Inverness Beach Village
Aberdeen Motel(Whycocomagh)(Great Value!)
$55
$78
Hotels.com
Telegraph House Hotel(Baddeck)(Great Value!)
$90
Duck Cove Inn(Margaree Harbour)
TripAdvisor
Silver Dart Lodge(Baddeck)
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
Albert's Motel(Cheticamp)
All reviewsthe cottagesgolf coursesea glasscape bretondeck overlooking the oceandirect accesscabot linksamazing locationsmall kitchenettecabot cliffsgreat spotno air conditioningstayed longerstayed here for one nightshort drivebbqlinens
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Stayed here with a family of four. The beach is lovely but the cabins were awful. Ancient bunk beds that weren't safe - our 3 year old managed to roll between the rungs of the ladder in her sleep and get stuck. The "2 bedroom" is actually a single room separated by a half wall from each other and curtains from the kitchen. Actually calling it a kitchen is a stretch. A hot plate and a bar fridge do not a kitchen make. Can make do for a night but not for an extended stay especially with a young family. We were so disappointed we cancelled the rest of our reservation and left after the first night - we stayed barely 15 hours.

• Stayed: August 2011
7  Thank b37lah
Reviewed November 11, 2010

Came here for a week in August with my husband and son, had a wonderful time. We love the beach, and being so close to the ocean at this "beach village" was a bonus. There were amazing sunsets, warm water and soft sand. The chalets were cramped and a little outdated, (very old and squeaky bunk beds, old decor) but clean and overall a pretty good deal. We went to some of the local restaurants to eat a few times at any rate, so cooking in the small kitchenette (2 burner- very small bar fridge)wasn't an issue. No BBQ provided tho. Would go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Ephedra7
Reviewed October 30, 2010

Beautiful weather this summer in Nova Scotia drew us back to the Beach Village. The water was perfect, the sunsets still amazing, the peace and quiet just what we needed. Took some photos which I'll download. (Tried it once and lost the review. If this shows up twice, my apologies.)

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2010

When I booked my trip to Cape Breton ,I ended up taking a cabin for one night only to accomodate a family of four. How I wish we had stayed longer!Wwe ended up in cabin #35 which is the second row from the ocean, with a spectacular view off of the deck facing the ocean. There are two more rows of cabins up the hillside a short walk to the beach. I was thrilled with our location as I thought we would be in these higher cabins.
The beach is a short stroll no matter where you are located in the village, and the beach is absolutely spectacular. I was not prepared for the beautiful scenery that is waiting just over the sand dune pathway. The beach stretches 3 miles with a backdrop of the low mountains and rolling hills. A creek runs from the hills near the cabins and cuts through the beach. This was a very popular play area for young children. I walked the entire beach one morning and counted no more than 10 people. It gets only slightly busier during the day, as the tourists from the cabins go down to the beach. There didn't seem to be anyone else around. The sunset here is not to be missed, probably one of the most beautiful I have seen ever.
The cabins themselves are very compact, consisting of bunk beds and a double bed separated by a 1/2 wall, a living room with a fold out couch, a small bathroom with a shower, and a very tiny compact kitchen with 1/2 fridge and stove. This served our purpose nicely as we only stayed the night, but simple meals could be prepared and there is take out and restaurants a very short drive away.
The cabin itself was very clean and well maintained. Overall I was very pleased and would highly recommend this place to friends. On my next trip I would stay longer.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank mayantraveler
Reviewed July 12, 2009

My husband and I have just returned from a week with another couple at the Inverness Beach Village. This is at least our tenth year of staying here, and you don't return to a place that many times unless you really love a place. This year, we stayed in two cottages close to the beach, where we could watch the waves, people lying on the beach, children playing, the whales going down the coast in the evening, an occasional eagle flying by our cottage -- the kind of excitement we like. We also enjoyed the celtic musicians playing banjo and fiddle in the early evening, families around camp fires, a family birthday party for a 70 year old man in the cottage behind us, and many other interactions.
The cottages are very clean, the queen size bed comfortable and firm, living room area simple but nicely appointed. A modest kitchen area we have found adequate for all our cooking needs -- we're not there to cook all the time. We did steam locally caught crab legs for supper one evening, Went well with the butter and the white wine. Each cottage has a large deck, with dining table and deck chairs, that gives you a view of the ocean
This is a truly beautiful location. You can walk on the beach for an hour and encounter maybe two dozen other people, during the rush hour on the beach. We love the swimming there. The ocean is warm and accommodating in the summer, a bit colder and more waves in the shoulder seasons. We love it all.
We have found the people who work there to be extremely accommodating. It's true that they have to ask folks to quiet down by 11 pm, but I find that they have amazing patience in how they handle this. We go for peace, quiet, and soaking up some of the most beautiful sights imaginable. We appreciate that the owners -- a local family with deep roots here -- try to make this a place that is good for lots of different guests. We've been there with children, partied a bit, and also like the silence that is possible to find.
A rare jewel of a place.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends