“Excellent choice for business”

Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Schiphol
GreenLeadersSilver level
Athens, Greece
“Excellent choice for business”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I stayed two nights for business and it's really nice that you don't have to leave airport. Great that wifi is free and there is a decent restaurant. And only con is that there are no spacious resting areas

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank SLOU77
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear SLOU77,

Thank you very much for taking the time to describe your stay with us.

It is a real pleasure to read that that we contributed to your business stay by providing comfort. Furthermore, thank you for your compliment regarding the restaurant. I will make sure to pass your kind words on to the F&B manager.

I hope we may welcome you back soon in our hotel.
Kurt Renold

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Fort Saskatchewan, Canada
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights , we were treated like royality ! Front desk staff great ,Clubroom staff amazing ... Our room was very comfortable ,shower was fantastic. It is very convenient to travel into Amsterdam and was done quickly and with ease . This is a great hotel to stay

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear S-ssal,

I would like to thank you for your warm comment here on tripadvisor.

It is an absolute delight to read that you were provided with an excellent service. I will definitely share your warm words with the Front Office manager. It is always welcome to receive such positive compliments.

I hope you have the opportunity to visit us soon again.
Sassenheim, The Netherlands
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

I went to the restaurant of the Sheraton Hotel at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol for a business lunch. It is the restaurant one floor up from the reception area. It was on a Monday. Not really a typical busy day. the restaurant was not even full for 10%. Soon I found out why. The prices they ask for their dishes is not realistic. Way too expensive. And thank God the windows were closed, because one breeze of fesh air and my salad would have been blown from my plate. The protions are so small. Not to mention the dessert. And the staff are trainees or at least the majority. They don't speak proper English. So no wonder the restaurant was empty. Well one for thing sure, my next lunch is at Gingers at the WTC. At least the portions are good and it has value for money.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Kardien,

Thank you for sharing your recent restaurant experience with us.

I am really sorry to learn that price/ value relation in the restaurant was not up to standard in your opinion. Please be informed that I will definitely follow up on this with the F&B manager and the chef to make sure they revise the salads.

Once more, my sincere gratitude for providing us with your feedback. Nevertheless, I hope we still have your trust and that we may welcome you again in the future.

Canada
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed one night in AMS before heading back over the pond. Usually stay in the city, but because of an early morning departure decided to give this property a go. What a great surprise! It's literally a 5 min walk from the main concourse of the AMS terminal, and you're in your room within ten minutes. Amazing.

Rooms quiet and clean, service professional and friendly.

Would definitely recommend a stay here, especially if you're in transit. Just take the train into the city and come back and stay here!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear LongWayAcross ,

What a delight reading your kind summary of your stay. Thank you for making us happy and of course for having taken a moment of your time to reflect on your experiences.

I am really glad to learn that you and your friends had such an enjoyable and convenient stay with us. A big thank you for this highly motivating compliment and recommendation. And we will certainly share your comments with the entire team.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon again!
Oslo
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Stayed for one night before meetings in NL, as other reviewers point out - very conveniently located, you dont need to go outside from the airport. Good rooms, nice bed, although WiFi signal was very poor on 5th floor, almost to the point of being unusable.

I found the staff very friendly, both at the reception and at the bar.

1 Thank A_Norski_Rus
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear A_Norski_Rus,

I am happy to read you have had satisfactory and convenient stay with us.
We strive to provide all our guests with the adequate facilities and conveniences to enjoy their stay. However, I am sorry to learn that the Wi-Fi reception was not very good. Please be informed that I will definitely follow up on that with the Systems Manager.

I hope to welcome you back soon.

Kurt renold
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 10, 2013

the fact that I could just get out of the plain and go to bed wake up in the morning and get on a train to my meeting was great, I stayed there for one night hotel was night and clean, I would have loved to have a king size bed but this was not available happens to the best of us :-), yet I was surprised when I tried to call the reception at 11:00 PM for about 15 minutes and no one picked up the phone, yet when I walked down they solved my problem right away and with a smile.

Dear Brucegurfein,

First of all, I really appreciate your kind words here on tripadvisor regarding the hotel’s services. It is our pleasure to have provided you with the adequate service which led to a good experience. However, I am sorry to learn that you were not able to contact one of the staff at the reception. Nevertheless, I am happy to read we rapidly took care of this issue.

It would be an honor to welcome you back soon.

With warm regards,
Milan, Italy
Reviewed October 10, 2013

A colleague and I recently had one night in the Netherlands, and the next morning had to get to a place about 40 minutes away by train for an early morning meeting and then get back to catch a flight out. Though fairly expensive in relation to other hotels in the area, the convenience alone justifies it. In addition to that, the hotel staff were friendly and the rooms were nice, comfortable and quiet (free of airplane noise). It was so great to walk over an internal bridge to access the airport terminal and railway station. We did not take up breakfast as it was not included in our high room cost and the cost of a buffet breakfast seemed quite high. With numerous very good eateries for breakfast in the airport terminal, one could have a low cost alternative.

2 Thank StanLipin
Dear StanLipin,

My sincere gratitude for your review in relation to your experience in our hotel.
It is an honor to read that we were able to offer all the conveniences a business guest requires when travelling. Furthermore, thank you very much for your compliment regarding the staff’s friendliness and our rooms. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the housekeeping manager and the staff.

I hope we have the honor of providing you with up to standard service in the near future again.

With warm regards,
Kurt Renold
Also consider these accommodations in or near Schiphol
Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
citizenM Schiphol Airport
Hyatt Place Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport
NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Ibis Budget Amsterdam Airport

Been to Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!