“Place is a joke” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Ashley Park Ember Inn Restaurant

The Ashley Park Ember Inn Restaurant
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Surbiton, United Kingdom
“Place is a joke”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

Went here for a meal here and ordered chicken from the menu. When the Chicken came out it was Chicken thigh, even though the menu clearly said it was breast. I raised this with the waitress, who cool as a cucumber said "that is chicken breast".... Well unless they had gone all Heston on me and taken a chicken breast, coloured it brown and wrapped it around an old chicken bone then there was no way this was a chicken breast. I asked to see the manager and 5 minutes later met a rather nervous young lad..... I asked if he was the manager and he said he was the supervisor as the manager was not working today..... He advised that the meal comes like that from the supplier so it's not their fault and would like another one? Will it be a breast this time I asked..no, they are all the same he said........ then why would I want another dish the same as the one I am complaining about!!!!! Anyway, long story short.... we didn't get anywhere and we ended up going to another pub...

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
West Molesey, United Kingdom
“The Ashley Park, Walton on Thames”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

Avoid!!!
My family visited here for Sunday lunch in February. We waited over an hour for our food - feeling unable to complain as we had already witnessed the manager shouting at en elderly customer - when our food arrived my chicken was cold. Not even warm! I could not eat this so told the manager who took my plate away and microwaved my lunch, I know this because the piece I had tasted was missing from the chicken. My partners fishcakes were soggy and my daughters vegetarian meal was cold. The waiter and waitress were clearly fed up with having to listen to customers complaints, and I dont blame them, whilst the manager tried to make himself scarce!!! I wrote to head office who asked my for my phone no. so the manager could speak to me. I told them I did not feel able to talk to the manager and was informed that in that case the area manager would call me. 1 month later, having heard nothing, I called head office and the area manager called me the next day. I missed his call but have since left him 2 answerphone messages and have still heard nothing!!!!

Visited February 2013
London, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Average Pub Grub”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

The surrounds are nice but the food is comparable to that of The Regent (Weatherspoons). There menu is large so you can always find something you'll but it would be hard to say the quality is anything above average.

I was particularly disappointed with the "cheese board" which was a cheddar and a piece of brie, a couple of grapes and crackers. You'd at least expect one blue.

Visited October 2012
London, UK
“Consistent and service with a smile”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

We eat here a least once a month and why we keep returning is that the quality of food v price is pretty good and rarely have we had a duff meal.

The main menu is well balanced and specials on offer every day. They also have set lunch/evening menu.

If you want value then check out their specials night (Wed order any fish dish and get bottle of wine half price, Thurs same deal with steak). Check out their web site for other offers.

Wide selection of real ales which you can try before you buy and staff are all friendly.

Guess the only downside will be that there is limited outdoor seating if and when the sun comes out!

• Visited April 2013
Weybridge, United Kingdom
“Good place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

Nice drinking hole to chat to mates and have a good quality meal at a decent price.

I found the staff friendly and chatty whilst I was waiting for friends. The service was prompt and friendly.

• Visited April 2013