“Bonfire Night 5th November 2013”
Review of The Weir Hotel

The Weir Hotel
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Just to say Thank You! to the Weir hotel for putting on the most fantastic Bonfire Night! An amazing crowd enjoyed the most magnificient display of Fireworks, Bonfire, Hog roast and the place was packed. We have been enjoying this generous hospitality for years now - always wonderful! Thank you! Lolo and Mats

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I was lucky enough to stay at the Weir hotel for a few weeks whilst working in the local area, the rooms are clean & cosy, if you get a room on the front you can sit & watch the world go by from the balcony.
The staff were ever so friendly & welcoming paying attention to everyones needs.
The food was probably the best I have eaten in any pub, I managed to eat almost every dish on the menu in order to find the best dish but because everthing was that good I couldn't make my mind up which means im gonna have to go back & try again, I think the Lamb shank is going to be at the top of my list tho, the meat was so tender & the gravy was heavenly. I had read reviews about the sausages at breakfast, so forcing myself to eat yet another meal I headed down for brekkie, the lady that makes the breakfast is good for a chat I hope her little doggie gets better soon. I will be returning to the weir in the not so distant future as I have to return them their book I borrowed.
See you soon

Room Tip: Room 1 has a HUGE bath if ya like baths.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tim H
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Visited The Weir today for lunch. Bar staff were really friendly & helpful. We sat in the garden while we waited for our food. The wait was quite a while, and sadly the heavens opened. However a friendly face at the door asked us if we'd prefer to sit inside to eat, rather than huddling under an umbrella. He found us a nice table & delivered our food. Lunch was absolutely delish! Not over priced, and on hot plates too. Will definitely be back again for more :)

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I have stayed at The Weir many times now on business. The location, the staff and the food are wonderful!
I don't recognise the place from the couple of negative reviews but some people like a moan!

I hope to be back soon!

Room Tip: Get a balcony room and watch the world go by on the river!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We had been out for the day in Windsor and on the way home decided to stop by the Weir where we have been many times before. We were not disappointed and had a relaxing drink by the river. After a walk we returned and had a delicious evening meal. staff helpful and polite.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 22, 2013

My friends and I had started using this pub as a regular spot for an evening drink on a Monday after swimming.
Last Monday we were enjoying a drink and snacks, the room was warm and stuffy so we opened a patio door for some air.
After a while a man came outnofnthe kitchen and closed the door and walked off!!!
This man later turned out to be the manager and when we reopened the door we were told 'he could shut the door as it was his pub and he paid the bills!!!!!'
He then continued to be rude and had to be calmed down by his partner.
Not a place we are in a hurry to return too.
However the rest of the staff have always been pleasant and helpful and I would rate them highly.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Anon504207
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Great location, which serves the best Sunday roast you can get in any pub. A place you must try. The Sunday roast is slightly more expensive than you would pay in some other pubs. However, well worth the money as the food is fresh and very tasty. It's best visited on a sunny day, so you can sit outside and enjoy the view.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Walton-On-Thames
The Warren Lodge Hotel
#1 of 2 in Walton-On-Thames
The Flower Pot
The Flower Pot
#1 of 2 in Sunbury

Been to The Weir Hotel? Share your experiences!