“So great!!! A must if you need convenience at Schiphol” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center

You added Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Schiphol Boulevard 101, 1118 BG Schiphol, The Netherlands   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Schiphol
GreenLeadersSilver level
stouffville
“So great!!! A must if you need convenience at Schiphol”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

My husband and I stayed 2 nights during a European trip, however they were not back to back nights. They kept our extra baggage in their luggage room until we returned. No charge for that. So convenient. We came in late by plane, walked directly to the hotel. (All inside). We checked in, they offered us an upgrade for 30Euro, which gave us access to the Club Lounge, food, drinks (alcoholic and non alcoholic), and free internet access, as well as an upgraded room. Our room was beautiful and clean. The view to the airport was great. We were on the 8th floor. The only complaint I have is their pillows. Not my taste for sleeping. Sooooo sound proof. Planes land and take off at all hours, but not a noise was heard. We slept with our curtains open so I could see the planes coming and going. We ordered room service coffee only in the morning, and off we went to breakfast. Lovely lovely breakfast room. Check out was smooth, they wished us a good trip and off we went. When we checked in for our second stay we were late arriving again, however this time by train. Again walk to hotel all indoors, checked in, did not take the upgrade this time, as we were only going to be in the hotel for about 5 hours. We had an early international flight in the morning. Wake up call came and off we went. Wonderful hotel if you need the convenience of being at the airport within minutes. (Depends on how fast you walk). Literally! Good value for the money, and you can't go wrong with Sheraton hotels, or at least in our experience.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
smitsf, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, June 9, 2011
Dear Appreciated Guest,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us on TripAdvisor. It is truly gratifying to receive such great reviews!

I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us on both occasions. It is a shame you could not enjoy all our facilities like the Fitness area that has a sauna/steam room. At Sheraton we understand the needs of the traveler and it is therefore that we try to make all our guests’ stays as stress-free as possible. Watching the airplanes at night can be very calming and also quite entertaining for some. I personally love watching the sunset from the Club Lounge.

Next time if you have Club Lounge access, it might even be worthwhile to have your breakfast in the Club Lounge itself. Regarding the pillows, we are actually in the process of getting newly branded pillows to replace the ones we currently have. As a standard however we provide all rooms with a feather and non-allergenic pillow (one hard and one soft).

On behalf of all the associates here at Sheraton, we are eagerly awaiting your return!

Fred Smits

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

I think this is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in, and I've stayed in plenty of good hotels for business and leisure. On this trip I had a two night stay (27th/28th May) splitting my time between visiting friends in The Hague and some sightseeing in Amsterdam, having visited both places a number of times.

This is a really nice hotel which happens to be on an airport. So many airport hotels are tired, run down and overpriced but this isn't one of them. It's actually on the airport, only a few minutes walk from arrivals/departures. If that is the only reason for you to stay there then it is good enough. No waiting around for shuttles.
You are also a couple of minutes walk from the station and can get to Amsterdam in fifteen minutes, The Hague in thirty and to plenty of other places very easily. If the aim of your trip is just to visit Amsterdam, even for the first time then consider staying here as it is so easy to get in and a lot quieter. I'll never stay in Amsterdam again after staying here.
The hotel looks great with a huge central atrium and looks so new throughout.
I had a standard (deluxe) room (427) which had really comfortable beds, smart furniture and a bathroom with a separate shower, instead of the over bath shower which seems common in hotels. It had efficient and quiet air conditioning. It was spotlessly clean. .And the room was QUIET. Not only did you not hear anything from outside you barely heard anything from inside, even from out in the hallway. There is a coffee/tea station on each floor with good quality coffee, better I think than having little sachets of coffee in your room.
I never had the chance to eat there but there is enough choice between the restaurant, cafe, and in room dining. There are also plenty of places to eat at the station/airport.
Apart from the convenient location, the comfortable rooms and the facilities the other great thing about this hotel was the service. From the Australian lady who checked me in to the room attendant who wished me a good morning with a genuine smile the standard of service was first class, professional and friendly. It must be a nice place to work.
I look forward to returning on my next trip to the Netherlands.

