“Nice airport hotel for transit”

Yotel Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Room was as i expected (based from hotel site and reviews in TA). Basic room for you to catch up some snooze while waiting for the flight. The room's lay out is superb in terms of utilizing its limited space.

Shower heater is working properly, too! Great for freshening up before heading for your next flight.

We got the standard cabin and we fit into it well (asian couple). Once the laptop table is set up, there's adequate space for luggage.

Complimentary wifi and coffee/tea is a plus! :)

Staff was very accommodating and helpful. Our check in time is at 8am but they allowed us to get in by 7am.

The only downside, the faucet and the shower once turned off gives a "gawking sound" which can be disturbing if your companion is sleeping.

All in all, we are happy we got the room instead of sitting in hotel benches for 8hrs!

• Stayed: October 2013
YotelHQ, General Manager at Yotel Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for this great review.

Really happy to read you had a great stay and appreciated the free coffee and tea..

Have a good one

Best regards,

Reviewed September 29, 2013

It was quite small than I expected, but it was good enough for a small asian girl:p
Actually I thought this hotel has completely automated system for checking-in and all those kinds of services, cuz I've read the information that I need to check in with a machine from Yotel website. But, the machine was not working when I arrived to the hotel, so I had to struggle with it:( after 5times of trial(to check in), I was in mental collapse, but suddenly heard a voice behind me! He said he was keep calling me to help me, but I was nervous, so couldn't heard him. Anyway, the staff(I think his name is Daniel?? not sure cuz it was quite long time ago) helped me so much so I want to say "I appreciate!!" if he still works there:p

btw the room was clean and quite cozy, so if I go to Holland again and my flight leaves early, I will stay there again!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Hi Lucy,

Great review. Many thanks for this.

I hope you had a safe flight.

See you soon

Warm regards,

Reviewed September 27, 2013

The Yotel is perfectly located in Terminal 2 next to restaurants and shops. Although the cabins are about 10 square meters in size -and that including the bathroom- they are cleverly designed to afford the guest adequate room to move around and all the essential amenities required. There was even space for 4 pieces of luggage. My husband is by no means small man and I am of average size. The bed appeared at first to be small but we found it to be satisfactory for one short night. The whole cabin was spotless. The staff was friendly and helpful.
The cost of the ‘Premium Double Cabin’ was 108 Euro which is alright for the location. The disadvantage was getting back to the check in counters in the morning. The hotel is in the secure area of the airport and we had to clear the passport control in order to get there. Consequently we had to get out again in the morning with all our luggage to check in for our flight. We found that quite awkward.
It would be perfect if you are in transit.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Reiseteam,

Thank you for your time and efforts to write this review.
Really great.

Hope to see you soon again

Kind regards,

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I had a 12 hour layover in Amsterdam to get back to the USA from Rome, and needed to be able to function when I arrived home so I decided to try the Yotel since it was in the airport. This is the first time I have every stayed in one of these hotels that offer rooms that are more like train or small ship cabins. Everyone associated with the hotel was delightful. The room was exactly as advertised - very small but designed to offer everything you need - shower, sink, toilet, desk, and bed. The bed was close to the floor which can be a bit of a challenge depending on your age, but once in it was very comfortable. Overall an excellent choice for convenience and cost.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
YotelHQ, Manager at Yotel Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear tscollet,

thank you very much for your feedback. We are always happy to hear when our guests enjoy their stay at Yotel.
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with rest of the world. This means a lot to our business

Kind regards

Reviewed September 21, 2013

We found ourselves in Amsterdam airport with a 12 hour layover after delayed flights from the USA and were trying to figure out what to do. We had been traveling for more than 24 hours and were nearly brain dead. So when we discovered the Yotel, we checked it out. It is a totally neat concept that has been engineered for comfort and efficiency. In a tiny little space that was 12 sq meters-- not much bigger than my closet at home, however, we had a sink, toilet, shower and a fabulously clean, comfortable bed in air conditioned comfort. It felt like a cocoon and we loved it. We showered, climbed into bed and rested. They even supplied an alarm clock so we wouldn't miss our next flight to Nairobi. This is a concept that is brilliant as the cost is very reasonable.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Joyce M
YotelHQ, Manager at Yotel Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Dear Maggie,

thank you very much for your positive feedback. It is always great to hear that Yotel was 'just what you needed'.
We hope to see you again soon.

Best regards

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We had 23 hours of layover in Schipol. We had a tiring 2 months in Africa, having to start straight back at school and work once back in Canada. This was wonderful for showers and much needed sleep. We rented two double rooms, one for the boys and one for us. The free wi fi was also something appreciated. We enjoyed free coffee and tea. Restaurants at your door step practically. Shopping at your doorstep too!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SoneroAB

Dear Sonero,

thank you for your positive feedback. We are happy to here that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I have twice now used the Yotel inside Schipol to allow me to take a late London/Schipol flight, quickly check into the Yotel inside the Schipol Terminal to get a good night's sleep and leave in time to make an 08;00 meeting in downtown Amsterdam, The Schipol Yotel serivce is excellent.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
YotelHQ, Manager at Yotel Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear Richard,

thank you very much for your positive feedback. We are happy that you enjoy to stay at Yotel and it means a lot to us that you share your positive feedback with the rest of the world.

We hope to welcome you again soon.

Best regards

Lonneke Altan

Also consider these accommodations in or near Schiphol
citizenM Schiphol Airport
Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center
Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport
Ibis Budget Amsterdam Airport
Hyatt Place Amsterdam Schiphol Airport

Been to Yotel Amsterdam Schiphol Airport? Share your experiences!