Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Schiphol
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I fly into and stay at the Amsterdam airport a couple of times a year in order to catch an early flight the next morning. The Sheraton at the airport is very convenient as it is connected to the airport. The rooms are clean and quiet and the staff is very friendly and welcoming. The bar is a great place for a light meal with a great bartender. (I actually look forward to seeing the guy.) All in all an easy travel connection experience.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
smitsf, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Dear seeit2,

First of all, thank you very much for giving us a chance to serve you couple of times every year and also thank you for sharing your experience with us. I appreciate it.

Indeed our hotel is the only hotel to have direct access to the Airport and I am glad that you recognize our convenient location. Thank you for your specific comment regarding the friendliness of my team members, I will share your warm thoughts with them.

We look forward to give a warm welcome back soon.

Fred Smits

Write a ReviewReviews (2,030)

Reviewed February 11, 2013

With a late night arrival and an early morning connection on to the Caribbean , I wanted the nearest hotel I could find. The Sheraton fitted the bill perfect. You walk inside the terminal building all the way to the hotels door. The room was clean, warm ( snow on the ground outside) a big comfy bed with good linens and seperate shower and bath. Perfect to our needs. Patrica on reception was very friendley. We could have found cheaper hotels but I wanted easy, and close, to me worth every penny.

1  Thank purserMonaco

Dear purserMonaco,

I would like to thank you for writing a thoughtful review about our hotel on TripAdvisor.

Indeed our hotel is directly connected with the Airport terminal. I am glad to read that my team member made you feel special and that you have had a warm and comfortable stay. I will share your comments with my team members and they will be very happy to hear that.

I wish you a very warm welcome back.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I was here for the sales meeting and I enjoyed my 2-night stay here. Large room and very good breakfast. However I would also prefer free wi-fi in my room as dear Sheraton this does not cost you anything if we are frank. And this is certainly something that always pisses me off in 4/5 star hotels... Maybe there should be additional star for free wi-fi and I am quite sure that in this case they would all offer it for free! :)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Dear SasaNemanic,

Thank you, a senior contributor of TripAdvisor for sharing your experience about our hotel.

I would also like to thank you for your specific comment “Large room and very good breakfast”. I will share it with my team. Regarding internet charges, please be informed that our appreciated guests can use first half an hour free of charge. Furthermore we have 4 terminals in the lobby with complimentary internet access. Charges for additional WIFI access are indeed applicable in our hotel and these charges are aligned throughout our hotels within Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Amsterdam is a great city. I hope you come back soon and I wish you a warm welcome back.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I recently had a one-night stay at the Sheraton for a mini business trip. Check-in was very friendly and welcoming. I was greeted by a porter and checked in by a new associate. What she may have lacked in experience was definitely made up for in friendliness and sincere interest in my visit. The room was great. I stayed in a Club Floor room, which meant I had access to the Club Lounge and breakfast included. There were also some traditional Dutch cookies in the room, which I really appreciated as an expat visiting my home country! I had a snack in the Runway Cafe. There was a really nice vibe going on and I used the computers while having a drink - very convenient. The shower and bed were as comfortable as you would hope and expect from a Sheraton. I chose to have breakfast in the Voyager Restaurant and it was amazing! A large and varied buffet and a warm smile from the breakfast chef. Good way to start the import day I had ahead of me. The team that was in the restaurant in the morning really struck the right balance between having a chat and leaving me to my food. I got to my appointment in the city center in half an hour - also very convenient.
All in all, great value for money and the perfect place for my one-night stay in Amsterdam. I would definitely recommend it to everyone.

Room Tip: Go for the Club Rooms - so you'll get a high floor plus snacks, drinks and internet in the Club...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Hotella89,

Thank you very much for writing such a thoughtful review about your recent stay with us.

I am really proud to read that my team members made you feel at home during your entire stay of one day. I am also glad to read that you chose a Club floor for your room and enjoyed all the benefits of having a Club room. Thanks to our special Sheraton “Sweet Sleeper” bed, you enjoyed a good quality rest. Again thank you for your specific comment regarding breakfast in the Voyager restaurant and about my team members, I will share your thoughts with them.

In closing, I would like to share with you that I am very glad that you would recommend our hotel and I hope that your business brings you back soon to Amsterdam and I wish you a very warm welcome.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

This was all you would expect of a Sheraton - comfortable rooms, hot powerful showers, comfortable bed, great breakfast, and a very convenient location. BUT, there is one outrageous drawback - it is OBSCENE to charge €19 for a day's WiFi and €35 for two days. In most good hotels in USA, Asia and UK, this is, and is expected to be, free (its cost to the hotel is minimal!). Airport hotels are frequented by business travelers who require to be online continuously, so the free 30 minutes on offer is worthless to most of us. So, Sheraton, get you act together, and remove this stealth tax on your room rates. It is outrageous to charge this in 2013!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
smitsf, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear Kenneth S,

I would like to thank you, a top contributor of TripAdvisor for sharing you experience with us.

It is always great to hear that our appreciated guests appreciate our services. Thanks to our special Sweet Sleeper beds, you enjoy a good night rest. I am glad that you enjoyed “hot powerful shower”. I would like to share with you that we have recently placed King Size beds in multiple rooms. So, I would recommend you to ask for an upgrade upon your next visit to a King Size bed with an airport view which will double the joy of Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed.

About internet charges, indeed our appreciated guests can use first half an hour free of charge. Furthermore we have 4 terminals in the lobby with complimentary internet access. Charges for additional WIFI access are indeed applicable in our hotel and these charges are aligned throughout our hotels within Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

I hope to give you a very warm welcome back soon to the great city of Amsterdam.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I stayed here for three nights recently , I have stayed here several times , my companies office is very near , and its very convenient , it has great beds , quiet rooms, foods OK , bar service is fine, and the wifi works etc. No major issues with anything really,and super convenient as you dont even leave the terminal building.

However check in both times has been slow, niggly and very long, i checked in, there was an issue I could not understand , in short I was part of a group booking, but some how they had me as a no show for the night before which was a ten minute discussion, and the time before I checked out and said could they bill me for breakfast , they didn't and I was pounced on and had to go through a long rigmarole of identifying myself even though I had just checked out and sorting out if they had billed me (they hadn't even though I had said add it to my bill on check out) , and by which time I didn't even have time to eat. Very annoying basically. Its very convenient , and all the facilities are there, its just check in/out i must be unlucky but there is always an issue and the check in /out staff cant deal with anything , they always disappear for ages and then reappear with someone who says exactly what they just said .

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear jonnyboy012,

I am very thankful to you for sharing your feedback about our hotel. It is always good to hear your voice which helps us in improving our service to an optimum level.

I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the discomfort you felt regarding your breakfast and check-out issue. This is certainly not the standard we stand for. I am going to follow up on that with the related departments.

I would like to welcome you again in near future to show you the improvements and standards we stand for. Please do share your experience after your next stay with us.

Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Excellent food and service for both dinner and breakfast. Hotel room was very clean but basic. Expensive hotel, paying for the location. Internet wasn't free which was disappointing for the cost of the room.

• Stayed: January 2013

Dear Londondiners,

Thank you for staying with us for your recent stay to Amsterdam and writing a review here on TripAdvisor.

I am proud that you found our service and food to be “Excellent”. As far as the internet prices are concerned, please be informed that we have the first half hour WIFI free of charge for our guests. Furthermore we have 4 terminals in the lobby with complimentary internet access. Charges for additional WIFI access are indeed applicable in our hotel and these charges are aligned throughout our hotels within Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

I hope to give a warm welcome again to serve our excellent food and service.

Fred Smits

Also consider these accommodations in or near Schiphol
Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
citizenM Schiphol Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel Amsterdam Airport
Hyatt Place Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
2 mi away
NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Van der Valk Hotel Schiphol

Been to Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!