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Deon_Wagener, Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, June 3, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our hotel on TripAdvisor. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback!
We are so happy to hear that you would prefer to stay with us rather than a city center hotel. Schiphol Airport provides for some great shopping with the benefit of having it under one roof! Of course being only a short walk away from the airport terminals also helps!

Our employees are the foundation of this company. We strive to give warm, professional and friendly service to each and every guest that passes through our doors. I will certainly pass on your wonderful comments to team as this will undoubtedly encourage them to keep up the good work! Hopefully next time you would be able to try our cuisine. You can’t go wrong with our Sheraton Burger, it is quite renowned here!

We look forward to welcoming you back. May your next stay with us be just as memorable!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

I travel frequently to the Netherlands and often stay at the Schiphol Sheraton, particularly when I need to visit different cities in the Netherlands. Practically every train in Holland goes through Schiphol so it is the hub of the public transport network!

The hotel itself is very easily reached from the airport terminal being a 50m walk. The rooms have recently had a refurb and are very comfortable. The curtains black out any light if you want but I quite like leaving the curtains open and seeing the traffic on the airfield. There is total soundproofing so you hear no noise from outside. For SPG Platinum guests free internet access is offered along with Club lounge access (which is also obviously available if you are staying in a club room). The Lounge is great - they do a pretty good breakfast spread in the morning and in the evening beer/wine and nibbles plus a couple of bottles of spirits were left out on my most recent trip for people to help themselves. Whilst the lounge is unmanned in the evening, the staff are pretty good at checking whether the bottles/snacks need replacing etc.

Couple of words of warning though
- the main restaurant is exhorbitantly priced - the more casual restaurant by reception is much cheaper.
- check-in/-out queues can be long particularly if you arrive at reception at the same time as the crew off a long-haul flight (most of the airlines use the hotel)

The gym is adequate but it would be nice to see a swimming pool at the hotel - unfortunately they are a rare feature in Amsterdam hotels!

Room Tip: High floor/outward facing
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
marly_vanlierop, Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, May 20, 2011
Dear appreciated guest,
It is a pleasure to read your feedback on trip advisor. How wonderful that you always experienced a pleasant stay with us and that you enjoy the club lounge facilities. We would like to inform you, that we have the possibility for an express checkout. As one of our Platinum Guest you have the opportunity to check in and checkout in our club lounge between 7am till 1pm and 6pm till 8pm. On behalf of our team, we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future if there is anything else we can assist you with please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Warm regards.
Marly van Lierop
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

We have been more than once in this hotel and it was as always: Very good rooms, nice bed and a very friendly staf. Everyone is helpfull and if you call guestservice they give you the service you want. The food was also good.
So I am sure that we will visit this hotel again.

Room Tip: Every room is good
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank obianyor
Deon_Wagener, Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, May 20, 2011
Dear Appreciated Guest,

We are always happy to receive positive feedback from our guests as this is great motivation to keep up the good work for our associates. At the Sheraton Hotel we strive to provide warm, friendly and professional service to all our guests in order to create a genuinely pleasant experience. We will share your appreciated comments with our team.

May your next stay with us be just as memorable!

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2011

I recently stayed at the Sheraton at Schiphol airport for one night before catching my plane.

The rooms were very comfortable and modern. The entire hotel is well maintained and looks very new or newly remodeled which is very nice. The climate control worked well, it was very quiet which is rough for an airport hotel although this one managed to pull it off.

My floor had a coffee and espresso machine which is very nice as there are no coffee making facilities in the room. The bed was very comfortable and the room had a flat screen LCD TV with a good number of channels. The bathroom is really nice with a full sized tub and separate stand up shower.

The room has good WiFi but it costs quite a bit. I am not sure why hotels still charge for WiFi, its pretty annoying but at least when you pay for it, it works. I had room service and the food was quite good and made it up to the room pretty quick.

