“Good airport hotel” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
UK
“Good airport hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel on numerous occasions as I work with a company located across the road in the business park, so the location is excellent for my needs.
I've always found the hotel to be reliably good. Clean rooms, good service, good facilities. The gym is pretty well equipped as well. There is a good shuttle service between the hotel and Schiphol airport, from where you can get the train to Amsterdam city centre.
All-in-all this is a good standard business hotel, slightly out of the way if you are a tourist looking for the sights of Amsterdam city centre.
The last time I stayed, I was upgraded into one of the newly refurbished rooms - really nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly refurbished one.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I travel quite frequently and if at all possible I try to use Radisson hotels. This was my first time at this hotel and as usual I was very impressed by my experience. The staff's attitude is always helpful and they go out of their way to make your stay as pleasant as possible. The breakfast is well presented and has a wide variety of choices.

I'm going back again for another couple of stays, (business related), and I'm pleased it's going to be here. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Budapest, Hungary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed at the Radisson Schipol for 1 night in November 2012. I stayed on the 5th floor (room 510). My overall impressions of the property were solid, and I would stay here again if I had no other options. Most of the staff were very helpful. Like always - The Good, The OK, and The Bad

The Good
- The shuttle bus. On-time. Clean. Large. Free. Excellent first impression and well appreciated. The ride takes around 15 minutes.
- Check-in. Worked with Mohammed, who was very helpful (I had issues with my room key not working). Well handled and a nice welcome to the property.
- The room. Standard, nothing fancy. King-size bed, sitting chair, small desk area along wall, mini-bar, small closet, safe, etc. Nice, but nothing wonderful.
- Bathroom. Clean with nice soaps and items. The Shower/tub was a combo, and although the front-desk said the room was recently renovated, the tub was old style. And who wants to step into a deep tub to take a shower? Not me.
- Bar area. Nice area with tables, couches and sitting areas. See The BAD below however.
- Bicycle rentals. Didn't take advantage, but nice to see and prices were very reasonable.

The OK
- Price. Wow, not inexpensive by any stretch. The hotel is solid, but far from plush. Would likely look elsewhere next time - room was 225+ Euro. Too much.
- The bed. No pillow-top mattress or heavenly beds here. A simple, quite hard mattress. Obviously, little investment was made here. Sure, there was a pillow menu - which is very nice, but the mattress was over-looked.
- Breakfast. The food and service was solid. But for 25 Euro I'd expect a few more options. It was largely an American breakfast type, nothing international from the Asia-Pacific region.
- Location. As the name says, this is NOT close to city center. So, as long as you are aware, it should be fine.

The Bad
- In the morning, a couple colleagues and I needed some space to discuss a few things. The sitting areas were full, sans a large (empty) room at the back of the bar area. Since all of the tables were empty, I asked the bartender if we could use one of those tables. She said no, because it was used for lunch spill-over. I advised we would move if necessary. Still said no. I then asked her to speak to another member of staff, because I simply didn't understand why it was so critical. Well, another staff member came over and repeated the same line. It did not matter that NO ONE was using the room (and no one EVER did across the day), or that we had spent 1000+ Euro's in the hotel. Not a good decision, and will not be forgotten.

Again - the hotel was solid. I just came away with a bitter taste in my mouth because of the poor decision made by the bar staff.

Enjoy Amsterdam.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Jeremy F
Saarbrücken
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We started our holiday from Amsterdam and spent the day before the flight in the city. Because our flight left early we looked for a hotel near the airport and found a good price via HRS for the Radisson Blu. If you want to visit Amsterdam you won’t like the area as you’ll need a car to get to the city. For a one-night stay before a flight the location is awesome.
The Staff is very friendly, rooms are clean and spacious. The Bathroom is luxurious with a nice bathtub, perfect for a relaxing bath before a long flight.
If I ever travel from Amsterdam again, I will definitely stay there.

Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank mwsb1903
Flower Mound, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

My husband and I spent a weekend at this hotel which is in a rather isolated office park by Schiphol Airport. It was an inexpensive way to visit Amsterdam, staying at a very nice and confortable hotel and just taking public transportation into Amsterdam Central. Rooms are very nice, Staff is great and friendly and the breakfast is plentiful. Free transportation to Schiphol every 30 minutes and then about a 10 minute train ride into Central allowed us a full day of sightseeing and then escaping the business of the city.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Antwerp
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

My husband and I stayed one night at this hotel prior to an international flight from Schiphol and we were very satisfied with our stay.

Together with the confirmation of our reservation we had also received the shedule of the free shuttle bus of the hotel : it leaves the hotel to the airport every hour and every half hour, and returns from the airport to the hotel every quarter past the hour and every quarter before the hour. There are no busses between 23.45 pm.and 6 a.m., however.
On the bus there is a special rack in/on which you can put your luggage, and it takes about 10 minutes to arrive at the hotel.

The staff at the reception was very friendly and efficient.
The room was nice and clean and the bed was good.

We made the mistake to remove a few drinks from the minibar in order to put a larger waterbottle in it. However, the minibar works with a kind of sensors and everything which is removed is immediatly billed to your room, even if you put the drinks back in their original place afterwards.
We read it in the map on the desk after we had put in our bottle, and immediatly went downstairs to explain our mistake to the receptionist.
She kindly removed the charges for the drinks from our bill without too much fuss.

We cannot say what the breakfast was like, as we had to go to the airport very early.
From 5 untill 7 am. there is a "grab and go" breakfast in the lobby : it consists of a granola-bar, an apple and a cup of tea or coffee. A nice thought for people in a hurry.

This hotel proved to be ideal for a relaxed start of our vacation and we can recommend it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Oxfordshire, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

Arrived quite late and the hotel was very busy but was seen very quickly by the reception staff who informed me that as the hotel was so busy, they would be upgrading me :-) yay !

The staff were great ... Very helpful and friendly and the room was great ... A lovely surprise for an airport hotel . Large lounge area with a swivel tv, large bedroom and bathroom. Great tea selection and even a fan nespresso machine .

Room service breakfast delivered right on time and delicious selection ... Easily enough for two!

And check out? Again very busy but plenty of fast efficient friendly staff do the process took just two minutes.

A perfect choice near to the airport ... Will use again for sure.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Schiphol
citizenM Schiphol Airport
Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam
Park Inn by Radisson Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center
Hyatt Place Amsterdam Schiphol Airport

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel Amsterdam Airport? Share your experiences!