2,541 results
All reviewssports barevery half hourfree shuttlenice hotelironing boardshuttle servicebusiness tripexecutive roomsteam roombreakfast was excellentcomfortable roomsdouble bedstayed one nightshort stayan early flightamsterdamairport
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Great hotel but not the best location. Attractive lobby. Comfortable rooms. Except for staff deriding me for putting on my sneakers around the pool. excellent workout facilities. Except for trouble finding the elevators, a friendly, efficient front desk staff. Except for few restaurant options, a first-rate breakfast. Except for having to return early from the city to catch the shuttle, good access to airport when it runs.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank PhilosophicalTalk
AMS_Steigenberger, Deputy General Manager at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Dear guest,

Hereby I would like thank you for your feedback with regards to your recent stay at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam. I will make sure your comments are shared with the involved departments as it is with this information that we are able to further improve our services.

It has been our pleasure to have you as one of our guests and I certainly look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

With kind regards,

Reviewed December 11, 2013

We were allocated this hotel at short notice because our flight from Schiphol had been cancelled due to bad weather and what an hotel! Everything about it was excellent from check in to departure. Our room was large and spotless with all the amenities you would expect. We were offered a complimentary meal in the restaurant and considering the Chef had only one hour's notice to prepare it, it was more than adequate offering soup, salads, chicken, beef, vegetables, desserts and a veggie option. After our meal, we took coffee in the lounge where the service was fast, friendly and efficient. The breakfast was amazing too offering a huge range of hot and cold options. This was a very welcome extra night added on to our holiday but we would definitely recommend this hotel to any one travelling in the Amsterdam area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LeedsSully
AMS_Steigenberger, Deputy General Manager at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Dear guest,

Herewith I would like to thank you for your positive feedback with regards to your recent stay at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam.

It has been our pleasure to have you as one of our guests and I certainly hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

If you are just passing through Amsterdam or have business near the airport this hotel is one of the best to go to. Just hop on the hotel bus and it is 10 minutes away at the quitter end of the airport. It is a lively hotel with a lively bar and a quiet restaurant so suits either requirement. It also is right opposite the old terminal building which is now a restaurant.

It is only an airport hotel so not really a base to travel about from as you would have to take a shuttle to the airport which is very well linked to train routes.

Staff are very pleasant and helpful and food was a pretty good standard. Stayed here a number of times and you pretty much get the same consistent service each time - clean and efficient.

Room Tip: Not sure any great advantage in rooms choice as they are pretty quiet wherever I have stayed.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank G O
AMS_Steigenberger, Deputy General Manager at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Dear guest,

Herewith I sincerely would like to thank you for your feedback with regards to your recent stay at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam. This is highly appreciated as with this information we are able to maintain the quality we aim to provide. It has been our pleasure to have you as one of our guests and I certainly look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Positive:
Free airport shuttle, free WiFi Friendly professional staff Good general facilities (lobby, pool/sauna/gym, restaurant)
Negative:
Cleanliness of room. Maintenance of the bathroom. 24hr shuttle would be nice. (Currently runs early morning until around 23:45)
Close to:
Nothing, besides the airport.

Stayed here in Nov. 2013
Shuttle bus conveniently located outside Schiphol (go right when you exit), however, the actual shuttle bus is nowhere near the one in the picture (big black MB tour bus), it's actually a tiny MB van, so make sure you line up early, otherwise you might not get a seat on the bus.
Hotel is quite average, only the bed was clean, otherwise, room and washroom were not clean at all, tub was clogged, we stayed at room 388, there were some markings on the wall, which made us feel really uncomfortable, TV also turned off by itself. Otherwise, bed was comfortable and the staff are really friendly and professional, lobby is very nice too along with the restaurant.
Free WiFi is a plus, and a cute vending area downstairs.
Sauna/pool and gym were good too, if you have time before you fly off, try using the facility to relax.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
AMS_Steigenberger, Deputy General Manager at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Dear Mr. Jim,

Herewith I would like to thank you for providing us with feedback with regards to your recent stay at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam. It is with this information that we are able to further improve our services and maintain the quality we aim to provide.

I would kindly ask you to contact the Executive Office in order to further discuss your comments and see what can be done to compensate you for the encountered problems. They can be reached via +31 (0)20 5400 800 or via airporthotel-amsterdam@steigenberger.com

I Iook forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

Arrived late on Sunday for a day in the office in Amsterdam on Monday. Charming and helpful receptionist, and a quiet room away from the lifts. The rooms have clearly been built to last, with very good quality furniture and fitted units. Housekeeping was faultless. I slept like a log after a late night coffee/whisky in the Sports Bar, which could be a good/lively venue on a regular night. I was pleasantly surprised by the gym, which was quite well equipped, and open very early. Breakfast was splendid (outstanding choice and all of good quality), and after using the gym I felt justified in taking full advantage of my inclusive rate :-) Shuttle bus was on time and very efficient in both directions.

I got a very good rate through TravelRepublic (via Trivago). This hotel has become a good competitor for my regular haunt (the Park Plaza). Highly recommended….

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TravellingTaffUk
AMS_Steigenberger, Deputy General Manager at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

Dear guest,

I would sincerely like to thank you for taking some of your time to provide us with feedback with regards to your recent stay at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam. It is with this information that we are able to further improve our services and maintain the level of quality we aim to strive for.

I certainly look forward to welcome you again in the future. If you need any further assistance for your reservations in the future, do not hesitate to contact the Executive Office via airporthotel-amsterdam@steigenberger.com

Kind regards