“Clean, comfortable, hospitable, accommodating - great value.”
Review of Yellow House Farm

Yellow House Farm
and 1 more site!
Yellow House Farm
Reviewed January 7, 2013

What a lovely, warm, cosy night my partner and I spent here! Comfortable, clean, spacious and with every attention to detail being considered. Excellent value in a beautiful country house - we could not have wished for more.......but then we had breakfast.............mmmmmm!!! Gorgeous - fresh produce, superbly cooked and plenty of it! We would definitely recommend Yellow House!!! Thank you, Avril.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Suzanne A
There are newer reviews for Yellow House Farm

Reviewed December 14, 2012

We stayed at Yellow house as we were overnight on our way up to Kielder to see Santa! We had stopped at Hexham for the Christmas market on our way up which is not too far away if you are looking for a nice town to visit

Yellow house was clearly signed and easy to find and we got a phone call in the morning to check our time of arrival etc which was appreciated. A nice warm welcome when we arrived and a spotless room, plenty big enough for us and our 4yr old daughter. We had a nice meal in the pub up the road and a very good nights sleep.
The highlight was definitely breakfast which was plentiful, beautifully cooked and set us up a treat for the next day. (Our daughter enjoyed the chocolate gift as well, many thanks)

I would definitely recommend

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Harv67
Reviewed December 5, 2012

A warm welcome on a chilly afternoon and the room soon warmed up too! Thankfully there was a good quilt on the bed as this was a very cold night. Nice wee touches - choccy biscuit, free wifi, shampoo and shower soap(no longer provided at the Travelodge!) A good quality tv kept me entertained (I'm so fed up with rubbish sets with 2 channels if you're lucky) as I was travelling alone and didn't want to venture out. No problem with an early breakfast when requested - the breakfast was excellent and cooked to order. A quiet night and a good night's sleep. I'd happily stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 29, 2012

We stayed for a M&S weekend break and arrived in the evening. There appeared to be nobody around at first but then Avril appeared and explained that she had been doing a couple of jobs with the farm animals. We were shown to our room, which was spacious and comfortable and it soon warmed up.

Avril told us where the places to eat out were and then left us to our own devices but said we could go into the family part of the house if we needed to ask about anything. This was perfect as we don't like to be fussed over.

The breakfast was very good and the surrounding area has much to see, we had coffee in the Last Cafe in England, drove to Jedburgh to see Mary Queen of Scots house, drove through Keilder Forest (very interesting in a sports car) and had a nice weekend.

The local pub is very good too.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We had a warm welcome from Avril who showed us to our room which was spacious and clean with a large modern bathroom. The lounge was great for relaxing in and there was some great books to read whilst looking out at the lovely views.
Breakfast was cooked to order and you could have as much as you wanted, all guests sat round one big table which was great, we met some really interesting people.
Good location for Scottish borders, Northumberland,Hexam,Newcastle and Durham.

Room Tip: Ask for the suite if available.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Me, my partner and my mum (90) and I stayed here for two nights and found the place warm, welcoming and nothing too much trouble. Lovely double and single rooms. Lovely fresh eggs from the chickens on the farm for breakfast. We were there for a wedding in a local village and this place was a great find and after hearing about the dodgy hotel my cousins stayed in in Hexham was glad I picked this place.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Yellow House Farm is ideal as a base for a touring holiday of the National Park and is 5 mins walk from the local Pub where they serve good food and beer at reasonable prices. ( A 10% discount if you are a guest at Yellow House.

My room was large, decorated, and furnished to a good standard with a very comfortable bed. The shower room was clean and in good order. To top it off the view from the window was great. Breakfast was plentiful with a fair choice and cooked to order. I was made to feel welcome from the onset and enjoyed the short time I was there.

With guest Houses of this standard I can’t see why anyone would bother with a soulless hotel. They were even happy to help with oil for my bike, which was starting to squeak a bit due to the heavy rain on previous days. Try asking for that at a Premier Inn!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
#6 of 6 in Otterburn
Bay Horse Inn
Bay Horse Inn
#2 of 3 in West Woodburn

Been to Yellow House Farm? Share your experiences!