WINNER WONDERLAND

Park Inn by Radisson Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Schiphol
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Option Near the Airport”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

I had 24 hours in Amsterdam with an early morning flight out. The shuttle service to and from the airport runs on schedule. There is an uphill walk from the shuttle stop to the entrance of the hotel. It is an easy walk, but could be problematic if you have a lot of luggage. I caught the train into the city center from the airport. For my purposes, this was great, however, I would choose a hotel in the city center for a longer stay in Amsterdam.

The rooms are small and basic, but new and very clean. The front desk staff could use a lesson in customer service. The front desk attendant was preoccupied with handling random tasks and never bothered to acknowledge the waiting guests. If not for the reliable airport shuttle and newness/cleanliness of the facility, I would have lowered my rating.

This is a great option if you need easy access to the airport. The ride is about 15 minutes.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

I could write a long poor review but Deborah O said it well just before me. I will add that not only did I have much the same experience, but the drain in the bathroom was plugged and the bathroom ended up flooding in the morning ending a sleepless night and beginning a rainy day and a call to a cab company so we didn't have to stand in the rain waiting for a shuttle. Our travel agent also booked this hotel and when I read Radisson on the itinerary, I thought I would have no worries. Definitely not the case for me.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kath0426
Aspen, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel did not meet reasonable expectations of a full service hotel, especially considering the high price. Unfortunately, a travel agent made the reservation and, if I had checked Trip Advisor first, I would have known to select a different hotel. The shuttle bus service has large blocks of time when it does not run, leaving you stranded at the airport or the hotel. Also, when it does run, the bus (which serves two hotels) was overcrowded with little room for luggage. We ended up paying for a taxi to be assured we could get to the airport in time for our flight. Be aware that the shuttle bus does not leave you at the hotel entrance. The entrance driveway is too narrow and steep for a bus, so you are dropped off on the street and have to walk up the steep driveway with your luggage. Guests are greeted by two machines for self check-in, but there were also two people at desks to help and, while they were very nice, there was only so much help two people could provide to all the guests wanting to register. There were no porters to help with luggage. The self-service atmosphere of the hotel was unpleasant. Breakfast was the only meal served on weekends which was problematic because we were traveling with elderly people with mobility issues who wanted dinner. There were pre-made sandwiches and snacks in a refrigerator in the lobby which were an unappetizing alternative to an expected nice dinner for our last night of traveling. The rooms are designed for male business travelers. There is no place to sit in front of a mirror. The counter space in the bathroom is minimal and there are inadequate towel racks. The hotel had the feel of a prison with doors that need to be opened on every hallway. The room keycards malfunctioned and we had to get replacements twice over the course of a few hours. The rooms were small but the bed was comfortable and it was quiet. This hotel is located in a business park so there is no "atmosphere". This hotel does not meet any reasonable standards for serving people with mobility issues or disabilities.

Room Tip: Do not use self check-in. Use live staff.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Deborah O
Spring, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

My husband and I were returning from a cruise which docked in Rotterdam and needed a hotel for one night. We had taken the train from Rotterdam to Schiphol and with a printed bus schedule from the hotel's web site it was very easy to catch the hotel shuttle. We did have to walk a little distance from the bus stop to the hotel entrance, but it wasn't difficult. We arrived around 11am and the receptionist was able to let us check in early which was wonderful. Since the hotel is fairly new the room was quiet, spacious, clean and well equipped for a short stay. The bed was comfortable, AC worked well and we did not notice any airplane noise. Since we had visited Amsterdam before the cruise we were not interested in taking the train back to do any additional sightseeing, but we did take an afternoon walk to the village that is nearby. It was an easy 20 minute walk, just turn right after you exit the hotel at the street, a left at the end of the street, go up the steps when you see them and it will put you at street level. Walk a few more blocks, cross the road and you will find shops and small restaurants. We did eat a light snack at the hotel's restaurant and had a beer late in the afternoon. We were the only people in the restaurant and the service was adequate. We did not eat breakfast since our flight was at 10 am the next morning, but the shuttle was prompt and returned us to the airport for our flight home. The hotel met all of our needs and we would definitely stay here again and I would recommend it to our friends as a great airport hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sofia, Bulgaria
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

This hotel is definitely not for those who love the glamor and first class service. But it is quiet and offers enough amenities - spacious rooms and toilets, comfortable beds – that’s not bad for airport hotel.
Shuttle bus stops too far from the entrance - that’s quite inconvenient especially when you carry big luggage with you. Restaurant was another thing that I didn’t like. When I got down to dinner, there were many free tables in the restaurant, but there was no one prepared to seat guests - piles of used plates and cutlery were on each table. And that was because only one girl, the bar tender, was available to serve guests, and of course, she couldn’t cope with all the work in the restaurant.
Overall I am satisfied with my stay, but most likely I wouldn’t go there again. I know better hotels in this area for nearly same price.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Ankara, Turkey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

The hotel was pretty new, clean, minimalist and spacious also staff were very kind. But the breakfast was a terrible experience because I was a member of a tour gruop. After the morning, I started to feel like staying a very bad; minibar'less' and wardrobe'less' rooms with greedy staff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Towcester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights in this hotel. Hotel new and modern. We arrived at the hotel at 9.30am in the morning prepared to leave our luggage and go wondering. Went to check-in and without any quibbling we were given the keys to our room.... amazing at that time of the morning. Our room was a good size with a good flat screen TV that had quite a few English channels which is a refreshing change for Europe. Our room also had a kettle and a mug which I was not expecting as when I emailed to ask about tea making facilities I was informed that there were none in the rooms. The bathroom was spotless and smart with basic toiletries. The towels were a good size and spotlessly clean, The bed was comfortable but the pillows were practically non existent they were so flat.
Travelling to the city was no problem for us; We caught the shuttle to the airport which was always on time and then caught a local bus from the airport to the City. We were given a shuttle time table when we checked in and noted that the shuttle does not run between 9.32am and 11.00am and between 6.30pm and 8.00pm. You can work around these times once you are made aware,
Breakfast was well made with plenty of choice including hot options. We were disappointed though that the meal menu was very limited 'Comfort Food' is what a member of staff called it. You can get pizza, lasagne and burgers etc and they do a few desserts. They also have a 24 Hour snack bar in reception where you can purchase soft drinks, sandwiches and crisps.
This is a lovely hotel 15 minutes by bus away from the airport. There are no shops or restaurants near the hotel so be prepared to eat at the hotel, the airport or the City.
Loved Amsterdam, lots to see and do'; Loved the hotel. Should I visit Amsterdam again I may look to experiencing staying in the City closer to everything.

Room Tip: If you like your hot drinks ask for a room with a kettle
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Schiphol
Radisson Blu Hotel Amsterdam Airport
Van der Valk Hotel Schiphol
citizenM Schiphol Airport
Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport
Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Amsterdam Airport Schiphol? Share your experiences!