's a manager or family member who's writing the review but I'm really struggling to come up with something bad about Le Presbytere. I absolutely loved it. My mum, my sister and I arrived for a three night weekend break. From the moment we arrived it was apparent we were somewhere special. The welcome was genuine and distinctly Irish with a pot of tea brewed and suggestions were offered of places to visit. The brilliant aspect of staying with Martin & Sile as opposed to some anonymous hotel is their local knowledge of the beautiful area. The rooms are lovely (mine was at the back of the house with stunning views over Thezan les Beziers rooftops), To be honest I thought I'd be bored as the village is very, very quiet but I quickly got into the slow pace of life. I completely chilled and spent my time visiting and exploring the area and while in the house I relaxed and read. The owners have a wide range of books for you to browse and provide towels if you fancy going down to the med for a dip. One of the best aspects is that Martin is a qualified chef so it's a real treat to sit on their terrace eating really gorgeous tasty food and drinking local wines. Dinner is more like a dinner party with the owners Martin and Sile joining you for dinner. We ate dinner with them on two evenings but be warned there are very few eating places in the village so book ahead if you want to eat out locally. On the Saturday night that we went to eat out everywhere was booked out and we had to drive to Beziers for food. Our last night was especially memorable as we really felt that we were staying in a friends house. Martin cooked duck breast in a honey, ginger and orange sauce. I can still taste it now. The food was fab, the wine flowed and we had terrific fun sitting well into the night chatting and laughing. It was a wonderful trip. I would highly recommend Le Presbytere. I will definitely be back and It's wonderful to think that you, the reader, will be able to enjoy the hospitality that will make your holiday a truly memorable experience. Book, go and enjoy.

Room Tip: My room was at the back of the house with stunning light and wonderful views.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank DavidandJoann
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We reached Martin & Sile's home at midnight after a 12 hr traffic jam/drive from Tuscany. They were so kind and welcoming, waiting up for us, helping us with parking and offering us wine, bread, cheese and craic. We were returning to Ireland after our daughter had married in Italy and had more luggage than usual which Martin helped with, showing us to a lovely spacious room with comfortable bed. When we opened the window next morning our room overlooked the church square - simply beautiful. We were there for 4 nights exploring the area and were given much, much needed help over breakfast, maps, tips etc - which was fantastic. We took the recipe for the granola and have today finally purchased apricots to poach - they were a treat too and will feature on our breakfast menu here in Belfast. Thank you for the lovely food, breakfasts and dinner, local wine and your company, we enjoyed ourselves immensely and will be back next time we are driving to Italy.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 123maria34
Tullamore, Ireland
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night on way to Spain from Cherbourg. Great food and company. Lovely room and location. Great value. Very relaxing after a long drive. Will definitely use La Presbytere again next year for our stopover. Many thanks to Sile and Martin. What more could one want?

• Stayed July 2013
Belfast
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Stayed with Martin and Sile for 4 nights. Hospitality was fantastic, felt really at home. We ate with them on 2 occasions, brilliant meal, great Craic. They even took us along to the grande ball in the village on the 13 th July.
Lovely people, WE WILL BE BACK!!

Room Tip: Sorry about fitness suite and pool obviously there isn't one but can't remove star rating
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tsturgess
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thezan-Les-Beziers
Hotel Le Monestie
#1 of 32 in Beziers
Hotel Imperator
Hotel Imperator
#4 of 32 in Beziers

Been to Le Presbytere? Share your experiences!