“good enough for staying a half day”

Yotel Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
“good enough for staying a half day”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

It was quite small than I expected, but it was good enough for a small asian girl:p
Actually I thought this hotel has completely automated system for checking-in and all those kinds of services, cuz I've read the information that I need to check in with a machine from Yotel website. But, the machine was not working when I arrived to the hotel, so I had to struggle with it:( after 5times of trial(to check in), I was in mental collapse, but suddenly heard a voice behind me! He said he was keep calling me to help me, but I was nervous, so couldn't heard him. Anyway, the staff(I think his name is Daniel?? not sure cuz it was quite long time ago) helped me so much so I want to say "I appreciate!!" if he still works there:p

btw the room was clean and quite cozy, so if I go to Holland again and my flight leaves early, I will stay there again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
YotelHQ, General Manager at Yotel Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Hi Lucy,

Great review. Many thanks for this.

I hope you had a safe flight.

See you soon

Warm regards,
Dennis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Hebrew first
Bad Pyrmont, Germany
Reviewed September 27, 2013

The Yotel is perfectly located in Terminal 2 next to restaurants and shops. Although the cabins are about 10 square meters in size -and that including the bathroom- they are cleverly designed to afford the guest adequate room to move around and all the essential amenities required. There was even space for 4 pieces of luggage. My husband is by no means small man and I am of average size. The bed appeared at first to be small but we found it to be satisfactory for one short night. The whole cabin was spotless. The staff was friendly and helpful.
The cost of the ‘Premium Double Cabin’ was 108 Euro which is alright for the location. The disadvantage was getting back to the check in counters in the morning. The hotel is in the secure area of the airport and we had to clear the passport control in order to get there. Consequently we had to get out again in the morning with all our luggage to check in for our flight. We found that quite awkward.
It would be perfect if you are in transit.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Reiseteam,

Thank you for your time and efforts to write this review.
Really great.

Hope to see you soon again

Kind regards,
Dennis
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I had a 12 hour layover in Amsterdam to get back to the USA from Rome, and needed to be able to function when I arrived home so I decided to try the Yotel since it was in the airport. This is the first time I have every stayed in one of these hotels that offer rooms that are more like train or small ship cabins. Everyone associated with the hotel was delightful. The room was exactly as advertised - very small but designed to offer everything you need - shower, sink, toilet, desk, and bed. The bed was close to the floor which can be a bit of a challenge depending on your age, but once in it was very comfortable. Overall an excellent choice for convenience and cost.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
YotelHQ, Manager at Yotel Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear tscollet,

thank you very much for your feedback. We are always happy to hear when our guests enjoy their stay at Yotel.
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with rest of the world. This means a lot to our business

Kind regards
Western North Carolina
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We found ourselves in Amsterdam airport with a 12 hour layover after delayed flights from the USA and were trying to figure out what to do. We had been traveling for more than 24 hours and were nearly brain dead. So when we discovered the Yotel, we checked it out. It is a totally neat concept that has been engineered for comfort and efficiency. In a tiny little space that was 12 sq meters-- not much bigger than my closet at home, however, we had a sink, toilet, shower and a fabulously clean, comfortable bed in air conditioned comfort. It felt like a cocoon and we loved it. We showered, climbed into bed and rested. They even supplied an alarm clock so we wouldn't miss our next flight to Nairobi. This is a concept that is brilliant as the cost is very reasonable.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Joyce M
YotelHQ, Manager at Yotel Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Dear Maggie,

thank you very much for your positive feedback. It is always great to hear that Yotel was 'just what you needed'.
We hope to see you again soon.

Best regards
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We had 23 hours of layover in Schipol. We had a tiring 2 months in Africa, having to start straight back at school and work once back in Canada. This was wonderful for showers and much needed sleep. We rented two double rooms, one for the boys and one for us. The free wi fi was also something appreciated. We enjoyed free coffee and tea. Restaurants at your door step practically. Shopping at your doorstep too!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SoneroAB
Dear Sonero,

thank you for your positive feedback. We are happy to here that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Kind regards
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I have twice now used the Yotel inside Schipol to allow me to take a late London/Schipol flight, quickly check into the Yotel inside the Schipol Terminal to get a good night's sleep and leave in time to make an 08;00 meeting in downtown Amsterdam, The Schipol Yotel serivce is excellent.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
YotelHQ, Manager at Yotel Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Richard,

thank you very much for your positive feedback. We are happy that you enjoy to stay at Yotel and it means a lot to us that you share your positive feedback with the rest of the world.

We hope to welcome you again soon.

Best regards

Lonneke Altan
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed September 7, 2013

The Yotel is not easy to find in at Schipol but you will get there. It seems as if you are leaving the secure area of the airport but you are not. We flew into Schipol from Italy and were able to leave the following morning without going through security. Beware that the restaurants around the Yotel close at 9pm. Much earlier than we planned. When you do make purchases an outbound boarding pass is required as you are in the international area of the airport. This allows these purchases to be duty free. The Yotel room is small, but very functional. A detail to note is that the "wall" between the bed area and the bathroom area is really a glass wall. It provides no privacy, if that is a concern you should be aware.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
YotelHQ, General Manager at Yotel Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Hi jill,

Would like to thank you for your time to write this review.

Thank you very much.

Hope to see you soon again.

Best regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Schiphol
citizenM Schiphol Airport
Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center
Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport
Ibis Budget Amsterdam Airport
Hyatt Place Amsterdam Schiphol Airport

Been to Yotel Amsterdam Schiphol Airport? Share your experiences!