Three of us stayed in the Falkirk Larbert Premier Inn for 3 nights. The hotel was a little tired but spotlessly clean and the staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough for you. But this is badly let down by the 'Outside Inn' pub used for breakfast and meals. I knew this was going to be a problem when I was kept waiting for 10 minutes at the bar the first night. I was one of only two customers and there were four staff intent on doing anything but serve people. But the big problem came when we went for the 'Premier Breakfast' at over £25 for the three of us. There was only instant coffee, concentrated orange juice, no earl grey tea, no toast (toasters not working) no croissants or any other bakery products because 'it was the day after the weekend?' I have news for them...there is one of these every week!
The cooked element of the breakfast was awful. At 8.00am there was almost nothing out, one congealed egg with the smallest yoke I have ever seen, the 'meaty and succulent' sausage from the menu was mostly cereal. mushrooms out of a tin or frozen. I emptied just about every plate to scrape a modest breakfast together. As I turned to walk away the kitchen door opened an a lady replenised the buffet with 6 rashers of bacon and 5 fried eggs! Pathetic. We complained and received an apology but no refund.
The rest of our stay we breakfasted at the Torwood garden centre behind the hotel. A full breakfast, toast and filter coffee or tea for £3.95 Brill!
So a thumbs up for the hotel but avoid the Outside Inn!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated for both business and leisure guests. For business this hotel is located on Glenbervie business park. Conveniently just a 10 minute walk from Larbert train station, with great links to Glasgow and Edinburgh. Also with Connections with the East Coast and West Coast Mainline Services.There Is also an excellent bus service from the main road outside the hotel with regular bus services to Falkirk Town Centre and Stirling Our Falkirk Larbert Premier Inn has everything you'd expect, incredibly comfy beds in every room and an onsite pub restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Premier Inn so you can book your Premier Inn Falkirk (Larbert) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Falkirk (Larbert) Hotel Larbert
- Premier Inn Falkirk (Larbert) Hotel Scotland