“A Must For Animal Lovers”

Wildlife Friends of Thailand
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Tha Yang
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The WFFT wildlife rescue center is a rescue center for injured, confiscated and neglected wild animals. The wildlife rescue center operates a fully equipped wildlife hospital. We care for monkeys, gibbons, wild cats, bears, birds, reptiles and even elephants.
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Absolutely beautiful location with some fantastic work being carried out. An animal rescue centre that doesn't exploit their animals. They also have a release programme where they observe the animals over a period of different stages as they distance them from human contact and work towards releasing them back into the wild which they have had have success with. Aside from all the great reasons why this is a better choice over many of the poorly conditioned zoos in Thailand, this is a place for lots of fun! It doesn't have a normal admissions procedure like the usual attractions, instead you simply book yourself onto a "full day experience". This is what myself and my partner did when we were staying in Hua Hin. A luxurious mini bus (they weren't lying) collected us from our hotel in the morning and then picked up another couple of tourists. The drive to WFFT was lovely, going through some beautiful countryside. A video all about the wildlife centre played the entire way in the bus and another on our return. We had a lovely guide for the entire day who showed us all the animals and was full of information about each one including their histories and even their personalities. A delicious Thai lunch buffet was set out for us and all the volunteers. There was a great selection of dishes hot food. My favorite part of the day came after lunch when we were allowed to take an elephant for a fairly lengthy walk. Everyone got a chance to feed the elephant along the walk to entice her to along. Then we got shoeless and muddy to give the elephant a good scrub and a wash down which was lots of fun. We had an absolutely awesome day. Our guide was super lovely and never once rushed us when we were more interested in a particular area or animal. Probably the best day I had while in Thailand. It even drove me to write this review, my first one on tripadvisor. I only wish more people knew about it and would go to see it.

3  Thank macno85

Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

This is my first ever trip advisor review so it is an indication of the amazing day we had at Wildlife Friends Foundation Thailand. Our volunteer guide Sian was awesome and passionate about the work done at WFFT. Every visitor to Thailand should go to WFFT. Thanks for the amazing day.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

I went to the wfft for 4 weeks and it was the best month of my life so far and I would of stayed if I was able to! I was able to see both sides of the centre, the wildlife and the elephants, and they was both amazing! The animals that I was able to work with were amazing and even though there is a hands off policy you still connect with some of the animals. Also, the other volunteers that were there was also fantastic and very welcoming as soon as I walked through the gate, I met some amazing people from all over the world which I will stay in contact with. The workers at the centre, both English and Thai were amazing to work with and helped us with anything if we had a question, I would like to thank them all for an amazing experience! I am planning on returning to the wfft next year and hopefully spend a while longer there, I would recommend this place to anyone, even though it's not a holiday and can be hard work at times, it's the best place I've ever been and I will never forgot my experience.

2  Thank Amanda B
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Walking the elephant for a walk was something I'll never forget! Spend the best day on a full day trip. The atmosphere was amazing! Passionate people and happy animals, great project!

Reviewed December 2, 2013

I went to this site for over 2 months for my gapyear and it was FANTASTIC! best time of my 18 year life! the people there are kind and fantastic, all different ages and countries! and it was actual work, which is fantastic just bare in mind, it is work volunteering, not a holiday, but the kind people, lovely place and beautiful animals easily make up for the hard work! if you are considering going to work with animals go HERE!! it was amazing and I already want to go back :D! If you can, I would recommend going for 2 weeks or more to actually get a richer and fuller experience of it. Bare in mind also that except for the elephants its a hands off policy. I cannot emphasize enough the amazing time I had here!!

1  Thank Phil B