Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Schiphol
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 31, 2011

The smell, the freshness and the smiles....it always feels good to enter the lobby. After the hectic of schiphol this oasis of quiet is more than soothing. The Rooms offer a great view on an extremely busy airport. The choice of drinks in the lounge is limited as well is the food. But where there's light there's shadow! When in Amsterdam I stay at the Sheraton and deal with commuting into the city....it's worth it!

Room Tip: Runway view rooms on a high floor.
1  Thank RuediAbtwil_Schweiz
smitsf, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2011

Dear appreciated guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your lovely comment on tripadvisor! We are very proud to learn you enjoyed your stay. We are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed October 21, 2011

I live in the Netherlands, and every time I have to travel somewhere from Schiphol Airport very early in the morning, I check-in at this hotel the night before. Accomodation is excellent, staff is very attentive to your needs, and in the morning you feel fresh and ready to go to gates which takes 20 minutes at maximum, including security check.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Cristiano_9
smitsf, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2011

Dear appreciated guest,

Thank you for sharing your comment on tripadvisor. We are very proud to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed October 18, 2011

Stayed there this summer with my wife on a overnight layover before catching a flight to the United States after 2 weeks in Europe. This is an airport hotel and one expectations should be aligned with that. This is place where people arrive, eat, drink, rest and shower with minimal hassle before heading out on the next leg of their journey.

This hotel rates very highly in that category. It is very short walk from the airport and was easy to find. The Hotel is modern and clean. We received prompt and courteous service at check-in. My wife and I had a drink at the bar. The bartender was personable and attentive but not chatty. I consider this a plus at an airport hotel. After traveling for two weeks, I just wanted to enjoy a quiet drink with my wife. The room were spacious and adequately appointed. The beds were very comfortable. Most importantly it was quite. We enjoyed a great night sleep and best of all had a leisurely walk to the back terminal in the morning without the usual concerns around arranging airport transportation. The only downside was that I thought it was pricey at over $300 a night ( although I didn't have to pay for cabs to and from the airport)

If you are looking for a destination hotel and to experience Amsterdam, I would recommend staying closer to city center. As an airport hotel it was excellent and we will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank FirstClass59

Dear appreciated guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your comment on tripadvisor. We are proud to learn you had a comfortable stay with us, where you could enjoy a great night sleep and relax before your flight.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again in the future!

Reviewed October 16, 2011

It's literally a 2 minute walk to the inside of the airport/train station. Many stores are located close by and a starbucks. Hotel was very nice, comfortable rooms with modern contemp design. Ate at the voyager restaurant which had good quality food but over priced, and service was lacking, I saw many customers complain about the service including myself. It is a 50 euro taxi ride to the tourist area (or 15 euro train ticket) so keep that in mind if you are spending any time for sight seeing it would make sense to stay elsewhere. For an overnight stay I would stay here again.

Dear Appreciated guest,

Thank you very much for your comment on tripadvisor. We are sorry to learn the restaurant was not up to standards. Please accept our sincere apologies for the situation. Your comments have been communicated to the related department for a thoroughly follow up.

We hope we can welcome you again in the future and provide you with the quality products and services you are entitled to as our valued guest!

Reviewed October 11, 2011

I arrived on a flight from Heathrow, there was quite a queue at check in and it took about 15 minutes to get to the reception desk. The manner adopted by the check in staff is very 'indifferent'.

The rooms are functional and clean. They serve a purpose for a hotel near the airport that offers convenience to Business travellers. The hotel is conveniently located just through the arrivals area and up an access elevator, so no commute to the hotel. However a trip into Amsterdam City area will cost you between 40 - 50 euros, each way.

The hotel bar is welcoming, again even if the staff are a little 'indifferent'.

Does what it says on the tin really.....

Room Tip: All are functional - I guess the higher up the better.....
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
smitsf, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2011

Dear appreciated guest,

Thank you for your comment at tripadvisor.

Perhaps it is nice for you to know that it is also possible to take the train to Amsterdam City. This will take approximately 20 minutes and costs only 3,70 euro. The train station is located in the Schiphol plaza, only a few minute walk from the hotel.

We were sorry to learn you did not feel that our staff genuinely cared for you. Hopefully we get the chance to show you that our staff does care during your next visit!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed October 4, 2011

The convenience factor can't be beat especially if you from the States and have a flight out in the morning.

I can't count the number of times I have returned my rental car and gone up a couple floors to the hotel. It is literally almost right over the rental car park.

The hotel is good for an airport hotel. What's fantastic is that you can walk over the cover overpass to the terminal. There you will find a market, some nice bars and a few places to get prepared food. If you have a desire to go into Amsterdam there are trains every few minutes. For me I am usually at the end of a tough business trip, and ready to relax.

24 hour room service and fitness center.

• Stayed: July 2011
smitsf, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2011

Dear appreciated guest,

Thank you for your stay with us and sharing your fantastic comments on tripadvisor.

The hotel is indeed ideally situated, only a few minute walk from the Schiphol Plaza. Perhaps it is nice for you to know that our Runway Café also serves quick dishes and has a nice bar.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again during your next trip!

Reviewed September 25, 2011

I always use this hotel when I am returning from Europe to US on business trip. It’s a very conveniently located hotel and the room and service are very good. The hotel is attached to the airport and there is no need to take a shuttle or bus as it’s at walking distance from any gate. I like that it connects to the shopping area of the airport. The bedroom is very comfortable and clean with a flat panel TV with different international channels. The bathroom is nicely done offering bath tub and a separate shower so you can choose what you like (I always prefer shower). It’s a very quiet place despite it’s on the airport and I never heard planes. The attached restaurant is nice but has a somewhat limited choice on the menu and wine list. I never really used the other amenities of this hotel as I am always in transit for just one night. Bottom line for me, I like a lot the relaxing night in this place after a busy work week and on my way back to home.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

Dear appreciated guest,

Thank you for your frequent stays in our hotel and your lovely comments!

All of our hotel rooms are equipped with the best sound-proof windows, in order to ensure a quiet room. This, in combination with our Sweet Sleeper bed, will guarantee a good night sleep!

We were very sorry to learn you found the choices on the menu and wine list limited. Perhaps it is nice for you to know that in our Voyager restaurant, located on the Atrium level of the hotel, we serve a fine dining menu. This restaurant also serves an extensive list of wines by the glass.

On behalf of our team, we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future. If there is anything else we can assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Fred Smits

Also consider these accommodations in or near Schiphol
Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
citizenM Schiphol Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel Amsterdam Airport
Hyatt Place Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Van der Valk Hotel Schiphol
NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport

Been to Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!