“Great Airport Food”

Cafe Amsterdam
Ranked #22 of 34 Restaurants in Schiphol
Cuisines: Dutch
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I always seem to be at this airport early in the morning. Previously I belonged to the Delta/KLM clubs (great places!) so no need to get to a different restaurant. But no more. This was a great find and gets you set for your trip.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Maybe it's because I had only one small meal, a couple of peanuts, and a few shot glasses of Coke on my 8 hour Delta flight from the states, but the breakfast of scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage and a full glass of OJ really recharged the batteries.

The cook was laid back but still quick and professional, everything was the perfect temperature.

The cashier was very efficient in checking people out. Even put up with this stupid American that tried using his card in the Euro slot (Like the guy ahead of me in line did) instead of using the swipe. "No worries happens everyday. Enjoy your meal."

It's a little on the expensive side but worth the price nonetheless.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Steak done on skewers hanging was very tasty and the presentation was excellent. I enjoyed having my dinner in style before heading on my next flight. The service was fast.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

The cafe was very busy. You can order food from a short order grill or you can select something from behind a counter with deli items. I chose the Dutch apple cake and I was blown away by how delicious it was. It had firm apples with perfectly sweet topping. If you go here and you like apples, pie and cake, you should try it.

1  Thank Allen S
Reviewed August 31, 2013

In America we are used to service with a smile. In Europe it is service with a certain level of arrogance depending on the servers personality. Was there for breakfast this morning (Sept. 1, 2013) one waiter and one waitress competing who can be more arrogant!
My wife asked for a glass of water, the waitress, after about 3 minutes came by with a glass of water and a beer for a table next to us, we asked for our glass of water and she stood in the middle of the restaurant waving her hands and loudly syaing that she is trying to serve every one! few minutes later the glass of water came in...at the end I asked for the bill and the male waiter had the guts to ask for a tip!
At an airport, usually your choices are limited so you have to live with this..food was mediocre

1  Thank TexasTourist2013