Stayed for one night on a short business trip on the 29th of October. The check-in to the hotel you do it yourself on a GUI guided by the staff, which where not too enthusiastic or very understanding. A kind of techno-arrogance towards my colleague who is not as techno-savvy as I am, this bothered me a bit.
The room is small and unfortunately lacks a few things and makes your stay not so comfortable. Firstly there is NO place to put your bags at all, the bed is the only place and that might be too high for some. Sure there is a small compartment for bag storage in the bed, but that is not enough and it is far too low for practicality.
The shower is annoying, you get blasted from the above shower-head with whatever temperature water is left in the pipes, even if you set the temperature with the hand-held shower to your liking, clearly a design flaw. Also water is left in the middle of the shower so next time you step in you will be standing in a pool of cold water for a while.
The fancy lights are not that nice in the long run and you end up missing good ol' white quite quickly. The remote that controls everything is fairly easy to understand IF you have enough techno-knowhow and logic, otherwise it might be a real pain. Also operating the room through this one control is very slow and the initial excitement wears-off quite quickly and becomes an annoyance. As a TV remote the remote is very slow and clumsy. The bed is very high and I can see problems for elderly people to climb there, and truthfully it wasn't as comfortable as I expected.
Breakfast is a joke at best, do not invest in the 9,50€ that they call breakfast, instead buy directly from the canteen or walk to the airport to have your breakfast. If you are hungry, you will end-up buying more bread and end up paying over 14€ for breakfast.
The lobby is quite impressive with all the design furniture, lots and lots of places to sit and relax, if you have the time to do so. Also if you have the runway view, you can watch airplanes take-off and taxi, if that is your thing.
What comes to mind is that they have put design over usability and that is not a good way to go. I am disappointed because I really wanted to like the hotel, but the overall experience is just not worth it. On the plus side, check-out was easy and barely took 30 seconds. Unfortunately I will not be staying in this hotel the next time I am in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Connected to Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, citizenM offers affordable luxury for the weariest of travellers, with 355 rooms. Just a two-minute walk from the airport terminals, citizenM is a welcomed pit stop for the savvy and time-pressed guests. Business nomads also have the ease of booking at citizenM's newest societyM: a unique solution of creative meeting spaces. At societyM guests swap bleak conference suites for meeting rooms with innovative design, hi-tech hardware, plush Vitra furniture - even wipe-free walls. For the jet lagged mobile citizens, there's always high pressure rain showers, a XL king-size bed, mood lighting, and bespoke amenities. Enjoy free movies, stream your own content to the TV, and check out the genius MoodPad tablet that controls every detail of your room from temperature and blackout blinds to personalized music. 24/7 dining and cocktailing is also available at canteenM, whether you crave a hot breakfast or a cold beer. It's your call. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Agoda, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your citizenM Schiphol Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citizenm Hotel Amsterdam Airport Hotel Schiphol-Rijk
- CitizenM Schiphol Airport Haarlemmermeer