“Best airport hotel ever!”

Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Schiphol
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 20, 2014

We arrived on the train in the evening, stayed in the Sheraton, and left on a plane the next morning - all within the same building! The train station is on one floor and the airport terminal on another, and the hotel is just a few steps away from both - it couldn't have been more convenient. We were upgraded to the club level, although I'm not sure why because I had very few SPG points. So I'm not sure if all the rooms are the same, but ours was great. Excellent toiletries and top line hairdryer. There is even a pants press in the closet! -plus the iron and ironing board. Incredibly, the room was totally soundproof. The bar downstairs was very nice, and the breakfast in the club floor lounge was very ample. I wish we could have stayed more than 11 hours!

Room Tip: Wifi is free if you're on the club floor or in the lobby. Otherwise, you pay.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Dear TrustedTraveller 2

Thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor regarding your stay at The Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel & Conference Center. We really appreciate the fact that you took the time to write such a complete story on your experiences with us. We sincerely thank you for your kind comments regarding the location, services and the fact that the hotel is convenient for a transit. Hopefully you will come back one day, and have the oppertunity to enjoy our hotel for more than 11 hours. Until then I would like to thank you for caring, and wish you all the best.

Kurt Renold

Write a ReviewReviews (2,082)

Reviewed July 18, 2014

We arrived earlier than the checkin time but were able to leave our luggage while we sought some breakfast at one of the many outlets within the airport/rail complex. When we got back the room was ready, not overly big, but comfortable enough. We were then able to head off to Amsterdam for the rest of the day and have a look around before coming back for a nice meal in the restaurant and getting an early night for our flight the next morning. Staff were helpful and friendly. Wifi was free and we were able to print out our luggage tags we needed for later in our trip.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2014

Dear LuckyShepherd,

Thank you very much for your review on your stay in The Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel & Conference Center. We really appreciate the fact that you took the time to write such a complete story on your experiences with us. I am happy to read that you have enjoyed your time with us, and I have passed on your compliments to our teams. We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon at the Sheraton.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

We had a room with view to the traffic control tower. I write now about a trip I made with my husband five months ago. I have to check for photo's but I hope I will find them and that I will be able to post some. That view is really nice. And despite the fact that the hotel is there, in the heart of the airport, the rooms are quiet.

Great location, great view, nice helpful staff.. I would return there anytime.
We left very early and we haven't had breakfast, so I can't say if the food is good or not.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lorena2011
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Dear Lorena2011,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor regarding your recent experience at The Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel & Conference Center. I am happy to learn that you and your husband have enjoyed your stay in our hotel. It is rewarding to read your compliments regarding the quality of your room, the service and our location. Hopefully you will come back one day, and find the time to enjoy one of our restaurants. Until then I wish you all the best from my team and myself.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

This hotel is a great location,literally being attached to the airport. It is easy to find as soon as you exit customs. Added convenience that there is a mall and food court between the airport and the hotel. This also attaches to the train station.

The rooms are very clean but not overly spacious. If you are traveling with another person, expect that your standard room will be two single beds.

The staff are very helpful. We arrived before check in and the staff allowed us to access the health spa facility to shower and clean up as we waited for our rooms to be ready.

There is a restaurant attached to the hotel, I would not eat here because the prices are VERY high! A simple burger is about 20 Euros. Instead take the two minute walk down to the train terminal/food court, there you will find food at more reasonable prices although still a bit pricey.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank jam1king

Dear jam1king,

Thank for your detailed feedback and for taking the time to provide us with your thoughts on how you experienced your stay with us.
It is my pleasure to read you enjoyed your stay. I would like to thank you for your nice compliments regarding our convenient location, clean rooms and very helpful staff.
On the other I am sorry to learn you find our restaurant price-value relation not up to standard. Both, compliments and feedback will be shared during our team briefings. Until we see you again, wishing you a good day.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Great location, close to check in
Stayed here to make a connection the next day. The hotel offers quiet rooms and overall great sleep quality, but the biggest plus is the short distance to the terminal. Three minutes walk only, indoors. Some minuses though; the free internet has the speed of the 90's (you can pay to get descent speed) and the breakfast is €29 extra.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Dear Plq1975

Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center while waiting for your connection flight. I appreciate that you have taken the time and effort to share your experiences on Trip Advisor. We are delighted to learn that you had a positive experience with us. Thank you for your constructive feedback as it helps us to continually improve our services

Until we see you again I wish you all the best from my team and myself

Reviewed July 14, 2014

it's only by walk distance from airport. Comfort room, clean, quiet and nice staffs. The view from my room is not good. Only restaurant area and roof but it's ok to me. Toiletry mmm...i think they miss toothbrush and toothpaste. Overall, this is very good hotel!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo

Dear Andy G,

Thank you for visiting Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center and sharing your experiences here on Tripadvisor. I am happy to read your compliments regarding the quality of the room, the service and the convenient location, which I have shared with the teams. Furthermore I would kindly like to inform you that we have toiletry products available on request. Would you require any of these products during a future stay please inform us upon check-in.
Until we see you again I wish you all the best from my team and myself

Reviewed July 12, 2014

OK, this is not a 5 star like the Ritz London, but 5 stars because the hotel hit all the right points. Friendly staff, clean, quiet, comfortable. Breakfast in the lounge (Starwood Preferred) was delicious. Dinner of baked halibut, outstanding.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JackBAPA
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Dear JackBAPA,

Thank you so much for these nice comments and your very motivating words for our team. I am glad to hear you had an excellent time with us here at the Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel. Our goal is to always offer the best possible service and it is great to read you felt well taken care of during your stay.

Kurt Renolds

Also consider these accommodations in or near Schiphol
Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
citizenM Schiphol Airport
Hyatt Place Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel Amsterdam Airport
Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport
Ramada Amsterdam Airport Schiphol

Been to Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!