I think this is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in, and I've stayed in plenty of good hotels for business and leisure. On this trip I had a two night stay (27th/28th May) splitting my time between visiting friends in The Hague and some sightseeing in Amsterdam, having visited both places a number of times.
This is a really nice hotel which happens to be on an airport. So many airport hotels are tired, run down and overpriced but this isn't one of them. It's actually on the airport, only a few minutes walk from arrivals/departures. If that is the only reason for you to stay there then it is good enough. No waiting around for shuttles.
You are also a couple of minutes walk from the station and can get to Amsterdam in fifteen minutes, The Hague in thirty and to plenty of other places very easily. If the aim of your trip is just to visit Amsterdam, even for the first time then consider staying here as it is so easy to get in and a lot quieter. I'll never stay in Amsterdam again after staying here.
The hotel looks great with a huge central atrium and looks so new throughout.
I had a standard (deluxe) room (427) which had really comfortable beds, smart furniture and a bathroom with a separate shower, instead of the over bath shower which seems common in hotels. It had efficient and quiet air conditioning. It was spotlessly clean. .And the room was QUIET. Not only did you not hear anything from outside you barely heard anything from inside, even from out in the hallway. There is a coffee/tea station on each floor with good quality coffee, better I think than having little sachets of coffee in your room.
I never had the chance to eat there but there is enough choice between the restaurant, cafe, and in room dining. There are also plenty of places to eat at the station/airport.
Apart from the convenient location, the comfortable rooms and the facilities the other great thing about this hotel was the service. From the Australian lady who checked me in to the room attendant who wished me a good morning with a genuine smile the standard of service was first class, professional and friendly. It must be a nice place to work.
I look forward to returning on my next trip to the Netherlands.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly connected to Amsterdam Airport Schiphol via a covered walkway, Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center is located less than 5 minutes from airport's arrival and departures halls, providing ultimate convenience to walk between the hotel, the terminals and other services at Airport City Schiphol. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood EMEA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel Haarlemmermeer
- Amsterdam Sheraton
- Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel And Conference Center Schiphol, Haarlemmermeer