Tripadvisor

DesignMyNight
Cuisines: European, British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located on the River Thames, The Swan is a delightful riverside pub dating back to 1770 when it first opened.The Swan has always been a busy pub during the summer months. However, having just reopened after a near 3 month refurbishment, The Swan is now the place to be all year round. The transformation is incredible. The Swan today offers an unmatchable dining experience without losing its pub theme. With amazing views amongst a beautiful garden, stunning interior and delicious food made from the freshest ingredients (not forgetting it's unique Burger Shack) The Swan really is somewhere worth visiting.
Reviewed January 21, 2020

We came in on Sunday for birthday celebrations for my mother in law. I can not fault from start to finish. My daughter and I came in early to set up and although it was busy basia and Vincent had time to help set up the table for the celebrations that were to take place. As the rest of the party got here dan came over to take our drinks order and was lovely and very professional, his service was amazing. We had bread to start and roast dinners all around. The roasts were huge, with amazing flavour and quality, the cauli cheese was a must have!! My nieces had kids pasta and it was an Great size and they loved it. Our glasses were never empty and our drinks kept being poured - Thanks Jessie!! We cheekily brought it 2 cakes for my mother in laws birthday which was not a problem, they even platted our cakes up and brought it out with candles lit, along with plates and forks. I can’t fault the service, the staff always go the extra mile to make sure you are looked after and having a wonderful time. The food was amazing, service was fantastic and the time spent with my family was great. A big thank you to the swan team, Vincent, Basia, Jessie, Dan, Jess and all the others that helped look after us.... and the chefs!!!!
Dawny

Date of visit: January 2020
TheSwanWalton, General Manager at The Swan, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello dawny4b,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some lovely feedback on your recent experience. I am delighted to hear you had such a great time with us and that the staff looked after you from start to finish. I will pass on your kind words to the kitchen team, I am sure they will be so happy to hear you liked everything. We can't wait to see you again.

Jessie, Management Team

Write a reviewReviews (507)

Reviewed January 15, 2020

We went to the swan the table was ready for the service was excellent as we did not have to wait too long for the food and drinks

Date of visit: January 2020
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
TheSwanWalton, General Manager at The Swan, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2020

Hello William D,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some lovely feedback. We can't wait to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 13, 2020

The food was good but the service not so. We felt constantly pressured to finish our food. Stafff were trying to clear plates before the meals were finished and told us we wanted the bill. When we arrived it appeared that they didn’t have a table ready for us even though we had booked. Service seemed abrasive!

Date of visit: January 2020
TheSwanWalton, Owner at The Swan, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2020

Hello Nicolettes,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback on your recent experience, we appreciate this whether it be positive or negative. It is upsetting to hear you felt rushed by the team on the day of your visit, we would love to know some more information regarding this matter to tackle the issue directly. Please give us a call on 01932 225 964 to discuss this further.

Reviewed January 2, 2020

As a regular at The Swan we decided to come here for New Year's Eve and we didn't regret it! We were a table of 6 with 2 veg, 1 meat and 1 fish platter which was more than enough. The portions were generous and the food as lovely! Excellent table service from Agatha, and of course all the other girls and guys working hard through out the night. With a DJ it was a great way to ring in the new year!

Date of visit: December 2019
TheSwanWalton, Manager at The Swan, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2020

Hello Alice S,

Thank you for taking time to leave us feedback from your NYE celebrations. I am delighted to hear your overall experience with us was amazing and will pass on your comments to Agatha. We would love to know the other girls who helped make your NYE great so I can pass on your feedback to them too.
We can't wait to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 2, 2020

A lively, memorable night -
We received our pre-ordered platters promptly, each were delicious and catered to the all the groups tastes; including allergies (veggie,farmhouse,pudding)!
We all enjoyed a relaxed, stress free evening, all thanks to the staff and their hard work!
As the evening progressed the DJ engaged everyone and had all types of parties up dancing!
The pub was beautifully decorated, with balloons, confetti poppers, lights and even a photo opportunity area- this really added to our celebration experience.
The food, staff, and atmosphere were great and I just cannot fault - highly recommend to anyone looking to celebrate NYE next year or any occasion with a large group!
Very impressed, I’m sure we will be back :)

Date of visit: December 2019

Hi CMG177,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such helpful, positive feedback! I am so overwhelmed with your amazing comments. I will pass on your praises to the team, they will be over the moon to hear they were apart of making your NYE.