“Always have an outstanding meal here”
Review of La Terraza

La Terraza
Reserve with OpenTable
La Terraza is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: La Terraza is a modern, stylish Spanish Tapas bar and restaurant offering tasty authentic tapas and a delicious choice of meals from our a la carte menu. We have an extensive selection of Spanish wines and liqueurs including our lethal specialty, home-made Poncha.We look forward to welcoming you at La Terraza soon.
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We visited la terrazza last night, this is our default restaurant for birthdays, anniversaries etc. we always have the same thing, t bone steak for hubby and fillet steak with prawns, pâté and mash served with their delicious garlic pots and fresh veg for me. The steaks are the biggest we have ever had and the most delicious. My fillet steak was melt in the mouth and full of flavour, I am at a loss as to why people have given this place bad reviews?? The service is excellent and I truly can't fault the place.

jor20, Guest Relations Manager at La Terraza, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to pass on your feedback.

We are genuinely delighted that you had such a wonderful evening and also that you choose to celebrate so many special occasions with us.

We work very hard to ensure the quality of our service and product is second to none and I will be sure to pass on your compliments to chef.

Kindest Regards,

La Terraza

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I have eaten here a few times and always loved the food however my last visit was shocking. The quality of the meat used was really gritty, the waiter was rude and tried to rush us through our food. In fairness they had a Christening on just before we arrived so they had had a busy day however both my boyfriend and i couldn’t wait to leave. We will not be going back again.

3  Thank ML0u4
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Went to La Terraza yesterday, and I had a really good time. I really loved the food I've been to many many restaurant serving tapas being spanish and all but i feel the food here had the real sense of spanish, the food had sense of happiness and flirtness at the same time. Service was average.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

w ate here on 1st december ,it was very cold out and when we arrived we were greeted warmly and given a choice of tablesto sit at,we ordered four tapas for starters,mussels,whitebait,two patatas with chorizo and red wine.these came and were tasty.two of the four of us had the lemon sole with a sauce and vegetables.i had the chopped sirloin in a red wine and garlic sauce with fries the other person had paella valencia.my dish was ok the sauce needed to be cooked for longer as it was still a bit harsh in flavour.the paella was alright as was the fish . the bill came and there was a service charge it was not obvious on the menu .would i go again ,probably not .good value not really,bill for four [4 beers,4 starters,4 mains] 110 pounds.the food was ok but wasnt great it didnt wow me.have eaten better spanish before.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Due to circumstances I had not been able to visit one of my favourite, and homely, restaurant environments for while. Going into La Terraza again was if I had never been away - the usual happy welcome came as an extremely nice surprise.
This is a spot where one can sit at the bar, read the newspaper whilst enjoying the very best coffee in Elmbridge, and sampling a dish from the large selection of Tapas.
Equally when coming from the train on a warm summer's day what better to stop a while and have a glass of Estrella with a plate of olives marinated in one of Antonio's special recipes whilst chatting with the various regulars that pop in and out.
This family run speciality restaurant continues to provide a good service for local custom and those visiting from further away.
I have connections in Spain and recently a friend came over to visit. She was insistent on spending an evening in La Terraza - her favourite place to eat in the area.
The food we had, after the Saturday night Barcelona football match, watched in the bar, was quite superb. The servings were plentiful and with ingredients that were obviously fresh. My friend as usual was immensely impressed...... She is returning in January - the table is booked!
Something to mention is the quality of the Wine List, which, for a restaurant away from central London, is quite exceptional.
Of course in these financially difficult times prices are bound to rise, but I believe that Antonio is keeping the menu costs at a reasonable level.
Still my favourite place to be and the word I use is "consistent", and that applies to the food, the ambience and the experience to be enjoyed.
Well done to La Terraza !