“Convenience and Service”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Oahu, Hawaii
“Convenience and Service”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I had an early morning flight in and an early flight out. The front desk was very accommodating and was able to provide early checkin for a small fee which was very much worth it given that I had left Moscow at 3:30am on the morning of my arrival. Being able to get into a room that early made a big difference in my productivity during the day. The health facilities were excellent and the sauna was perfect. The attendants in the Club Room were excellent and I was able to check out from the club room after breakfast. It was a 10 minute walk to the checkin at the airport.

The combination of convenience and service were both excellent.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear South Pacific Seas,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your experience on Tripadvisor. I am glad to read that the Front Office staff was attentive to your needs, by offering an early check in. Furthermore I would like to thank you for your compliments concerning the club room staff. Hope to welcome you again!

Kurt Renold

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
USA
Reviewed December 11, 2013

This is an excellent choice wether you are flying out early or are in for a couple of days. It is very convient to the train into Amsterdam central, I think about 4 euro. I noticed with this visit that the coffe machines were no longer provided in the rooms. For some travelers this will be a real loss. If you are in a club room , coffee and tea are provided, but you still have to dress, wander down, make nice conversation. Anyway, I really cannot understand why this amenity seems to be disappearing. The restaurant was very good, especially Benece, a great barman/ waiter! Also, the best buffet breakfast I've had in a long time. The room was large by European standards with a very nice tub and a very tiny shower. The bed was excellent. I only wish I could have slept later.

Room Tip: I think all of the rooms are quiet and comfortable. If you think you will be spending a lot of time...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KLHUsa
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear KLHUSA,

Thank you very much for your second review on Tripadvisor. We appreciate that you took the time to post a comment. You are correct about the coffee facilities in the room, these are replaced by specially designed coffee machines located on the 1st,4th and 6th floor in order to offer our guests the best quality of coffee. However we still offer our guests the option of delievering in-room coffee and tea maker upon request. Also I will definitely pass on your compliments to our food and beverage manager.
Once again thank you for your kind remarks . Hope to welcome you again in the future.
Purmerend, The Netherlands
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Because of the very early departure of my intercontinental flight I booked this hotel for its location in the airport building and also because of the attractive room rate. The check-in counter of my carrier was only a 10 minutes’ walk, so a shuttle to the airport was not necessary. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. When I arrived by taxi a member of the staff accompanied me to the elevator as the hotel lobby is situated on the first floor. Because the hotel was fully booked they upgraded me as a SPG member to a room on a SPG floor. The key card did not work, but this was quickly solved with a smile. The room was spacious and clean, while the bed was comfortable but that I am used of Sheraton . The six floor offered a wonderful view on terminal 3 of Amsterdam Airport and on a runway in the distance. As most restaurants at the airport are only offering fast-food, I had dinner in the Runway Café which was good and reasonably priced.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear Huib,

How wonderful it is to read that you had such a convenient stay with us. Thank you very much for your compliments. I will definitely pass these on to my colleagues from the Front Desk and the Runway café. We aim to provide all our guests the most convenient stay.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Paris, France
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I spend half a dozen nights in this hotel each year. As you would expect from a Sheraton, it is well decorated and modern and includes a gym. Staff are courteous but sometimes a bit slow. Rooms as a good size and very quiet - I've never been bothered by aircraft noise (I always seem to get a room that gives onto the central atrium). Bed linen gets top marks. No iPod docking station.The breakfast is OK, they have a wide selection but their pastries let them down (not that you should be eating them anyway). They have a small Asian buffet with congee etc. The main reason to stay here is convenience. You can be in your bedroom within 10 minutes of landing, you just come out of Arrivals and cross the street. If you need to get to either the Suidoost business district or the old town center, there are frequent trains from the airport. And in case you come by car they have a parking, The main downside is lack of restaurant options....apart from the 2 hotel restautants and some fast food at the airport you basically have to go into town for dinner. So don't come here for the nightlife!

Room Tip: Rooms on Atrium side are especially quiet
Dear Martin M,

Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Amsterdam Airport hotel and for your review here on tripadvisor.

I would like to extend my gratitude for your compliments with regards to our staff, the hotel rooms, the gym, the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed and the hotel’s convenience. I will make sure to share your compliments with the team. Should you prefer to have a room with an airport view during your next stay, you are most welcome to ask our staff or while making your reservation.

Once more, thank you for your review and I hope to welcome you back soon.

Pleasantville, NY
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Airport hotels can be a little grim and rundown. That's true at some Sheraton airport hotels (such as the Sheraton at London Heathrow), but it's certainly not the case at the Sheraton Schiphol. The place is clean and well maintained. Check-in and check-out were handled quickly, efficiently and courteously. My room (a Club room) on the 3rd floor was reasonably spacious, well-equipped and had everything I needed. The complimentary breakfast was nothing special, but I had no complaints either.

I booked a meeting room in the conference center. It was also well equipped and comfortable. One complaint/suggestion - please provide fee Wi-Fi to those who book meeting rooms. It's absurd in 2013-2014 to charge a supplement for this.

Dear MJMH,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for posting here on Tripadvisor.

It was a pleasure to read that you had a convenient stay with us during your business travel. I already shared your kind words with the staff. Furthermore, I would kindly like to inform you that we offer free Wi-Fi to all our guests.

I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Howell, MI
Reviewed December 6, 2013

When connecting from other European cities through Schipol, I would normally do that in 1 day. This trip I decided instead to fly to Schipol in the evening and travel to the next day to the US. Based on my stay at the Sheraton I will continue to do that whenever feasible. I was welcomed warmly at the front desk, the rooms are very nice and the check out was very efficient. And a short walk to the check-in/departure area of the airport. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Dear Bob B,

Thank you for posting this kind comment on Tripadvisor and for your remarks concerning the effectiveness of the check in and check out. I am happy to read that you were warmly welcomed at the front desk. After a long journey we do our utmost to provide a kind and genuine welcome when arriving at the Sheraton.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write and posting your experience with us.

Hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Kurt Renold.
Gendringen
Reviewed December 5, 2013

This is an example of an hotel that is succesful because of their place connected to Schiphol.
As a frequent user of this chain, I have seen prces going up.
A normal night is around 250 euro and more, but the service is declining, the minibar is vanished, so you need to go out in your PJ when you're graving a coke, to the hall lobby on your floor and get it out of a machine.

Something that is total unworthy for such a pretentiuos hotel.
The business lounge has no longer the warm snacks untill late.
No refill.
The restaurant in the Sheraton is still ok, 27 euro for a breakfast, who has less than before but price went up.

It is not always about making money.

Still the situation of the hotel is sublime, specially for early flights, quick check-out works excellent.
However, to come back on track, Sheraton Schiphol needs to take it a step up.
Specially now the Hilton is building a new hotel in their backyard.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank TravelingBizzMan
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear DennisvdMolen,

Thank you so much for your time posting your review here and your detailed feedback is certainly valuable to our improvement. I really appreciate your loyalty towards our Starwood hotels. In order to offer our guests more options we arrange the refreshment center on each floor from which our guests can have more than 30 different choices in terms of food and beverage, local gifts and even travelling equipment. Furthermore I also would like to kindly inform you that we serve warm snacks in club lounge between 17:00 to 20:00 and we always refill the food and drinks during this time.
Thank you so much again for your honest feedback and I will certainly discuss your comments with my management team in order to offer our best service to all of our guests.

I hope we will see each other soon again.
Kurt Renold
Also consider these accommodations in or near Schiphol
citizenM Schiphol Airport
Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
Hyatt Place Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport
Ibis Budget Amsterdam Airport
NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport

Been to Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!