“Great Hotel”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Vienna, Austria
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014

I spent 4 nights at this hotel, when I was in Amsterdam on business and I am very happy with my stay and can definitely recommend it. The hotel is conveniently located close to the airport and offers a free shuttle bus service to the airport and back. The rooms are spacious and clean with free Wi Fi. Breakfast buffet was good and had all the variaty of food. The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Jordi_Kuijt, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, we hope to see you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

I travel several times/year between the USA and Europe, and Amsterdam Schiphol airport is my most frequent port of entry/exit. I have enjoyed staying at the Radisson Blu Schiphol hotel for many years. I nearly always stay there the evening before my morning flight back to the USA. I have always liked the rooms (comfortable beds), running on the path outside the hotel, the restaurants (especially the breakfast), and the staff. Recently, they (finally!) decided to allow access to the fitness center 24/7, which was a good move.

The only issue with the hotel is that it is not connected to the airport. To mitigate that, they have for years offered a free shuttle service to/from the airport that runs at least every half hour. Like other hotels, that shuttle ran on a pre-determined schedule. Until now.

Sometime in the first half of 2014, the hotel management contracted a new shuttle bus service. The shuttle bus now stops at two other hotels on the way to/from the airport. It's bad enough that this adds additional time for hotel guests going to/from the airport, but more importantly, they recently gave up on a pre-determined shuttle schedule. They simply state the bus runs every half hour, but you have to guess when that will be. By going to this undetermined schedule, they have taken a disadvantage (being located off the airport grounds), and have made it significantly worse. With the new service, when you're trying to plan how early you have to get up in the morning in order to shower, eat breakfast, and take the shuttle to the airport to get through the unpredictable long lines at passport control and security, you have to factor in an extra half hour of uncertainty because you don't know when the shuttle bus will take you from the hotel to the airport.

I spoke to the staff. They told me they have received a lot of complaints and have passed it on to the management, but so far nothing has changed. I don't write a lot of reviews, but I am really disappointed the Radisson management has chosen this path. I will no longer stay at this hotel and will pay the extra amount to stay at the Hilton or Sheraton at the airport until this is resolved.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Hkrodin
Thank-you very much for your feedback. We're becoming more aware of the shuttle service and are in the process of trying to make it as efficient as it was before. We look forward to your next stay, with hopes that the shuttle service will be back to the way it had been before.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

The hotel was OK but the problems I had in recovering my money after I had been overcharged by €477 for a 2 nights stay was appalling. The hotel made a mess of my Visa confirmation and debited my account for my stay (€377) plus a non optional €100 incidentals deposit. I was assurred this wasn't being charged. At checkout I then paid my bill in full (€401). Upon checking my visa account online I spotted the €478 charge, telephoned and was told this was standard practice in "every hotel in the world" - you overpay based on what you might have spent?? Difference will be refunded to my card in a "few days". Following day I checked online and saw a further charge of €401 debited - so I'm now in the hole for €888. Calls to reception and accounts showed I was the only one stressing this dipping of my visa account. According to the hotel it was my problem for not highlighting that it was a Visa Debit card, not Visa Credit - despite the fact that the card is clearly labelled DEBIT. It was the banks problems because refunds take longer than payments, it was everyone elses problem but the hotel's. Anyway, over charge was eventually recupped but you have to wonder, if I wasn't keeping tabs on my statement what would have happened. Certainly no apology from the hotel. Business travel req template has now been amended to "Anywhere EXCEPT Raddison Blu".

1 Thank Ray H
Jordi_Kuijt, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention. We understand the inconvenience an unexpected charge can cause. You will be contacted by hotel management in order for us to get a better understanding of the issue and if you require additional assistance in this matter. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Tehran, Iran, Middle East
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

thanks. A really perfect Hotel especially for business trips to Amsterdam. very kind, happy and helpful staff as well as clean, large and comfort room. the regular shuttle buses to Schiphol is very useful. 20 of 20

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Jordi_Kuijt, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Amsterdam Airport, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank–you for your kind feedback. We´re so pleased to hear that you had a comfortable stay with us, and look forward to your next stay.
Newcastle NSW
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

During June my wife and I stayed one night at Radisson Blu Schiphol for a rest after a tiring Coach Tour of Norway and a flight from Oslo. Booking in on the Sunday afternoon we enjoyed the free shuttle service from the airport, friendly staff at check in, and an enjoyable meal in the bar café. We found our room and facilities including free WiFi to be good. However the hotel lobby and corridors became very busy and noisy after the arrival of a number of large bus trips. On retiring for the night we realised our room backed against a very noisy and busy elevator, with bus trips checking in or out, and requested a change of room. Being provided with an alternate room, and having to move possessions after 10pm was not a good experience. Not the hotel for a rest after a long flight.

Room Tip: Request a quiet room far from elevators at other end of corridor.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Novocastrians
Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. We understand how important a quiet environment is and apologize for any loss of much needed sleep. We are happy to hear that you were able to move rooms, and hope that the new room was silent. We hope you will give us another chance if you are in the area again.
Lecce, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

The hotel staff is very nice and competent and above all smiling. Is already my second trip at this hotel and everything was perfect. Good service with free shuttle bus from and to the airport.Easy for the flight or for reaching the city center. internet free and it works on more than one device. Food is good, and there is variety. I remember for the other time a very good chciken with nuts.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Brescia, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

Nice hotel, suitable for business meetings due the short distance to the airport. Reasonable quality to price ratio for the rooms, good wifi access, wide and clean rooms with large beds. Good meeting rooms facilities. Not recommended for leisure trips, quite far from the city centre.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Schiphol
Red Light District (De Wallen)
Radisson Blu Hotel, Amsterdam

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel Amsterdam Airport? Share your experiences!