All reviews great golf cabot cliffs pro shop golf course public house golf experience bucket list the pub two courses nova scotia cape breton floor to ceiling windows north america heated floors tee times panorama restaurant pebble beach
Reviewed November 8, 2017

This is, perhaps, the most difficult travel review I have ever done. I am most afraid that I will come off as a shill or even a relative of the manager or the ownership group. That being said I think that Cabot is the finest golf resort I have ever been to....and I have been to almost all of the major golf resorts in North America and the United Kingdom.

First to the golf. Both courses, the Links and the Cliffs, are word class. I played the Links in May and the Cliffs in September. The Cliffs is the most memorable course. Many of the holes, particularly on the back nine are forever etched in my memory. To compare the course design to Pebble Beach (and many have) does not do it justice. The Cliffs feels much more like a cross between Cypress, Turnberry, and Royal Portrush. The Cliffs are certainly in my life's top five courses list.

The Cliffs is more of a traditional links course...it has some fine holes which offer great golf but lack the drama of the Cliffs course. It is more comparable to Royal Aberdeen or Portmarnock.

So, the golf is superb but the management and staff is just as good. When I visited in May the Cliffs was not open. Late in the afternoon, after our round on the Links, we were in the Pro Shop and mentioned that we would like to go to the Cliffs course and walk a few holes. The staff gave us directions (the Cliffs is about two miles from the Links) and we drove over. We came across a locked gate about a thousand yards from the course. Just as we were beginning to walk around the gate a vehicle pulled up beside us. It was the General Manager of the Cabot Resort. He unlocked the gate and offered to show us the Links course. He took an hour out of his Saturday evening and drove/walked us around most of the track. That type of service is unheard of...Thank you Andrew!

We stayed in one of the Villas. If you are a group of two couples I urge you to select a Villa. They are large, beautifully designed, and have lovely views of the Links course and the Gulf of St. Lawrence. Another special touch from the staff: our ferry to Newfoundland was delayed until the evening of our check out day. We called to ask if we could have a late check out expecting a 1PM or so time frame. Instead the manager on duty said stay as late as we pleased...so we did until around 5PM.

This entire resort exudes class, quality, and thoughtfulness. It is an expensive place but the high value offered makes the expenditure well worth it.

I will return to Cabot Links as least once per year for the rest of my life.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
6  Thank jimradio23
Andrew A, General Manager at Cabot Links Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2017

Thank you for your kind words and thoughtful review!
You are far too kind! It was a pleasure meeting you and the group and I was thrilled to spend a little time with you. We do hope you are able to make it back to Cabot often as it would be great to see you on Cape Breton soil once again!

Reviewed October 24, 2017

My boyfriend and I are very avid golfers and have been trying to get out to Cabot for the last 2 years. We finally made it happen in early October and we were not disappointed!

The golf was absolutely stunning. The Links course was pure. The greens were rolling true and at a pretty good speed. You can see the ocean from almost every hole!! It was so beautiful, we often forgot we had to hit a golf shot at times! Hole 6 was one of my favourites on Links because of the boats in the harbour, that reminded us of the East coast culture.
Holes 14-16 were also spectacular with the ocean right there! A classic links experience with great flow to the holes, and amazing vistas.

We played Cliffs days 2 and 3... after playing Links we didn't think it could get any better, but WOW Cliffs took it to another level! Each hole had its own character. The par 3 6th is one of the best par 3's I've ever played, with the architecture cut out of the dunes. Holes 15-18 is the best stretch of holes we've ever played. Pictures and words do not do it justice. The staff had warned us about the greens being slow because they were only in their second season of maturation, however after playing a few holes we found the greens to be rolling very true and not as slow as we had anticipated.

The staff including the golf shop, shuttle drivers, starters and guest services were all very friendly and helpful. The Public House had a really cool vibe, with live music and what seemed like a mixture of resort guest and locals.

The accommodations were perfect for what we needed being that we were on a golf trip. The room was spacious and had an amazing view, the sunset from our location on the 2nd floor was beautiful. The bathroom was also spacious and clean, a great bathtub, just what you need after a long day on the golf course. The golf quotes on every door were a unique and light hearted touch.

We also visited downstreet coffee which was a modern coffee house owned by Cabot. They have awesome coffee and lots of choices for breakfast and lunch. It looked like they had flights of beer too!

When my boyfriend was making the accommodations booking he had mention in passing that it would be my birthday during our stay. When we arrived at the lodge there was a bottle of wine from the GM wishing me the happiest birthday, and every time we hopped on a shuttle or popped into buy a drink someone would wish me a happy birthday! Wow did they ever make me feel special!

Cabot is a must on the golfers Bucket List. It is an absolutely magical place. If you have been to Bandon you will enjoy the similarities and will love the unique differences that has made Cabot Cliffs the best in Canada.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kylainaba

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and for the kind words!
We are so glad you were able to celebrate your birthday with us, and that you enjoyed your visit.
We hope you'll be back again soon!

Reviewed October 19, 2017 via mobile

Rooms are modern and spacious.. The restaurant choices are limited but very good. The golf course(s) are absolutely second to none. This is a must stop on your golf bucket list. I have played Pebble and Spyglass and these courses are as good or better. I will recommend to all golfing buddies.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
Andrew A, General Manager at Cabot Links Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and we hope you'll be back again soon!

Reviewed October 17, 2017

Nothing else can be said, if you love golf, oceans, cliffs, scenery, seafood, and luxury... then this is the greatest place on earth.
It is the most breathtaking and jaw-dropping golf experience available and will only continue to climb to a top-20 ranking in position in the world.
Kudos to the team at Cabot, the most kind, friendly, and passionate team I've ever come across.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
2  Thank Justin B

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, and for the kind words!

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed October 10, 2017 via mobile

Cabot Links Resort is right in the middle of a very little town. Right out in the open! And behind it some kind of run down buildings. Our room was big, comfortable--especially the bathroom and clean. This is more of a golfer's destination than anything and it is fabulous and perfect for that. We didn't play golf on this trip although originally when I planned the trip, we thought my husband might. The golf course looked amazing. I'm not sure there are even other hotels in Inverness, but this is definitely nice and a bucket list golf trip destination. If you don't play there is not much else to do in the resort or in the town.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Andrew A, General Manager at Cabot Links Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience!

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and we hope you'll be back again soon.