“Great!”

Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Schiphol
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

I really love this place. Every stay is just spotless. The rooms are very comfortable. I love the heated bathroom floors and mirrors that do not get foamed. The breakfast is as good as it can get in a hotel, with great choice and tasty food: juices, soups, breads, salads, cheese, ham, eggs you name it...
The staff is helpful and courteous. The check in is always fast and friendly. You really feel welcome. Off course this is an airport hotel, so it is a bit far from amsterdam center...but if you have business in the area or are waiting for your next flight, this is an excellent option. To tell the thruth, it is a goog option even if you intend to visit amsterdam. I can event tell more: they have a nice gym room, swimming pool and spa area (hammam, massage, etc). If you like walking or running, amsterdam forest is just behind the hotel: it is a very pleasant place. I've stayed at this hotel many times, even since it was a Dorint. Every time I'm positively surprised and every stay is a great experience.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank bmelo
AMS_Steigenberger, Deputy General Manager at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking some of your time to provide us with feedback with regards to your recent stay at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam. This is highly appreciated by all of us. I will make sure your positive words are shared with all involved departments. It is our pleasure to regularly welcome you and I certainly look forward to the next occasion where we may welcome you again.

Deputy General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,264)

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Lovely hotel, if slightly dated rooms.
The spa is fab - all Klaas equipment, and lovely and warm around the pool.
Not busy on a weekday morning, nor was the gym

However the shuttle stops realtively early (even ibis etc. pick up late flights) and a taxi cab one way is €25 so thats adds a lot to the cost that we didn't plan for. We booked a hotel within walking distance of the terminal on the way back

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Goessag
AMS_Steigenberger, Deputy General Manager at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking some of your valuable time to provide us with feedback with regards to your recent stay at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam. I will make sure your comments are shared with all involved departments as with this information we are able to maintain the quality of service we aim to provide.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I stayed here during the 2014 NSS, so the regular rooms were sold out. I got an Executive room and although nice, I was a little underwhelmed. It seemed to me it could be a little bigger, and the bathroom had no separate shower. The bed was ok but not great. Great breakfast-they have everything! Service was actually very good. The hotel is located on the Eastern side of Schiphol, so not in the main "hustle and bustle" area of Schiphol Aiport. There is a shuttle which takes around 10 to 15 minutes. The room was not cheap - it was in excess of 200 euros, but that is not unheard of in Airport hotels.

Room Tip: There are rooms located at the rear of the hotel which must have a view over the water and forrest...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Philip-Beekman
AMS_Steigenberger, Deputy General Manager at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear Mr. Beekman,

Thank you for taking some of your time to provide us with feedback with regards to your recent stay at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam. This is highly appreciated by all of us. I will make sure your positive words are shared with all involved departments. It has been our pleasure to have you as one of our guests and I certainly look forward to the next occasion where we may welcome you again.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

This hotel is quite frankly one of the best I have stayed in. Service outstanding, breakfast simply incredible, the bar is fantastic, and the rooms functional yet classy & comfortable. The airport shuttle is always on time & makes travel to the city or other locations by train so simple. This was the second time I have been here & I wouldn't hesitate to come back many more times.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank JRN_NZ
AMS_Steigenberger, Deputy General Manager at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Reviewed March 16, 2014

I found a good deal on this property & stayed one night in a regular room, direct from a series of long, exhausting flights. I was thrilled when the gracious receptionist let me check-in quite early. Everything was clean and orderly; internet was good and free; the rooms were well sound-proofed, and a window can be opened for fresh air, (although that brings in some highway noise, as well); the pool looked nice, and there was a bowl of fruit in the area; the breakfast buffet is expansive and wonderful, as is typical for the Steigenberger brand. I would have preferred a firmer mattress and different sheeting, but it's not a deal breaker. Towels are big and fluffy; toiletries are limited to a round soap and a gel product, which smells quite nice, like tea, perhaps - so bring your own lotion, hair conditioner, mouth wash, and so on. Check-out was easy; the airport shuttle leaves 1/2 hourly, and takes about 10 minutes. I would certainly stay here again!

Room Tip: The executive rooms are nicer.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Dear guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback with regards to your recent stay at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam. This is highly appreciated by all of us. I will make sure your feedback is shared with the involved departments. It has been our pleasure to have you as one of our guests and I certainly look forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Modern, Comfortable, Perfect! Attentive staff, great breakfast, wonderful bar, all you need is there. Clean rooms, coffee (or tea) available, excellent bathroom, to make you feel cozy. Convenient location, what else?

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
AMS_Steigenberger, Deputy General Manager at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Dear Mrs. Janet,

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Great hotel for the price in Amsterdam. not sure I could have found a better deal.
Restaurant service is bad, breakfast is great but expensive 27 euros.
overall is ok for work/business... not so much for personal use.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Mr. Dagahi,

Thank you for your positive feedback with regards to your recent stay at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam. This is highly appreciated by all of us. I will make sure your feedback is shared with all involved departments.

Deputy General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Schiphol
Van der Valk Hotel Schiphol
citizenM Schiphol Airport
Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center
Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport
Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
Dorint Airport Hotel Amsterdam

Been to Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam? Share your experiences!