“Good Honest Cooking”
Review of The Dining Room - CLOSED

The Dining Room
Cuisines: British, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
London, United Kingdom
“Good Honest Cooking”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

we have now been quite a few times spread over a number of years and it never disappoints
it is very much the type of cooking your Mother used to make!! we had the venison which was stupendous and I had the lamb Pie which was excellent. The restaurant is based in a converted house which gives a few tables in each section so you never get a lot of noise which so many of the new open plan restaurants suffer from ( you can tell I have one foot in the grave)
The staff are always friendly and helpful

• Visited October 2013

london
“Quirky place with quality food”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Came here in a group of 8 people during the middle of the week for dinner. The restaurant wasn't particularly busy but the staff were very attentive without crowding us. The range of choice was very good, if I was going to be picky I would suggest they are trying slightly too hard to be up market. Starters were generally very good and of a decent size. For mains I chose the pulled pork burger which was extremely good and of a decent size. I have little bad to say about this restaurant and would suggest it is worth a visit if the prices suit.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank si101London
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a let down!!!!!”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We came here under recommendation and were very disappointed with the food. The crab fritter starter & scallops were rediculously small portions, verging on embarassing! The steak main was nice but again not very substantial. We had to order veg to accompany everything & at £3 per portion expected more than a coffe cup of veg; you couldn't really "share" it! Lovely ambience though!! Would not come here again.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank CarlaPH
“Disappointed”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Recently moved to Walton and a friend highly recommended The Dining Room. Another friend and I went for lunch and we we rather disappointed. The service was quite slow which was difficult as the restaurant was not at all full. My friend had the lamb speciality dish which he said was OK but a small portion especially considering the price. I had steak pudding which again was OK but nothing special. The vegetables were on the raw side of al dente. Probably won't take my wife there.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Richard F
London, United Kingdom
“Very enjoyable evening”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My little sister, Louise, treated Kiki and I to a wonderful dinner at this very special, cosy, little restaurant, which I learnt is 30 years old.

First we had a pre-drink in the garden of the pub next door. We were greeted warmly when we arrived at the restaurant and shown to a nice window table.

The place has an interesting, intimate and slightly funky atmosphere. The food is tasty and quite different. Service was friendly and attentive.

We will certainly re-visit, perhaps for Sunday lunch based on the recent reviewer's recommendation.

• Visited August 2013