Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam
GreenLeadersSilver level
Portland, Oregon
“Nice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

Staying at the Steigenberger Airport Hotel in Amsterdam was a very pleasant experience. I needed a room for an overnight stay and wanted something close to the airport.

Signage out of the Amsterdam Airport is very clear, "Hotel Shuttle" and signage on the street is very clear also with the hotel being the first listing. A large coach bus picks you up and takes you right to the front door of the hotel. The driver not only helped to unload my luggage, but opened the door as well. I had been traveling for over 12+ hours and had arrived early in the morning. The front desk was very kind and offered to store my luggage for sightseeing or complimentary access to the spa and exercise room to clean up until my room was ready.

The rooms were quite spacious and fully equipped. It included a magnifying mirror, two hair dryers, coffee/tea service, refrigerator, etc. The spa and exercise room was also included, and it was quite nice. The rooms were nicely appointed, good sized, and very private. I noticed even with my tv blaring it could not be heard in the hall. Internet service was excellent and easily accessed in every area of the hotel. Access to my floor required I use my room key in the elevator (nice security feature) and electricity in the room also required I place my key in an appropriate holder. This is wonderful for a person who has trouble finding their keys!

Restaurants: The two restaurant options were very good. The breakfast buffet was huge with lots of high-end specialty foods to choose from. The Sport bar also offered excellent food.

Location: Although the access to the airport is excellent, into town is a bit more work. You can secure a taxi or take the hotel shuttle back to the airport (easy) and then take the train into Central Station. This is not difficult. The hotel itself is not located to much so it would not be my first choice for sightseeing in Amsterdam, but it was an excellent choice for my purposes.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Nicest hotel among my Europe trip. Most friendly staffs, compared to Italians ( worst attitude among Europeans).

Clean & chic design. Love the lobby giant rhino.. make the lobby so lively.

Again, one thing u must do on Europe trip.. bring your own kettle. Other hotels dont have a kettle (Italian hotel staff will tell you to take hot water yourself from the bar) or rusty.. for this hotel, is rusty.. even already ask for change. At least, I am happy with their effort of trying ..

Location is far fm city.

Overall, my best stayed hotel in Europe.

• Stayed April 2013
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night because we had a morning flight next day. Our room was clean and quiet. Our bed was not the most comfortable bed. On a 1 to 10 scale with 10 being the best, I would give it 5. We each had one very thin pillow, but we got through the night. This hotel has one restaurant and one bar. Their restaurant was closed when we were there, which was a Monday. I found out that this restaurant is closed every Monday. We wish the hotel staff had informed us of the restaurant closure so that we would have our plan for dinner elsewhere. The hotel is located in the middle of nowhere and closing their restaurant is not the best way to accommodate their guests. The bar does offer bar food, which was what we had because we did not have other choices except going to Amsterdam. The bar food was not bad at all and the service was decent. Overall, it is a decent place to stay.

Room Tip: This hotel is in a very isolated area. I assume any room would be as quiet as ours. Just make sure y...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Steigenberger_AMS, Manager at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
First we would like to thank you for taking some of your valuable time to give us feedback regarding your stay at the Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam. It is with this information that we are able to further improve our services.

We would like to reply on your comments on the opening hours of our restaurants. Starting from this week our à la carte restaurant Nadar will be open from Monday to Friday. We would like to apologize for the inconvenience and not informing you about the opening times of our restaurants. We hope you have enjoyed your dinner in the Sports & Media bar.

In closing, we thank you again for your feedback. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the near future and to have the opportunity to prove we are able to offer excellence on all aspects of our services.
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

There are always 10 people in the lobby area and yet still guests wait for service. The thing that got me was waiting for a cab for an hour where concierge claimed the cab had come already after 30 min. Then they claim to have called again and that it came and went I again. This was followed by "it's not our fault." That warranted this review. Their is no pride in service, in the lobby area anyway. Restaurant and bar were better

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank alritthen
Amsterdam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

This is the best hotel I've stayed in, clean, spacious, fabulous spa and pool. Food was lovely. To get to dam square we got free shuttle bus to the airport and a train to amsterdam central, it took 15-20 mins and cost just 7.80 euros return. Much cheaper and quicker than a taxi. The beds are very comfortable and rooms are very quiet!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Sharron S
Steigenberger_AMS, Manager at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
First I would like to thank you for taking some of your valuable time to give us feedback regarding your stay at the Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam. We have passed on your enthusiastic review to all departments concerned. We hope you will be back and are looking forward to welcoming you again in our hotel.
Cape Town
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights for a conference and found it mainly up to standard. Could locale for airport. Cleaning not 100%, found cleaning cloth one day and bin not emptied the other. Bar and restaurant service v v slow. 90 mins for a main course. Rooms comfortable and well appointed with tea and coffee, mini fridge and iron and board, all in all satisfied.

• Stayed April 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Schiphol
citizenM Schiphol Airport
Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center
Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport
Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
Tulip Inn Amsterdam Airport
Van der Valk Hotel Schiphol

Been to Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam? Share your experiences!