“A lovely weekend break”

Brandy Bank Guest House
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“A lovely weekend break”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We didn't need to travel far from home to feel like we had got away from it all. This is a charming B&B though I agree it is more like a hotel We stayed for 3 nights and had evening meal each night all freshly cooked and served by our hosts. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. We spent each day hiking in the area ,up to Kielder forest and on a local walk from the Brandy Bank. We were greeted warmly whenever we arrived and really appreciated the fresh fruit for breakfast.
A very enjoyable break which we finished with a trip to Jedburgh before we returned home
Highly recommended for the situation and hosts and of course the good food.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank saffron658

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Was at the guest house for a wedding, the owners couldn't help enough and nothing was a problem. The rooms are great and the food was fantasic. To top it off the location is great, well worth a visit!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Sstempczyk
Darlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Just the best place to stay, nothing is too much trouble. Rooms brilliant, food is just superb, home baked bread, homegrown vegetables & organic meat.
Michael my host met me in the car park & after showing me to my room & letting me get settled, made a pot of tea for me in the sitting room, more like 5 star hotel than a B & B!

• Stayed September 2012
Seattle
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We travelled with our kids (16 and 21) to Brandy Bank in August and absolutely loved meeting Michael and staying the night! Michael is a wonderful host, so welcoming as he helped us with our luggage and made us tea after our long drive. Brandy Bank is a charming place in beautiful countryside, our rooms were so comfortable and the bathrooms clean and modern. Michael is a FANTASTIC chef - we're still talking about the meal we had that night! Homemade salmon pasta, beef Burgundy, and a delicious chocolate cake with a melted center. Yum! Breakfast was equally fabulous - fruit, yogurt, cereals and a full English cooked to order with locally sourced ingredients.

Brandy Bank was the first place we stayed on our trip and became the gold standard for every other B&B. Michael's suggestion of a walk down a nearby lane to an artisan's shop (wonderful items made of slate) and his directions to our next activity were helpful and welcome.

Thank you Michael for a wonderful experience at Brandy Bank. We loved your kind hospitality and hope to return someday to see you again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 13, 2012

So many good things have been written about the Brandy Bank, that I don't see the point in repeating them. All the good stuff that other guests have said are absolutely true!!!

Michael is the perfect host and puts his personal touch on everything. I was travelling from Scotland on a motorcycle and as it was getting ready to rain, I happened to be close to the Brandy Bank and managed to get in there before the skies opened up. Mike made me tea and made me feel more welcome than anywhere else I have stayed.

The food was very, very nice. The steak was one of the best I have ever had anywhere. Breakfast was equally grand - a fine selection of fruits and cereals etc and an english breakfast cooked to perfection.

I will certainly go out of my way to enjoy the hospitality of Brandy Bank Mike, if I'm ever in the area again, and I have no doubts that you will find it worth you while as well....

Room Tip: I was in room no. 2 only, so can't comment on the others. The room was spotlessly clean, very m...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
London lady
Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

Loved our overnight stay. We were touring Alnwick, Hadrian's Wall, etc. Michael, the owner was so helpful in every way. Fab evening meal. Excellent breakfast. Quiet, and comfortable room with very modern bathroom. Good choice for exploring the Northumbrian area.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Michael, the owner, was very friendly and helpful. He offered up a tasty menu, all made freshly on the day. The room was very clean and comfortable. The countryside is stunning. We went to the local pub and they had a sheep shearing competition going on. It was great. The lounge was made available for us and tea brought to us after our night out. The wine was stunning, the best white wine I have had for a long time. I had steak and my husband had sea bass and both were beautifully cooked but the best was the freshly made salmon pasta.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
#1 of 5 in Bellingham
Yellow House Farm
Yellow House Farm
#3 of 3 in West Woodburn

Been to Brandy Bank Guest House? Share your experiences!