“Great golf trip”

Ranked #2 of 10 things to do in Inverness
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Played four rounds and loved it.This is a true "Links"course.The course still needs some growing in but will be five stars in a year or two.They plan to open a second course in Spring of 2015.

There are newer reviews for Cabot Links Golf Course

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We played just after the course opened so the greens were playing like putting on the fairway. Scenery is beautiful along the coast and harbor. There is no driving range. In the absence of a caddy, a course book would be helpful because many shots are blind. Very similar to playing in Ireland.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

After hearing about the development of this course in late 2011, Cabot Links was on the top of my list of must plays in 2012. I planned a trip to Cape Breton in August 2012 which culminated in a trip to Inverness.

When we arrived at the course my excitement and anticipation were at a high. We went into the pro shop to pay our green fees and buy all of the Cabot Links gear my heart desired... short of the gorgeous leather Sunday Bag that was a bit out of my price range at the end of a long vacation. We warmed up a bit on the greens and then headed over to the stater. Unfortunately there wasn't a range to warm up on, but I'm sure that will come in time. The starter introduced us to our two playing partners (two gentlemen from Sydney, NS), and handed us our scorecards as well as some wooden Cabot Links ball markers (a very nice touch in my opinion). So far so good. The first hole couldn't have gone better; ending with a birdie putt and the sound of my ball hitting the classic tin cup (another welcome surprise).

The third hole is when the round started to go downhill. Our playing partners seemed to have smuggled some outside alcohol onto the course, and by the turn they were both far too intoxicated for our liking. Much to our dismay they purchased more alcohol at the halfway house and continued to be disrespectful and loud throughout the remainder of the round.

After walking off the 18th green, I headed over to the proshop to explain our experience to one of the staff members. We were pressed for time, as we had a tee time at Bethpage the following day and a long drive ahead. I quickly told the staff member about the unfortunate circumstances that lead to us having a less than enjoyable round, and she assured us that she would do everything she could to do right by us. I gave her my contact information, and she indicated that she or another member of the staff would be in touch in the coming weeks (I told her I wouldn't be home from New York for another 8 days). I have yet to hear from anyone from Cabot Links and now it's nearly 9 months later.. it seems as though my complaint was merely brushed aside as insignificant.

As far as the course goes, it was top notch, no complaints... however our round was nowhere near as enjoyable as it should have been considering the calibre of the course and the lovely weather.

This is an excellent course for golfers of all abilities. The Black tees will test even the most advanced golfer, and the Royal Blue tees make the course more than manageable for a novice golfer. The idea behind Cabot Links is a truly unique experience within Canada. I have played each of the top 15 Canadian golf courses (with the exception of Capilano), and Cabot Links is just as good as any of them. I wish I could give Cabot Links 5/5, but the poor customer service has left a sour taste in my mouth.

Don't let this deter you from going to Cabot Links, but be prepared for potential shortcomings.

As the title says. Cabot links is an outstanding course, but the service leaves something to be desired.

1  Thank Chris C
Andrew A, General Manager at Cabot Links Golf Course, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2013

Thank you for your feedback from your trip last year. While it seems that you enjoyed the course and its layout a great deal, I was disappointed to hear that your playing partners ruined the experience of it. Should you wish to return, we can certainly work with you to make sure that your experience is all that you imagined it could be.

On our front, I have followed up with all of our staff on the importance of relaying any piece of feedback, positive or negative, to our management team so we can get in touch immediately. I feel that on the whole, our staff does a great job of this as they are so very proud of what is happening here that they want everyone to have an enjoyable experience. I apologize that we fell short in your case but I do hope you give us a chance to make it up to you.

If you find yourself in the area, please call me on the main line at 902.258.4653 so I can ensure that we meet and that you are well taken care of.

I do hope to have you join us here at Cabot again and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,
Andrew Alkenbrack

Reviewed November 30, 2012

After playing all over North America, Ireland, Wales and England this course is equal to any. Yes the greens need a year but the links are amazing and the scenery spectacular on sunny days. During our 3 day we saw large pods of whales each day just off shore. Hard to focus on your swing!
Staff were OUTSTANDING. As they grow and the course matures this will become the best golf vacation spot in Canada if not North America. it is that good. This from someone who gets to go golfing in Whistler/Pemberton every year.

1  Thank mdjwales
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Very scenic course in a true links style setting. The layout is incredible with spectacular seaside views. The course has just opened and as such is a bit rough around the edges and several greens are thin. Overall at $130 it is a bit pricy for current conditions. For that price range balls (at a nearby facility) and pull carts should be included.

1  Thank Paul F