1,469 results
All reviewsbusiness class roomfree shuttlejunior suitebusiness parkshuttle serviceevery half hourtakes about minutesan upgrademinute ridemini baramsterdam airportexcellent hotelrooms are nicebusiness tripstandard roomlong flightstayed here for one night
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Stayed here on a business trip last week and although the hotel is conveniently situated that's about all it has to offer. The breakfast was outrageously expensive (25 euros) for what it was. When I ate an evening meal in the restaurant one night I ordered a burger (for 16.50 euros!) and found two processed meat burgers and a couple of slices of bread were brought to my table - a had a beer with my meal and that set me back almost 6 euros (the beer tasted like p*ss!). This is not to mention the pathetic ability one of the waitress girls showed in describing the specials menu.

Despite having the breakfast package added to my bill when I checked in, when I arrived in the breakfast bar on the first morning there was mysteriously no record of me having done this. Not a big deal I guess but I had to wait to be checked out... On the next day when I mentioned my room number to a staff member on entering the breakfast bar she had difficulty understanding the difference between the digits 2 and 3; she ended up repeatedly mentioning the wrong room number and asking me whether I was another guest. They need to be careful about this as I could have used the other guest's details to pay for Wifi!

This brings me on to my final point, the free wifi.... There are signs everywhere saying free wifi but when you try to connect you're asked to sign up to an agreement where only the first 24hrs of Wifi are free. That really doesn't sound like free wifi to me!

In summary I think the only thing this hotel has going for it is the convenience of being located next to the airport. I was working in an office across the road so I have to admit it was convenient.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Hotel rooms need renovating, they just look a bit old and you shouldn't need to pay more for a nicer looking room alone. The food is excellent though, staff can't do enough for you and for the airport it's not too far from the terminal, the cost of a taxi into Amsterdam is anything from $45 to $75...

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel on numerous occasions as I work with a company located across the road in the business park, so the location is excellent for my needs.
I've always found the hotel to be reliably good. Clean rooms, good service, good facilities. The gym is pretty well equipped as well. There is a good shuttle service between the hotel and Schiphol airport, from where you can get the train to Amsterdam city centre.
All-in-all this is a good standard business hotel, slightly out of the way if you are a tourist looking for the sights of Amsterdam city centre.
The last time I stayed, I was upgraded into one of the newly refurbished rooms - really nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly refurbished one.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I travel quite frequently and if at all possible I try to use Radisson hotels. This was my first time at this hotel and as usual I was very impressed by my experience. The staff's attitude is always helpful and they go out of their way to make your stay as pleasant as possible. The breakfast is well presented and has a wide variety of choices.

I'm going back again for another couple of stays, (business related), and I'm pleased it's going to be here. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed at the Radisson Schipol for 1 night in November 2012. I stayed on the 5th floor (room 510). My overall impressions of the property were solid, and I would stay here again if I had no other options. Most of the staff were very helpful. Like always - The Good, The OK, and The Bad

The Good
- The shuttle bus. On-time. Clean. Large. Free. Excellent first impression and well appreciated. The ride takes around 15 minutes.
- Check-in. Worked with Mohammed, who was very helpful (I had issues with my room key not working). Well handled and a nice welcome to the property.
- The room. Standard, nothing fancy. King-size bed, sitting chair, small desk area along wall, mini-bar, small closet, safe, etc. Nice, but nothing wonderful.
- Bathroom. Clean with nice soaps and items. The Shower/tub was a combo, and although the front-desk said the room was recently renovated, the tub was old style. And who wants to step into a deep tub to take a shower? Not me.
- Bar area. Nice area with tables, couches and sitting areas. See The BAD below however.
- Bicycle rentals. Didn't take advantage, but nice to see and prices were very reasonable.

The OK
- Price. Wow, not inexpensive by any stretch. The hotel is solid, but far from plush. Would likely look elsewhere next time - room was 225+ Euro. Too much.
- The bed. No pillow-top mattress or heavenly beds here. A simple, quite hard mattress. Obviously, little investment was made here. Sure, there was a pillow menu - which is very nice, but the mattress was over-looked.
- Breakfast. The food and service was solid. But for 25 Euro I'd expect a few more options. It was largely an American breakfast type, nothing international from the Asia-Pacific region.
- Location. As the name says, this is NOT close to city center. So, as long as you are aware, it should be fine.

The Bad
- In the morning, a couple colleagues and I needed some space to discuss a few things. The sitting areas were full, sans a large (empty) room at the back of the bar area. Since all of the tables were empty, I asked the bartender if we could use one of those tables. She said no, because it was used for lunch spill-over. I advised we would move if necessary. Still said no. I then asked her to speak to another member of staff, because I simply didn't understand why it was so critical. Well, another staff member came over and repeated the same line. It did not matter that NO ONE was using the room (and no one EVER did across the day), or that we had spent 1000+ Euro's in the hotel. Not a good decision, and will not be forgotten.

Again - the hotel was solid. I just came away with a bitter taste in my mouth because of the poor decision made by the bar staff.

Enjoy Amsterdam.