Booked a last minute package deal to Ruka which included 7 nights at the Ruka Village Hotel & Apartments where we enjoyed a fantastic stay.
We had a village room in the main block which was perfectly sized for the two of us and styled in typical Scandinavian simplicity. The bedroom was large compared to other ski hotels we have stayed in, had comfortable twin beds, a small sofabed, table, two additional chairs, TV and DVD player. There was a compact kitchen area, complete with fridge, hob, microwave, and all the utensils you could reasonably expect. The bathroom was of good standard with powerful shower, heated floor and a small separate sauna, a great addition to the room. Another well thought out feature was the drying cupboard, effectively a full-height cupboard circulating warm dry air, perfect for ski wear coming in from the sub-zero temperatures outside. There was a small balcony, but other than a brave 30 seconds spent out there post-sauna, we didn’t make much use of it. All-in-all we were very impressed with the standard of accommodation.
One thing to bear in mind is that although it has a staffed reception desk and in almost all respects feels like a hotel, the rooms are not cleaned daily as we had presumed from the word ‘Hotel’ in the name. On arrival, our room had a supply of towels, a spare set of bedding and enough bin-liners to get us through the week. This wasn’t a big problem for us, it removed the possibility of cleaners showing up repeatedly at inappropriate times and I have no doubt that if you wanted extra towels or bedding a quick trip to reception would solve the problem.
Ruka Village is a small, purpose built resort, and the Ruka Village Hotel & Apartments is located in the centre of town meaning nothing was more than a minutes walk away, including the chair lifts to take you up to the slopes. During our stay, the pistes were perfectly groomed and amazingly quiet, no lift queues at all, but be aware that the quietness extends to the night life which is pretty low-key.
Ruka is a great little place to spend a quiet week on the slopes and we’d thoroughly recommend a stay at the Ruka Village Hotel & Apartments.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel RukaVillage 30 m2 (2+1 beds) studios combine the best aspects of a hotel room and an apartment. The rooms have saunas and kitchens and the room price includes buffet breakfast for two. RukaVillage different apartment types (40-94 m2 to 2-8 persons) cater for different needs. Ski-Inn RukaVillage Hotel and Apartments are short walking distance away from the slopes, cross-country ski tracks and SkiBus. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Ski-Inn Hotel RukaVillage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ski-Inn Ruka Kuusamo Hotel Rukatunturi
- Ski-Inn Hotel RukaVillage Finland/Rukatunturi