2,560 results
All reviews sports bar free shuttle every half hour nice hotel ironing board shuttle service business trip executive room steam room breakfast was excellent comfortable rooms double bed stayed one night short stay an early flight amsterdam airport
Reviewed December 21, 2013

The hotel's best feature is pool and spa. The rooms are ok, but asking for service in any capacity is daunting. I called room service at 3 am and was told that I should come downstairs if I wanted to eat, since he was the only one manning the phones and watching the sports bar. At lunch I had a grilled chicken sandwich and it was awful. If u cannot make a grilled chicken sandwich, you have a problem with your food. If u call housekeeping for something they take forever. The front desk women during the day are unfriendly and care nothing about the clients needs. Last week I stayed at citizen m which has great food and service in comparison. Depressing atmosphere in the lobby and bar.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
AMS_Steigenberger, Deputy General Manager at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking some of your time to provide us with feedback with regards to your recent stay at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam. I regret to hear that you have had an unsatisfied stay with us. I would kindly request you to contact the Executive Office to clarify the problems you have encountered during your stay. They can be reached via airporthotel-amsterdam@steigenberger.com or via +31 (0)20 5400 800.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

I had the pleasure of attending the yearly MeerBusiness entrepreneur Gala party early december. A truly fantastic happening. Great service, great food, great ambiance. From early in the evening untill early in the morning duringbthe afterparty in the hotel bar. Just great!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Mr. Robbert,

Herewith I would like to thank you for your positive feedback with regards to your recent visit to the Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam. It has been our pleasure to welcome you as one of the guests for the MeerBusiness Gala. I will share your positive comments with all involved departments.

I certainly look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Great hotel but not the best location. Attractive lobby. Comfortable rooms. Except for staff deriding me for putting on my sneakers around the pool. excellent workout facilities. Except for trouble finding the elevators, a friendly, efficient front desk staff. Except for few restaurant options, a first-rate breakfast. Except for having to return early from the city to catch the shuttle, good access to airport when it runs.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank PhilosophicalTalk
AMS_Steigenberger, Deputy General Manager at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Dear guest,

Hereby I would like thank you for your feedback with regards to your recent stay at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam. I will make sure your comments are shared with the involved departments as it is with this information that we are able to further improve our services.

It has been our pleasure to have you as one of our guests and I certainly look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

With kind regards,

Reviewed December 11, 2013

We were allocated this hotel at short notice because our flight from Schiphol had been cancelled due to bad weather and what an hotel! Everything about it was excellent from check in to departure. Our room was large and spotless with all the amenities you would expect. We were offered a complimentary meal in the restaurant and considering the Chef had only one hour's notice to prepare it, it was more than adequate offering soup, salads, chicken, beef, vegetables, desserts and a veggie option. After our meal, we took coffee in the lounge where the service was fast, friendly and efficient. The breakfast was amazing too offering a huge range of hot and cold options. This was a very welcome extra night added on to our holiday but we would definitely recommend this hotel to any one travelling in the Amsterdam area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LeedsSully
AMS_Steigenberger, Deputy General Manager at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Dear guest,

Herewith I would like to thank you for your positive feedback with regards to your recent stay at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam.

It has been our pleasure to have you as one of our guests and I certainly hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

If you are just passing through Amsterdam or have business near the airport this hotel is one of the best to go to. Just hop on the hotel bus and it is 10 minutes away at the quitter end of the airport. It is a lively hotel with a lively bar and a quiet restaurant so suits either requirement. It also is right opposite the old terminal building which is now a restaurant.

It is only an airport hotel so not really a base to travel about from as you would have to take a shuttle to the airport which is very well linked to train routes.

Staff are very pleasant and helpful and food was a pretty good standard. Stayed here a number of times and you pretty much get the same consistent service each time - clean and efficient.

Room Tip: Not sure any great advantage in rooms choice as they are pretty quiet wherever I have stayed.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank G O
AMS_Steigenberger, Deputy General Manager at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Dear guest,

Herewith I sincerely would like to thank you for your feedback with regards to your recent stay at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam. This is highly appreciated as with this information we are able to maintain the quality we aim to provide. It has been our pleasure to have you as one of our guests and I certainly look forward to welcoming you again.