“Different!!”

Yotel Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I usually stay overnight at AMS to catch my connecting flight to delhi while coming back from Central or south America.YOtel offers you a nice and cozy overnight(8 to16 hrs) accommodation in the same price as compared to what other are offering for 12 hrs.
If you are bored to staying at usual hotels then yotel can make a difference. They also offer you complimentary coffee and multiple channel english channel to watch on TV.

If you have non European electronic adapters then Yotel will offer you a panel with sockets from round the world.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
YotelHQ, Customer Service Assistant at Yotel Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write such positive comments about YOTEL.

YOTEL prides itself on being different, the price of our cabins depends on the duration of hours a customer wishes to stay for and therefore we believe we offer a product of great value.

Another detail that we believes makes us different from other hotels is that we offer complimentary hot drinks. We understand that many people in transit need something to wake them up or relax them, and a nice hot drink, coffee or camomile tea usually does the trick.

You can also find our YOTEL hotels in Gatwick and Heathrow airport. Also last year we opened our first city hotel in New York.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us at YOTEL and hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

After several layovers in Schipol this year, I finally decided to give the Yotel a try on another 7 hour layover. It was worth it!

I would recommend making a reservation ahead of time, since the rooms were all booked when I first showed up. After a short hour wait, one became available.

The standard rooms are very small (like advertised), but they make great use of the space. It's a fun experience being in a tiny little cabin with all the necessities close at hand. This was the perfect place to cozy up in the little bed and get a solid 3 hour nap followed by a very refreshing shower before catching my next flight. I would recommend making use of the free earplugs, since the close proximity of the other rooms means you hear lots of thuds and bumps as you try to fall asleep. People walking through the small hallways also make a lot of noise.

Kudos to Yotel for making the rooms capable of being almost completely dark- this helped my jetlagged self get to sleep right away. Also loved the strong water pressure, and free wifi and coffee.

I will most likely be back to this Yotel in the future.

1  Thank manilapacman
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stayed at the Schiphol Airport Yotel in early October, with my wife, as we had an early morning flight. We chose a Premium room (as opposed to a single) for 7 hours. I have no complaints about the room or the service, in fact the room was quite unique and very compact, as we had expected. Unfortunately, the night we stayed there the vacuum powered drainage system was having problems and after just one shower the entire bathroom area was flooded. The problem was fixed within an hour but when you only have 7 hours it made for a slight inconvenience. Perhaps the most annoying aspect of the Yotel is its location within the airport. First, we had difficulty finding it as there is very little or no signage within the airport, and we had to ask several people where it was (you learn how little airport employees know their airport!). It ended up being in the departures area so we had to go through passport control to get to the Yotel; this was not a big deal, however, at 5:00 in the morning IT IS. We wandered around the departures area trying the find a passport control desk that was open, but as there are no flights arriving or departing at that time, there was no one around. We finally managed to get an official’s attention at the police office and he was able to stamp our passports and let us out. I suppose travelers more familiar with Schiphol airport might have had less trouble and I feel that the Yotel staff might have given us some advice on how to get out to the airline check-in desks. Overall, I would consider staying at the Schiphol Yotel again (but unlikely as we have been to Amsterdam twice now and there are so many more cities to see). My wife stayed at the Gatwick Yotel and had a better experience as it is located in the arrival area with no need for passport control.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Valleyguy2008
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Having booked a 6 hour flight that was going to take me 24 hours to get to my destination,l was well prepared to spend my 16 hour layover time on airport chairs until l climb the stiars and found YOTEL,checked it out and to my delight the prizes were modrate.They have these cute little neat cabins.l had a very restful evening and will use it again if the need arises."Very convenient".

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

First of all the light switch!!Normal hotel rooms when you insert the card into the door it switches on the lights, not this. It took me a while to find the light switch in the dark with the torch function on my phone.
Another issue was the walk in shower, it would leak water onto the floor of the room. Which I would soak up with toilet paper.
Positives I couldn't hear adjacent noise from rooms. The bed was comfortable.
Apart from the negatives, the room was ok, and it certainly beat sleeping on a Airport chair.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 12, 2012

After being in the same clothes for 30 hours and being awake almost the same amount of time it was great to take a very long hot shower and slip between some very clean sheets for a 4 hour nap. There was an endless supply of hot water! The bed was comfortable and roomy. The people were friendly and checkin only took about 2 minutes. The place was as clean as any 5 star I have stayed at! It was a little small but not uncomfortable at all. The price was higher than I would have liked but the value is really there for the tired traveller. I will definitely stay there again if I have a long layover in Amsterdam. I highly recommend the Yotel at Amsterdam!! My only regret is I didn't have anyone to share the experience with.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I had an 8 hr layover in Sciphol during a transatlantic flight - arriving at 5.20 am and leaving at 1.25 pm. Coming off a 7 hr flight, I needed a bed - and fast.

I was adviced to look at Yotel - modern and supposedly claustrophobic.
I personally did not find it claustrophobic, probably because of the great use of space and layout. It had pretty much everything I needed for a shower and 4 hr sleep. Great shower, towel, free wifi (yay! I could trim down my emails) comfortable bed - I chose a lower bunk. Not sure why anyone would opt for the higher bunk. There were several lighting options at the push of a button, and a universal plug - greatest invention for our electrics - no need to carry clunky adaptors! There was a fold out table - the space worked really well.
They also had a meal delivery service which I did not know about - the prices looked even slightly lower than the nearby restaurants.

The cons? The room I was given was occupied, so I ended up waking the poor passenger who came to the door - not great for her, and I had to schlep my hand luggage back to the front and get another room. I wasn't given the new room key, and although I was promised it would be delivered to me, it never was. When I went to collect it so I could pop out for some shopping and then back, there was a new assistant, entering some data form a ledger type book into a computer at the back. She did not acknowledge either me or the man who was there before me for about 5 - 7 mins - very poor customer relations. A simple "I'll be with you" would have sufficed.

All in all - slightly better than average for its purpose, but let down by the rather poor customer service and scatty nature of the mixed up rooms.

2  Thank tdmac
Also consider these accommodations in or near Schiphol
citizenM Schiphol Airport
Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center
Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
Ibis Budget Amsterdam Airport
Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport
Tulip Inn Amsterdam Airport

Been to Yotel Amsterdam Schiphol Airport? Share your experiences!