The desk is helpful but really slow, something you wouldn't expect at an airport hotel with allot of people coming and going but plan to wait a while to check in. Also, the up-sells they run through at the desk such as the breakfast package for about $50 has you watching you bill the entire stay as nothing is free here.

Aside from the pricey extras, it was a pleasant night sleep before a long flight which is what you are looking for at an airport hotel to start with. I would definitely return.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to have learnt that you had a pleasant stay before departing on a long flight!
We recently finished some remodeling in the rooms so we are pleased you found it comfortable and modern.
Your positive comments will most certainly be passed on to our chef’s and room service colleagues! The wireless Internet is still charged at the moment, but we do provide the Link@Sheraton where guests are able to make use of free Internet. We will however keep your suggestion in mind for the future.
I will personally look into the matter regarding the slow check-in, and when you visit us again we will do our utmost to provide a hassle free check-in. Perhaps for your next stay, it might be noteworthy to visit our homepage beforehand and browse through some of the promotions/offers we have.

As you would return to our hotel, we are eagerly awaiting your arrival!

Zionsville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

I spent an evening at the Sheraton Amsterdam and had quite a pleasurable experience. It's a bit expensive but worth the extra cost based upon its proximity to Schiphol (connected via a walkway). I had a flight departing at 8am to the States so the ability to simply walk to the airport in 5 minutes and check-in was convenient.

From the hotel I also managed to use the tram system from the airport to travel into Amsterdam Central station for dinner with colleagues and then back to the hotel afterwards.

The rooms were in good condiditon. The hallways are a bit dated and beginning to show some wear but the rooms and main areas are in very good condition. The only disappointment I had were the lack of amenities in the workout facility - no steam room or pool but otherwise adequate.

I'll use this hotel again - I've stayed at the Sheraton AMS more than 6 times in the last 4 years.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Dear Loyal Guest,

We would like to thank you for your positive review about our hotel. One of the biggest benefits of our hotel is indeed its convenient location.
The rooms underwent a small renovation not long ago, so we are pleased you find this to your liking. Indeed we do not have a pool in the hotel, but we do provide our guests with both a sauna and a steam room. I truly hope that you will have the pleasure to experience these facilities upon your next stay.

Overall, we were very glad to have learnt that you had a pleasurable experience while staying at our hotel and we look forward to your return!

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

Great hotel connected to the train station, airport, and bus access. Although this hotel is not centrally located in Amsterdam it allows you access (fairly cheap) to public transportation to go where you need to. In the mornings I am able to catch the bus to where my office is and catch one back in the evenings. You are able to take the train for a decent fee to the Central Station or other stations depending on where you would like to go.

The rooms are maintained well with very comfortable beds. The selection of English channels is more than I have seen in other hotels.

The fitness room and sauna/steam room are very well maintained and never very crowded. If you get a chance to stay in the club rooms, do it as the club lounge is very well worth it. The breakfasts are good and if you would like to eat in the club lounge the selection is still enough to be happy.

Room service is quick and food is hot and tastes great. I stay here many times during the year and will continue to stay here.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Dear Appreciated Business Guest,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us on TripAdvisor. Our location on Schiphol Airport is indeed very attractive for our guests and we are very happy to read that you enjoyed the variety of channels offered in the room.
How wonderful that you have had a pleasant experience in our Club Lounge and in one of our club rooms. We will share your nice comment with our chef’s in the kitchen and room service colleagues.
Perhaps it is interesting for you to know that we have a new concept in our Sheraton Fitness & Spa; Core Performance. The Core Performance delivers workouts and can be personalized in training programs via their website. For more information please see our Sheraton Homepage.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Deon Wagener
Also consider these accommodations in or near Schiphol
Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
citizenM Schiphol Airport
Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam
Hotel ibis Amsterdam Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel Amsterdam Airport
Hyatt Place Amsterdam Schiphol Airport

Been to Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!