I spent a week here on Business. Here are the observations:
- Veeeeery, very, very slow WiFi. Anything further than Gmail, Google, forget it. A VPC for a company laptop would probably crash the entire hotel
- Dodgy pricing in their main bar/restaurant (Sport and media bar). Depending on the day the same dish can be 10-20% more expensive, no explanation whatsoever, and not what is stated in the menu.
- Lacking some basics in the room: Only one shower gel/shampoo, and a big one in the shower which they don't really refill, no slippers (maybe you have to buy them at reception?), etc.
- Close to the airport, constant shuttle service
- Nice clean rooms, and friendly staff
- Very nice breakfast
In short, you can find better things around here for the price. It won't be my choice next time.
Oh, and don't even think of ordering the Fish&Chips at the Sports Media bar!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Steigenberger Airport Hotel is a first class business hotel with a wide range of recreational facilities. The good accessibility thanks to the free shuttle service to and from the international railway station and Amsterdam Schiphol Airport and direct access to the A4 and A9 motorways, makes Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam the perfect location for your accommodation, meeting or event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam Schiphol, Haarlemmermeer