“Great experience”
Review of Cabot Links Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Inverness
Cabot Links Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Inverness
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My son and I played Cabot on Friday evening (July 26th). As I am a big fan of golf architecture and links golf, I was in heaven. I was a member at Crowbush on PEI (an incredible course, in and of itself) for 3 years and it is amazing the contrasts between it and Cabot. As you know, one of the objectives of Crowbush was to provide a links experience, but, between the bent grass "through the green" and the frequent irrigation, it is for the most part an "in the air golf course", perhaps with the exception of numbers 10 and 15 (both great holes). But Cabot seems to have achieved the links experience by allowing shots along the ground, encouraging the golfer to use the terrain to get close to the centre of the fairway and close to the pin locations. To see fescue grass used throughout was quite enlighterning for me - and it works - as it is likely quite natural and hardy within the Gulf-side ecosystem upon which the course was built.

The staff, particularly the starter and Caddie Neil, went well beyond our expectations. Both delivered great service and shared their quite pleasant and interesting and interested personalities. I also had the opportunity to play with a "well travelled" golf course aficionado from the US who has played most of the great links courses in Scotland. He was quite appreciative of Cabot, the landscape around it, the overall beauty of the Maritimes and the people of our region.

The best part of the day for me was how excited my son was (13 and still a sometimes reluctant golfer) both during and following the round. He enjoyed and began to see the value of great golf architecture in the same way I did almost 40 years ago when I first visited Highland Links in Ingonish.

Thanks to all who have brought Cabot to reality. Its opening will not stop me from returning to play the links in Scotland someday but it will allow me to confortably delay it for a few more years. Cabot is a truly great links golf course.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Blair W
Andrew A, General Manager at Cabot Links Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Thank you for the tremendous feedback and I am happy that you enjoyed your time with us. There have been many great people involved in this project from the start and it is people like Neil and the rest of the staff that work here that make the experience here so great. I do hope that you make it over to Scotland before too long but please know that you are always welcome here at Cabot!

Thanks for making the trip.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I have never been to a true links course. Took up golf 5 years ago. My friend suggested this new course. Situated on St Lawrence Bay in northern Nova Scotia. A great experience. The hotel rooms are very modern and clean. A couple of restaurants with good food in a town that seems like this new neighbor would be welcome by some and resented by others. A little hard to reach by plane, nearest airport is 2 hours away. Worth the visit especially if you are in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for joining us at Cabot and we are happy that your first Links experience was a good one! We hope to see you again next season!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

My husband loves the sister property Bandon Dunes in the US...and wanted to try out this golf resort created by the same person. It's a great property...with 3 restaurants on site to choose from...that are all excellent. The rooms are great (wish more had a balcony!)..top notch...service all around is terrific...and most importantly...the golf course was great. It hugs the water throughout the 18 holes. Combine this with a trip around Cabot Trail...then off to PEI for a few days ...and you have a GREAT vacation. That's what we just did. Very relaxing...

Room Tip: All rooms are identical....just some have balconies...but lovely rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the feedback and I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! It was a pleasure having you here and we hope that you are able to return soon - we'll have a balcony waiting for you!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Stayed at Cabot Links in July and was very impressed with room, service and food. Definitely a little on expensive side but really a treat. Golf was good, room was very interesting and comfortable. We had dinner in dinning room with killer view and had the best scallop pasta ever.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dintylondon
Andrew A, General Manager at Cabot Links Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Thank you for your feedback and for visiting us here in Inverness! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the rooms a great deal and I would have to agree with you on Panorama - the Scallop Pasta is one of my faves!!

We hope to see you again soon and please touch base with me directly if you make it back this way.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

New hotel with all rooms on the golf course and having beautiful views of the ocean. Best food on Cape Breton, with several options from formal dining to a pub with gourmet pizzas and music. Close to a long beach. Very upscale, but very reasonably priced.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the first green, so you don't hear the foursomes talking early in the m...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for joining us at Cabot and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Panorama is the ultimate spot in which to watch the sun go down, while sampling some of the Island's best cuisine. I am also glad you were able to check out our newest offering, the Cabot Public House. We have been getting excellent reviews of the food and the local live music adds a great atmosphere that people seem to be enjoying! Although there is still work to do, we could not be more thrilled with the progress thus far.

Our hidden gem is the Inverness Beach and Boardwalk. People typically come for the food, the golf and the rooms but we encourage each guest to head to the beach as it really is one of the most beautiful places on the planet!

Glad you enjoyed!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Pleasantly surprised and delighted with the superbly appointed room overlooking the links and shore. Enjoyed absolutely stunning dinner including BEST seafood chowder in the Maritimes, linguini with Digby scallops, haddock and more. Watched sun go down from dining room overlooking spectacular view. Golf was fun, and fully accommodated less experienced golfers. All staff were friendly and more than helpful. Pricey, but worth it.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your kind words and I am glad you took the time to write! We take great pride in everything we do here at Cabot and it is feedback like this that makes it all worthwhile. I will certainly pass your feedback on to our team, especially to our Chefs, John Haines and Tracy Wallace, and their team. We hope to have you back with us before too long.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Our family just returned from a 3-night stay at Cabot. WOW, what a place... Everything was perfect (golf, service, rooms, dining). What a view & sunset from everywhere on the resort. Staff went above & beyond for a special birthday treat for our 5-year old son. What a selection in the golf shop. Hope to return someday...

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Andrew A, General Manager at Cabot Links Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Thank you for your excellent feedback! In this, our first full year of operations, we are seeing our staff hitting their stride and it certainly is an incredible time to be here. I am overjoyed that you fell in love with the place, as all of us that work here have done! We look forward to welcoming you back in 2015, if not before!

Thanks again,
Andrew

Also consider these accommodations in or near Inverness
Silver Dart Lodge
Silver Dart Lodge
#1 of 7 in Baddeck
Seascape Coastal Retreat
Point of View Suites at Louisbourg Gates
Cambridge Suites - Sydney
Hampton Inn by Hilton Sydney
Holiday Inn Sydney Waterfront

Been to Cabot Links Resort? Share your experiences!