All reviewsgreat golfcabot cliffspro shopgolf coursepublic housegolf experiencebucket listthe pubtwo coursesnova scotiacape bretonfloor to ceiling windowsnorth americaheated floorstee timespanorama restaurantpebble beach
Reviewed July 12, 2013

If you appreciate an authentic golf experience, make your plans to visit Cabot Links immediately. The whole atmosphere is like you landed in Scotland rather than Nova Scotia.

Every member of the staff works to make you feel appreciated and try to ensure you have the best golf and lodging experience. The atmosphere is very relaxed and they want you to take your time and enjoy the course. So many high end courses are impersonal and you are just a number. I had a great conversation with Joe Robinson (the director of golf), no sitting behind a desk for him.

When the 2nd course opens in 2015, this will be THE place to go!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew A, General Manager at Cabot Links Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Thank you for the lovely comments regarding your experience, especially those involving our staff. We take great pride in working here and being part of such an amazing place in Inverness. I am glad you got to spend some time with Joe - he's great at his job and as nice as they come!

We truly appreciate you making the trip and look forward to the next time. Cabot Cliffs is coming along nicely so you'll be returning before you know it!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

This is the first full year for this resort, and they have it well in hand. The golf course, food service and rooms are great. The only thing that is missing is a "club house". There are no suites so if the weather is foggy and cool, which it can be in Cape Breton there is no comfortable place to hang out with a book and fire in a club chair with a warming drink.

It is my hope that this sort of building will be added in the second stage with the second golf course which is coming soon.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for getting in touch and I appreciate the feedback on the clubhouse. We are looking at adding a number of great facilities in preparation for Cabot Cliffs and this feedback will certainly be taken into account. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We had such a great weekend at Cabot Links. I expected the course to be fantastic from what I had heard from the golfers, but the entire resort exceeded all expectations. The room was lovely, well appointed and had a balcony with stunning views. The food was delicious -- from fine dining to the on-course treats of fresh cookies from the Starter, and lobster sliders at the canteen mid course. We had a fun time in the pub with great music and local beers. The sunsets were magical. And the best of all -- the people were all so friendly and helpful. They all seem to know that they have created a beautiful resort in a special part of the country, and they are happy to share it with everyone who comes. I look forward to going back -- only 3 1/2 hours from Halifax so it is an easy weekend destination.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Andrew A, General Manager at Cabot Links Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

I am glad you came to visit! We are seeing an increase in the number of visitors from Halifax and thank you for sharing your story. Please get in touch when you are able to return as it would be fantastic to have you with us again.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Our group of eight has travelled twice to Cabot Links. The first time was when there was just ten holes and last fall we payed a full 18. Half of our crew has made the pilgrimage to Bandon Dunes on a number of occasions. I am not in that camp but my friends who have been to both say that Cabot's Course is every bit of Bandon with 1/4 the the time to get there.

Allegedly Ben Cowan Dewar ( The Course Developer ) has decided to add another course. Us East Coasters are in for a treat to be so close to such an extraordinary spot. Bravo to Ben Cowan Dewar and his passion to offer up Bandon Dunes East!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write! I thank you for your kind words and look forward to seeing you here at Cabot again soon. the 2nd course, Cabot Cliffs, is taking shape and will be an incredible addition to a great spot!

Thanks again,

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Just visited Cabot Links for the first time this past weekend, I’m still in awe.

My mother and I traveled up to Cape Breton for a little golf getaway – Cabot Links being the primary reason we chose Nova Scotia.

I’ll start with accolades for the staff. I knew the staff was going to be outstanding even before we left home. I had corresponded with Kherri to reserve the room, tee times and dinner reservations – she set the tone for which I knew would be a knowledgeable, professional, friendly staff.

From the moment we stepped on the property, every single staff member we met greeted us with a warm smile and friendly words. They couldn’t wait to talk about Cabot Links and what they loved about the course/restaurants/hotel. I wish I could name each staff member personally, from reception, to the Pro Shop, to the Pub and snack shack – each one was really wonderful and enhanced our visit. I always enjoy a location where the staff love their jobs, and they clearly did.

We arrived late in the afternoon, and on our first night we had a light dinner in Cabot Bar. Beautiful space and phenomenal view of the course. We enjoyed our wine while watching a few foursomes finish up on the 18th hole. We started off with the Caesar salad – best Caesar salad I have ever had. We ordered our dinner, and the waiter suggested we may want to try the chowder, his favorite. We’re from New England – we know good chowder – the chowder was beyond delicious – heaping full of fresh lobster, scallops, etc – was more than enough for a meal. We enjoyed dinner the 2nd night in the newly opened Public House. It was just us and a few locals watching a hockey game – great pizza and another great salad. Our server graciously answered our many, many questions on life in Inverness. We had a total of four meals at Cabot – all outstanding.

We stayed in a Deluxe Double on the 2nd floor – while we did not have a balcony, we still enjoyed breathtaking views. The beds were very comfortable and the room was clean, spacious, beautifully decorated and had every amenity needed. The décor is fresh and modern, with a hint of tradition – I loved our room.

The pro shop was filled with great merchandise, ranging from inexpensive to extravagant and everything in between. Our suitcases were a bit heavier thanks to some new Cabot Links gear. We both enjoyed talking with Ryan Hawley, the Head Pro and hope to send lots of golfers his way.

The golf: The course was amazing. While I’ve not played Bandon Dunes, to which Cabot has been compared, I have been to Ballybunion and Lahinch in Ireland and Pebble Beach. Cabot absolutely competes. In my very unimportant opinion, Pebble Beach was very "blah" compared to Cabot -- most courses will probably feel that way now though. I played 54 holes in about 26 hours – and wish I could have played more. We opted to take push carts instead of caddies and enjoyed finding our way around the course and I stopped along the way to take tons of photographs. Each hole was more breathtaking then the next. (I was thrilled to learn there will be a spa opening within the year – that would have been a plus after walking 36 holes the first day in a howling wind. ) Overall we lucked out with weather our entire visit – 60’s, a mix of sun and clouds with a sprinkle here and there. Perfect golf weather.

I shared my many photos with my golfer friends/family who have travelled all over to play the greatest courses in the world… and even by the photographs they could tell Cabot is something great.

Inverness has something really special. I feel honored to have snuck in before Cabot Links becomes much more popular, which it no doubt will.

I can not wait to go back and will absolutely visit again once Cabot Cliffs ( and the spa) are complete.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank UpstateTrav
Andrew A, General Manager at Cabot Links Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

This was a pleasure to read. Your detailed feedback will be shared with our staff and I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience here. We are trying to make this the best place to work on the planet and it is great to hear that you could sense our staff are truly proud to work here. Thank you for writing and thank you for sharing your opinion - it is far from unimportant in our books. We look forward to having you back so please get in touch when you can make it.